Power amplifier — 160 watts x 2 at 8 ohms, 1000 watts x 1 at 4 ohms bridged
Our take on the Behringer NX1000 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
This lightweight amp packs a powerful punch
Weighing in at just over seven pounds, Behringer's NX1000 2-channel power amplifier can punch out 160 watts per channel through 8 ohms, 300 watts per channel into 4 ohms, 500 watts per channel at 2 ohms, and a solid 1,000 watts when bridged in mono, 1-channel mode. Its class D design and "back to front" ventilation system ensure that the amp will run reliably with virtually no thermal buildup, eliminating the need for the heavy transformers and massive heat sinks found in "old school" amps.
It has brains too
This amplifier uses Behringer's SmartSense loudspeaker impedance compensation technology, so its frequency response isn't dependent on the load it drives — in other words, the amp sounds the same no matter what speaker's attached. The built-in "Zero Attack" limiters let you get the most output, but still protect your speakers from being overdriven.
A simple and effective design
The NX1000's onboard crossover can be switched to low-pass for powering subwoofers, high-pass when another amp is powering the sub, or full-range for your full-range PA speakers. Large gain knobs on the front panel let you easily adjust the level of each channel. LED arrays show the relative output levels as well as indicate when the limiter engages.
NX1000 rear panel and connections
- 2-channel power amplifier
- rated output:
- 160 watts per channel at 8 ohms
- 300 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- 500 watts per channel at 2 ohms
- 1000 watts (mono) at 4 ohms in bridged mode
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (-1 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
- illuminated independent right- and left-channel level controls for precise volume matching
- switchable high- or low-pass crossover (100 Hz)
- switch for stereo, or mono bridged modes
- variable-speed fan and "back to front" ventilation for heat dissipation
- DC, short circuit, and thermal overload protection
- rack mount ears included
- inputs: combination XLR and 1/4" TRS
- outputs: two twist-lock connections (compatible with Neutrik Speakon connectors)
- dimensions: 19"W x 3-3/4"H x 9-1/8"D (2 rack spaces)
- weight: 7.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||160|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||300|
|Watts per channel 2 ohms||500|