Celerity Technologies FOG-TXWP Fiber Optic Gateway Control Wall Plate Transmitter
HDMI/Ethernet/control signal extender over fiber optic cable for runs up to 1000 feet
Item # 926FOGTXWP | MFR # FOG-TXWP
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Celerity Technologies FOG-TXWP Fiber Optic Gateway Control Wall Plate Transmitter by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Versatile high-speed fiber optic connectivity
Moving massive amounts of 4K Ultra HD video, audio, data, and control signals over long distances used to be tricky, until now. Thanks to Celerity Technologies' Fiber Optic Gateway system, you can send content at distances up to 1000 feet over a single thin fiber optic cable. It works with all of the following types of signals:
- HDMI 2.0a for HD and Ultra HD video and multichannel audio
- RS-232 for system control
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet for content and/or IP control to a smart TV or other network device
- 2-way infrared (IR) remote control commands
- USB HID (USB v1.1) for keyboard, video, mouse, and other interactive applications
All you need to create a simple, reliable system is this Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway control wall plate transmitter, plus a matching Celerity control box or wall plate receiver, and enough length of high-speed fiber optic control cable to tie them together. It's a tidy solution that makes sense for a range of multi-room audio/video applications.
Since the cable is fiber optic, there's no signal loss, even over long runs, and it's impervious to interference from appliances, wireless devices, computers, or other noisy electronic equipment. Your audio/video content and data will arrive at its destination looking and sounding as good as when it started.
Easy two-step installation
Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway systems are installed using a simple two-step process. First, pre-wire your setup by running the Fiber Optic Control Cable from your source to your display. The cable features pre-terminated mini digital connectors at each end that make it easier to pull. Celerity cables are thin and flexible so you can easily run them along baseboards, and install them in concealed locations, conduit, plenum spaces, and cabling raceways.
Step two: simply attach the cable's mini digital connectors to your Celerity transmitter and receiver. You can use either a control box or wall plate on each end. Then plug in your sending and receiving A/V components, and you're done. The transmitter and receiver's electronics are each powered by included USB adapters.
Note: Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway systems are not compatible with Celerity Fiber Optic HDMI cables.
- one FOG-TXCB Control Wall Plate transmitter and one Celerity Technologies FOG-RXCB Control Box Receiver or Celerity Technologies FOG-RXCB Control Wall Plate Receiver required for a functional system
- requires Celerity Technologies fiber optic control cable to connect transmitter and receiver
- supports data speeds up to 18 Gbps at lengths up to 1,000 feet
- HDMI High Speed 2.0a certified capability supports 3D, 4K/60 Hz, 1080p, 720p, 480p, Ethernet 10/100BASE-T, IR, RS-232 (RJ45), and USB HID (USB v1.1/Type-A)
- supports HDCP 2.2, EDID, CEC, and HDMI audio return channel (ARC) for sending sound from an HDTV back to an A/V receiver
- requires external 5V power supply (included)
- HDMI and Ethernet cables required for audio/video component connections (sold separately)
- includes IR emitter and receiver cables with 3.5mm plugs (TS/TRS, 5V)
- installs in standard, single-gang junction box (white Decora® trimplate included)
- 1-3/8"W x 2-3/4"H x 1-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Fiber optic gateway transmitter wall-plate
- USB-AC power adapter (5V/1A)
- Two 59" USB cables
- 58" IR emittor cable
- 58" IR receiver cable
- User Guide
Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway (FOG): Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway (FOG) is a breakthrough for high definition, long distance distribution of AV and control signals over fiber optic cable. HDMI, RS232, IR, 10/100BASE-T Ethernet, and USB HID are supported up to 1000' over a single Celerity fiber optic cable. The combination of these functions in a wall-plate device with fiber optic connectivity provides superior performance, bandwidth and flexibility for AV professionals and DIY'ers to design and install high performance content and control signal distribution systems.
Fiber Optics Benefits: Fiber optics work better for sending digital signals which include audio, video and data information. These signals travel faster and farther without degradation or signal loss over fiber optics, versus copper. Fiber Optic does not pick up interference nor does it create interference to your entertainment system. As all of the signals being carried are optical light signals, they are completely immune to interference and electronic noise. Because Fiber Optic is EMI free, it can be installed with multiple cable pulls.
