8-channel video surveillance system with 1TB DVR and four HD cameras
Our take on the Samsung SDH-B74041 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Expandable surveillance system for a home or small business
This system provides four high-def, weather-resistant bullet cameras to help you keep tabs on your home or business, indoors and out. The included 8-channel DVR supports four included HD cameras and can accommodate four more when you're ready to expand. The 1TB surveillance-grade hard drive inside provides plenty of storage space for video.
The included SDC-9443BCN cameras are very effective in low light, thanks to auto-activated infrared LED sensors that can pick up what's going on up to 82 feet away, even at night. The cameras also feature Samsung Super Dynamic Range, which helps lighten shadowed areas in your image without washing out the lighted parts. Even better, the wide-angle lens offers a broad 105° angle of view.
Keep an eye on things, wherever you are
With the help of Samsung's free mobile app, you can view live video on your iOS® or Android™ tablet or smartphone, so you can keep an eye on things even when you're at a meeting, or out of town. Another free app, called Smart Viewer®, allows video monitoring from multiple cameras on a single screen.
- complete video surveillance kit with DVR and four HD indoor/outdoor bullet cameras
- email notifications can be sent when motion or camera tampering is detected
- Samsung's free mobile app sends surveillance video to your iOS® or Android™ tablet or smartphone
- Smart Viewer® app allows video monitoring from multiple cameras on a single screen
- privacy masking function lets you tailor your monitoring to exclude sensitive areas
- DVR supports four included HD cameras plus up to four additional HD cameras
- 1TB hard drive for video storage
- fast forward and slow forward playback
- separate administrator and work group password encryption
- mouse included
- 1 HDMI and 1 Ethernet cable included
- 11-13/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 8-11/16"D
- weight: 3.17 lbs.
- full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 1/2.7" 2-megapixel CMOS sensor
- clear infrared night imaging up to 82 feet away
- 105° wide-angle lens expands coverage without compromising quality
- Samsung Super Dynamic Range automatically lightens dark areas without altering brighter ones
- 60 feet of BNC cable included for each camera
- 2-3/4" diameter x 5-15/16" length
- weight: 11.5 oz. (each)
Connections and Warranty:
- dual USB 2.0 ports (1 front and 1 rear)
- VGA and HDMI outputs for video monitoring (HDMI cable included)
- Ethernet port (cable included)
- RCA audio input and output
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 8-Channel Digital Video Recorder (SDR-B74301N)
- 4 Mini-bullet cameras (SDC-9443BCN) with attached 17" power/signal cable
- Four 60' lengths of power/signal cable (DC barrel and BNC connectors on each end)
- 12 Self-tapping screws (20mm length)
- 12 Plastic wall anchors
- Four 3mm Allen wrenches
- Optical mouse with 46" USB cable (Type A USB)
- Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 59" Network cable (RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- 6' HDMI cable
- Two AC adapters with attached 48" DC output cords (DC output: 12V 2000mA)
- DC power adapter (1 in - 4 out) with 12" cable
- Software and User Manuals on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Notification sheet
- Samsung Warranty Certificate
- User Manual download URL sheet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Samsung Wisenet SDH-B74041 Full HD Video Security System includes an 8-channel DVR (digital video recorder) with a built-in 1 TB HDD (hard disk drive), and four SDC-9443BCN Full HD weatherproof mini-bullet cameras. The DVR lets you simultaneously record video from up to 8 connected cameras. It has an HDMI port and a VGA port to let you monitor the system in real time. This system is ideal for use in home or retail settings.
1 TB Capacity: The SDR-B74301N DVR includes a built-in 1 TB surveillance-class SATA HDD (hard disk drive) that gives you thousands of hours of storage. You can remove the installed 1 TB HDD to install one with more memory. The recorder is compatible with HDDs up to 6 TB.
Operating System: The DVR has an embedded LINUX operating system to maintain stable operation.
