Nest x Yale Lock with Nest Connect
Smart lock for keyless home entry (Satin Nickel)
Nest x Yale Lock with Nest Connect - Link your lock to an optional Nest Cam for real-time monitoring of your home
Our take on the Nest x Yale Lock with Nest Connect by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Security and convenience from industry leaders
I've been a fan of Nest since their fledgling days in the home automation world. In fact, I bought a first-gen Nest thermostat before I even bought my home in 2012. I'm excited to now introduce their latest smart home creation — a wireless door lock that marries the convenience of Nest software with the security of lock giant Yale's renowned hardware.
How does it work?
This tamper-proof, key-free deadbolt replaces the existing lock in an exterior door. It connects to your home's Wi-Fi® network through a Nest Connect (included) or a Nest Guard hub (sold separately). It comes with everything you need to do a "fresh" install, including an adjustable deadbolt to accommodate your door and frame.
The lock is powered by 4 "AA" batteries. If it loses power, you can quickly charge it with a 9-volt battery to unlock the door.
The Nest x Yale Lock includes all the hardware you need for installation, including an adjustable deadbolt.
Simple, app-based control
Use the free Nest app for Apple® or Android™ to see your lock's status, enable or disable guest access, and lock and unlock your door from anywhere — as long as your lock is connected to the internet.
Here's where the system is super-handy. Say your babysitter or dog-walker is coming over, but doesn't have a house key to get in. Instead of hiding a key under the doormat (or even worse, forgetting to leave one at all), use the app to generate one-time access codes.
You can also create a scheduled window of time in which they can enter. They'll have secure access anytime you want them to, and no access when you don't.
Easy integration with your Nest home security system
The Nest x Yale Lock works in tandem with the Nest Secure alarm system to help keep your home protected. For example, when you unlock your front door, the alarm system automatically disarms itself.
Your lock can also work with the Nest thermostat's Home/Away Assist feature to automatically lock itself when everyone's away from home.
- wireless smart lock for an exterior door
- includes all of the hardware needed for a new installation
- unlock the door remotely from your phone
- check your lock's status at any time, from anywhere
- get instant alerts on your smartphone when someone enters or exits your home
- grant and revoke access anytime through the Nest app (available for Apple and Android devices)
- fits most standard door thicknesses, including 1-3/8", 1-3/4", and between 2" and 2-1/2" thick
- fits doors with a backset distance of up to 2-3/4" (measurement from the edge of the door to the center of the bore hole)
- your door can be any width or height; only its thickness and backset factor into compatibility
- not compatible with mortise, glass or sliding doors, or multi-point locks
Specs and Warranty:
- powered by 4 replaceable "AA" batteries (included)
- Front end: 0.8"L x 2.59"W x 4.59"H
- Rear end: 2.02"L x 2.78"W x 7.03"H
- warranty: limited lifetime warranty for finish and mechanical; two years for electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Why did you buy this?
Meets my needs and integrates with the rest of my Nest product. [ Bary Apr 11, 2018 ]
Integrates into my Nest family of smart products. [ JOHN Mar 29, 2018 ]