Supported Solutions: Supporting 4K/60Hz HDMI performance, Celerity FOG delivers 100% pure signal integrity from point-to-point at exceptional speed. HDMI for ultra high-definition video and multi-channel audio; IR transmission for remote control; RS232 for system control; USB HID for KVM and other interactive applications; Ethernet to enable web browsing on an HDTV from a computer; and IP system control can now all be supported with a single fiber optic cable and the Celerity Fiber Optic Wall-Plate.
Wall-Plate Design: Providing the convenience of an architectural design for in-wall and recessed installations in a single-gang box enclosure, the Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway Wall Plate has been designed to provide a small footprint, thin-depth fiber optic wall plate connection point. Suitable for in-wall mounting behind components, and located at in-room connection panels for classrooms, conference rooms and fixtures such as lecterns and table boxes, the Celerity FOG-TXWP and FOG-RXWP offer versatility for installation requirements. With a mounting depth of only 1.55" (40mm) and a single Celerity mini digital connector on the interior side, the FOG-WP may be installed efficiently and without the need for on-site fiber terminations.
Fiber Optic Gateway Transmitter: The Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway Wall-Plate Transmitter (FOG-TXWP) works in conjunction with the Celerity's Fiber Optic Gateway Receiver (FOG-RXWP; sold separately). The FOG-TXWP will be placed at the source equipment, while the FOG-RXWP will be placed at the receiving equipment. Connection is made between the Transmitter and Receiver with a Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway cable available in lengths from 35' to 1000' (sold separately) which connect to the FOG wall-plates via a secure, mini digital connector. The FOG Wall-Plate Transmitter features HDMI, IR, USB HID, Ethernet, and RS232 connectivity. These inputs travel to the FOG Wall-Plate Receiver via Celerity's Fiber Optic Gateway cable. The Receiver then features HDMI, IR, USB HID, Ethernet, and RS232 outputs for your video display.
- HDMI: The HDMI output supports 4K/60Hz ultra high-definition video and multi-channel audio. It also meets HDCP, EDID, DDC and CEC requirements for HDMI standard.
- Ethernet: The RJ-45 Ethernet jack (10/100BASE-T) allows connection between your home's network/internet and your Smart HDTV; connect with a CAT5/6 cable. The Ethernet jack bidirectional and may be connected in the best way to fit a particular application.
- USB HID: The USB HID type-A port (version 1.1) provides connection to USB-enabled keyboard and mouse for control.
- IR TX: Connect the included IR emitter to the IR TX port (3.5mm). IR information sent from the Transmitter (FOG-TXCB connected to the Receiver (FOG-RXCB) will be emitted for the purpose of controlling a component with an IR remote. Make sure to place the emitter over the component's IR window.
- IR RX: Connect the included IR receiver to the IR RX port (3.5mm). The IR receiver will send IR information from the Transmitter (FOG-TXCB) to the Receiver (FOG -RXCB) for the purpose of controlling a component attached to the Transmitter
- RS232: Connect a DB-9 to RJ45 cable from the RS232 port
on your AV controller, computer, etc to the FOG-TXCB
RS232 port (RJ-45); connect with a CAT5/6 cable. The RS232 port is bidirectional and may be connected in the best way to fit a particular application
Note: Pay close attention to the "direction" of the Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway cable; install the fiber optic cable in the required pathway between the source components and the display components. At each end of the Celerity FOG cable is a mini digital connector. Place the "T" labeled mini-connector at the source location and extend the fiber optic cable to the receiving equipment. The Celerity Fiber Optic mini digital connectors are clearly marked "T" for source and "R" for display, and must be installed correctly.
Interchangeable: Celerity's Fiber Optic Gateway Wall-Plate Transmitter and Receiver work in pairs and may be interchanged with other Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway products, such as Celerity's Fiber Optic Gateway Control Box Transmitter (FOG-TXCB) and Receiver (FOG-RXCB) for further system design and installation flexibility.
IR Emitter & Receiver: The Celerity Fiber Optic Gateway Wall-Plate Transmitter comes supplied with an IR emitter and IR receiver so you can still control your display and source components which are in different locations.
Power Requirements: The Celerity FOG Wall-Plate Transmitter maybe powered in one of two ways. Either connect the supplied USB-AC adapter via the included USB power cable to the Power USB input of the Wall-Plate Transmitter and an AC wall-outlet, or use a 5V/300mA DC power supply (not included) wired to the two-pin terminal block Power input on the rear of the Wall-Plate Transmitter for a permanent, internal power connection.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.