Included Cameras: The DVR kit includes four SDC-9443BCN weatherproof mini-bullet cameras. The cameras feature IR LEDs for "night vision" up to 82' in total darkness. In ambient light, the camera produces clear images up to 130' away. The package also includes four 60' lengths of cable (for power and video signal). Camera features include:
- Image Sensor: 2M 1/2.7" Color CMOS image sensor with a Full HD resolution of 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) effective pixels
- Scanning System: Progressive, 30 fps (NTSC)
- Maximum Transmission Length: Up to 180 feet
- IR Range: 82 feet (25 meters)
- Minimum Illumination: 0 Lux with IR LED on
- Lens: 3.6mm F2.1 lens with 88°H / 46°V / 105°D field of view
- Weatherproof Rating: IP66 rated for dust, wind, and moisture
- Operating Temperature Range: -22°F to +122°F, less than 90% relative humidity
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.701", Length 5.901" (including the base), Base Diameter 2.739"
- Weight: 11.5 ounces
DVR: The component-style DVR lets you monitor and record video (at up to 120 fps) from up to 8 remotely-mounted cameras. Eight BNC video inputs are provided to plug in the cameras. The unit also has four audio inputs and one audio output for use with an optional microphone system. (The included cameras are not audio capable.) The system uses H.264 video encoding and G.711 audio encoding. You can simultaneously record to the hard disk, while playing back recorded video. The DVR comes with a full-featured wireless remote control.
Recording Modes: You can record any or all cameras manually, triggered by an event, or create a recording schedule. Events include motion detection anywhere on the screen, or within a customizable window, video loss (caused by camera disconnection), or tampering (change of camera's framing direction, blocked lens, or other overall change of scenes from the video). You can set a recording schedule for a specific date and time with specific start and end times. With each recording, you can set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 (up to 120 fps), 1280 x 720 (up to 240 fps), or 960 x 480 (up to 240 fps).
Live Monitoring: You can monitor up to 8 connected cameras at the same time, or any of the cameras individually. Single camera monitoring can be done in sequence, or selected manually. The DVR has an HDMI port to connect it to a TV, and a VGA port for connecting to a computer monitor. Both HDMI and VGA monitor signals can be output simultaneously. The video outputs have a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, or 960 x 480 at 240 fps (or 200 fps for PAL).
WiseView: The DVR supports real-time monitoring via a network connection. With Wisenet's WiseView software (included), you can connect and control the system from your PC via a network connection. You can also search for, and playback recorded video remotely. WiseView is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10, as well as Mac OS X 10.9 and above.
WiseView Mobile App: Using the WiseView app, you can also view video from your security system on an iOS or Android tablet or smartphone. The app is compatible with iPhone/iPad running iOS 7.0 or later, as well as Android devices with version 4.4 and up. In addition to monitoring multiple cameras, you can also playback recorded video from the DVR.
Notifications: The system can send instant email notifications when motion is detected, or when cameras are tampered with. This allows you to respond instantly when unexpected events arise. When a camera is redirected, vandalized, or covered up, you are notified, and recording to the DVR automatically begins.
Motion Detection Zones: You can set up to 4 areas as motion detection zones. When motion is detected within one of these areas, an alarm will be triggered, and an email notification will be sent. You can exclude some areas where false alarms may trigger the system.
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 4 zones per camera can be selected for privacy masking.
Video Playback: When you are ready to play back recordings, you can search by time, type, or channel. Videos can be played back at normal speed, fast play, slow play, manual frame-by-frame playback, and reverse play. You can switch to the previous or next file, or any file in the current play list. If there are files from another channel recorded at the same time, you can immediately switch to that file. All channel synchronous real time playback is also available. In continuous play mode, the next file automatically plays when the current file ends.
Backup: The DVR allows you to backup your HDD to the PC where the program is currently running, or via the provided High Speed USB 2.0 port on the rear panel. You can use a flash drive, portable HDD, or a disk burner. The device should be formatted in FAT 32 format.
Connections: The DVR has the following connections:
- Front Panel: USB port (Type A) for connecting supplied optical mouse
- Rear Panel:
- Video In: BNC x8
- Audio In: RCA x4
- Audio Out: RCA x1
- VGA Output: Female DE-15
- HDMI: Full size
- LAN Port: RJ-45
- USB Port (Type A): High Speed USB 2.0 port for connecting mass storage hard disk backup
- Power Socket: DC 12V for supplied AC power adapter
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Price [ Jerry Oct 16, 2017 ]