Leica Trinovid 8 x 42 HD Binoculars
High-performance waterproof 8X binoculars
Our take on the Leica Trinovid 8 x 42 HD Binoculars by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
See the world more clearly
From the moment you pick them up, you can tell that Leica's Trinovid 8 x 42 HD binoculars are special. The solid feel. The way they fit in your hand. One look through their superior, high-performance optics and your first impressions are confirmed. The razor-sharp images these binoculars deliver are out of this world — bright, colorful, and high-contrast, even in low light. And their smooth, internal-focusing design makes them an absolute pleasure to use. The included Adventure Strap provides plenty of support for comfortable, all-day use in the field while ensuring your Trinovids are always at the ready. The strap also doubles as a padded pouch for safe storage.
Rugged and reliable for a lifetime of use
Leica Trinovids feature a rugged, die-cast magnesium-alloy body with rubber armor coating that's easy to grip. Plus, these binoculars are waterproof and fogproof so you can use them worry-free under just about any conditions. Fully coated optics ensure maximum brightness and contrast. Plus Leica's AquaDura® coating protects the extremely fine optics from water, dust and dirt.
- 8X binoculars with Leica AquaDura®lens coating to protect the optics from water, dust and dirt fully broadband multi-coated optical elements for increased resolution and detail
- nitrogen-filled waterproof and fogproof design for use in all weather conditions
- HDC® multicoating increases contrast and provides true color rendition
- compact roof-prism design
- rugged cast magnesium alloy body
- twist-up eye cups with multiple click stops provide comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- durable rubber armor exterior offers non-slip grip
- tripod adaptable
- magnification: 8X
- objective lens diameter: 42mm
- objective angle of view: 7.2 degrees
- linear field of view at 1000 yards: 413 feet
- close focus distance: 5.9 feet
- exit pupil: 5.3mm
- eye relief: 17mm
- diopter compensation: ±4
- 4-15/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 5-7/16"D
- weight: 26.5 ounces
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- contoured neoprene carrying strap/storage pouch (Adventure Strap)
- standard neck strap
- lens caps and cleaning cloth
What's in the Box:
- 8 x 42mm Binoculars
- Eyepiece caps (installed)
- 2 Objective lens caps (installed)
- Adventure strap (installed)
- Padded shoulder strap
- Neck strap
- Lens cleaner
- Warranty card
- Test certificate
- Adventure strap instructions
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Leica Trinovid 8 x 42 HD is a lightweight, compact binocular that can be used for hunting and other outdoor activities. It features a durable rubber-armored coating for a sure grip, and comes with eyepiece and objective lens caps. The innovative Adventure Strap is a combination carrying strap and storage bag. It is made of neoprene to resist dirt and water. A contoured carrying strap and standard carrying strap are also included.
Waterproof: The Trinovid HD features a hermetically-sealed, nitrogen-filled magnesium housing to prevent fogging, and to protect the internal optics from condensation and mold. The binoculars are 100% waterproof to a maximum depth of 4 meters. The Trinovid HD binoculars can be used in areas of high humidity or rain without worry.
Premium Leica Optics: The Trinovid HD binoculars feature premium Leica optics for sharp, high-contrast images with superior color fidelity.
Focus Wheel/Diopter Ring: The Trinovid 8 x 42 HD has a smooth, central focus wheel for focusing on subjects at different distances. The right eyepiece has a +/-4 diopter ring for adjusting the binoculars to your eyesight without glasses. The diopter ring has a bright red mark, while the diopter index indicates the "0" position, as well as "+" and "-" positions.
Eyecups: The click-stop rubber eyecups has multiple positions to make it easy to position your eyes at the correct eye-point for the greatest comfort during extended use. The eyecups can retract to accommodate eyeglass wearers.
Rubber Coating: The body of the Trinovid HD has a durable rubber-armored coating to give you a non-slip grip, and to protect the binoculars in virtually any weather.
Adventure Strap: The Trinovid 8 x 42 HD comes with Leica's innovative Adventure Strap carrying system. It lets you carry the binoculars comfortably around your neck, secure them to your body when you're on the move, or store them when they're not in use. If you choose not to use the Adventure Strap, a contoured padded neck strap and a standard neck strap are also included.
- Model: Trinovid 8 x 42 HD
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective Diameter: 42 mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 5.9 feet (1.8 meters)
- Subjective Angle of View: 54°
- Diopter Compensation: +/- 4 diopters
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 414 feet
- Field of View at 1000 meters: 124 meters
- Exit Pupil: 5.25 mm
- Eye Relief: 17 mm
- Twilight Factor: 18.3
- Light Transmission: 90%
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 58-76 mm
- Dimensions: Width (maximum) 4.96", Height 5.593" (w/o caps), Depth (minimum) 2.03"
- Weight: 25.75 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.