Samsung SNH-C6417BN Wireless SmartCam
Indoor HD security camera
Samsung SNH-C6417BN Wireless SmartCam - Compact size lets you install this wireless camera just about anywhere
Samsung SNH-C6417BN Wireless SmartCam - Smart motion and audio detection let you focus on what you want to see and hear
Samsung SNH-C6417BN Wireless SmartCam - Get instant push notifications or emails sent directly to your mobile device
Our take on the Samsung SNH-C6417BN Wireless SmartCam by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The folding stand on the Samsung SNH-C6417BN SmartCam also serves as a wall mount.
See and hear everything with this wireless SmartCam
Samsung's SNH-C6417BN camera makes it easy for you to keep your eye on your home or business, even when you're not there. The camera offers full HD resolution, and the ability to wirelessly view video from your laptop or an Android™ or Apple® mobile device. Just download the Samsung SmartCam app from the App Store® or Google Play® and keep your family, pets, and stuff in view, even when you're on vacation.
Let them hear your voice
If you've left a pet or elderly family member at home while you're at work, you can not only keep tabs on how they're doing, but you can let them know you're available any time you need to be with the built-in Two Way Talk feature. Speak into your smartphone, and your voice will come out of the camera's speaker on the other end. Tell Rover to get off the couch, or remind grandpa to take his medication, without having to interrupt your workflow.
- color camera with built-in Wi-Fi® streams HD video to your computer or mobile device
- max resolution: 1080p @ 30 fps
- Wi-Fi direct function lets you connect the camera to your wireless network quickly
- 4X digital zoom
- free Samsung SmartCam app for Android™ or iOS® available on the App Store® and Google Play®
- compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa) and Google Home
- camera's microphone and speaker allow you to talk back through your phone
- smart motion and audio detection can ignore everyday background noise and focus on what you want to see and hear
- get instant push notifications or emails sent directly to your mobile device when your camera detects something unusual
- select up to three motion zones in the camera's field of view
- advanced IR cut filter helps provide clear video up to 32 feet away in low-light situations
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology enhances details in backlit conditions
- 130° ultra-wide angle lens maximizes coverage
- memory card slot lets you locally store up to 128GB on a microSDXC memory card
- 2-1/2"W x 3-11/16"H x 1-11/16"D
- weight: 4.83 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Indoor IP surveillance camera on base
- AC adapter with 8.25' DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2A)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (M3 x 20mm)
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- Quick Start Guide for iOS/Android Setup (English)
- Quick Start Guide for iOS/Android Setup (Spanish)
- Quick Start Guide for iOS/Android Setup (French)
- Warranty Certificate
- Open Source Announcement
Overview: The Wisenet SmartCam HD Plus (SNH-C6417BN) is an indoor IP camera for home surveillance and monitoring. It can stream HD video wirelessly to your computer, smartphone, or tablet (through the free SmartCam App), or record to an inserted microSD memory card. The camera's wide-angle lens covers a large area, even at night.
Camera: The camera can be mounted to a wall via 2 screws (screws and wall anchors included). The camera can be tilted on its hinged mount to set the desired camera angle. The SNH-C6417BN is 2.581" in diameter, and stands up to 3.841" tall on its 2.5" x 2.5" base. The camera weighs 4.9 ounces.
Wide Angle Lens: The Wisenet SmartCam is equipped with a fixed focus, wide-angle 2.8mm lens with a viewing angle of 130° diagonally, 113° horizontally, and 63° vertically.
Wide Dynamic Range: With Wisenet's Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology, subjects in front of a bright background can be seen clearly with enhanced detail. The camera is able to brighten the subject and foreground, and darken the background for a balanced scene.
Night Vision: The camera is equipped with infrared LEDs that enhance the available light in dark areas up to 32 feet (10 meters) away to give you more image detail extreme low lighting conditions or in total darkness (0 Lux). The camera's True Day/Night filter gives you vivid color in the daytime and detailed black and white at night. Minimum illumination is 0.3 Lux (color) and 0 Lux (B&W).
Image Sensor: The camera has a 1/3" 2-megapixel CMOS image sensor with a native resolution of 1944 x 1092 pixels. You'll be able to view streaming video at 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, or 640 x 360 resolution.
Wi-Fi: The SNH-V6430BNH camera can connect to your wired or wireless LAN. The camera has a Wi-Fi Direct function which allows you to easily, and instantly, connect to your network at the push of a button. The camera is compatible with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, as well as iOS and Android devices.
Two-way Audio Communication: The SmartCam has a built-in microphone for picking up sounds near the camera and a speaker so you can communicate via smartphone. You can set the camera to alert you if audio is detected. You must have the microphone level set high enough for audio to be recorded.
SmartCam App: The ability to view live video and use two-way audio communication from your camera comes through the Wisenet SmartCam app, available from Google Play and Apple iTunes. Setup is easy through the intuitive step-by-step process. The app is compatible with Android devices running OS version 4.0 and up, as well as iPhone/iPad/iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later.
Note: Recommended settings for iOS users streaming video are 320 x 240 resolution at 20fps via Wi-Fi and 320 x 240 at 5 fps via 3G communications.
Motion/Sound Detection and Zone Alerts: The Setup Menu allows you turn on motion detection and sound detection, either of which will trigger an alert. The sensitivity level of motion and sound detection can be vary, depending upon your preference for triggering alerts. In addition, you can increase the accuracy of the motion detection by selecting a Motion Zone. For example, you can set a Motion Zone on a window, door, gate, or any other area of interest in the camera's field of view. Up to 3 Motion Zones can be selected at a time.
Notifications: You can configure the SmartCam system to provide instant email alerts and push notifications to your smart device when significant motion or sound is detected. Event alerts can also be made available through Picasa or Twitter. You can monitor the event in real time, while the video is simultaneously being recorded onto a microSD memory card.
MicroSD Card Slot: The indoor power/Wi-Fi module has a slot for a microSD memory card that provides reliable video storage without having to pay monthly cloud recording service fees. In the Setup Menu, the camera can be set to record continuously, or record only when motion events are detected. The unit will accept microSD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128 GB (FAT32 file system).
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (single band)
- Video Compression: H.264
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 640 x 360
- Maximum Frame Rate: Up to 30 fps
- Audio Compression: G.711 u-law
- Security: HTTPS (SSL) Login Authentication; Digest Login Authentication
- Streaming Capability: Multiple Streaming (up to 4 profiles)
- PC OS Support (Web Viewer): Windows 7, 8, or higher; Mac OS X or higher
- Mobile OS Support: Android OS: 4.0 or higher; iOS 7.0 or higher
- Supported Browsers: Internet Explorer only
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.