Overview: The Behringer Powerplay P16-M is a 16-channel digital stereo
mixer designed for use with personal in-ear monitor systems. It lets you create
and control your own personal monitor mix from up to 16 channels of input. The
P16-M also includes a 3-band EQ with mid-band frequency control, an output
limiter, and a mono/stereo line output for external powered monitors. The P16-M
comes with a 15.5' CAT5e cable and an AC adapter.
System Applications: The P16-M can be connected directly to the
XR18 or X32 digital mixer's Ultranet port with the included CAT5e cable. Multiple
P16-Ms can be connected to a sound system through a Powerplay P16-I Audio
Interface or a P16-D Ultranet Distributor (both sold separately). Using an optional P16-D, you can daisy-chain up to 48 P16M personal mixers.
Mixing: With the P16-M, you can select and adjust the volume for 16
separate input channels. In addition, you can pan the audio left to right, and
adjust the EQ for each channel with the 3-band EQ.
Equalizer: The P16-M's equalizer has three bands, each with an
adjustment of +/- 12dB. The bass band's center frequency is 100Hz, and the
treble band's is 10kHz. The mid frequency is semi-parametric which allows you to
set the center frequency between 100Hz and 10kHz.
Limiter: The P16-M's output control features an adjustable limiter
that sets a maximum volume level to protect your ears and headphones.
MIDI Input: The mixer has a 5-pin MIDI In port that gives you
real-time remote control of all channels by an external MIDI device.
Mounting: The P16-M can be mounted onto a microphone stand
for easy on-stage access using an optional P16-MB mic stand mount (not
Warranty Terms: Behringer offers a 3-year warranty when you
register your product within 90 calendar days of purchase. If the product is
not properly registered, the warranty period is one year.
Connections: The Powerplay P16-M has the following connections:
- Phones: 1/4" TRS, stereo
- Line Out: Two 1/4" TS, unbalanced (L/Mono + R)
- MIDI In: 5-pin MIDI connector
- Ultranet: Two RJ-45 connectors -- In + Thru
- DC In: DC power port (12 VDC, 300mA)
- Link: Push button for combining adjacent mono channels into
linked stereo pairs
- Group: Push button for grouping any selected mono or
stereo-linked channels into one or more groups (which can be stored into
- Recall: Push button for loading up to 16 saved presets
- Store: Push button to save current settings to up to 16
- Bass: Rotary control for adjusting bass +/- 12dB at 100 Hz
- Mid: Rotary control for adjusting selected mid frequency +/-
- Frequency: Rotary control for selecting mid frequency
between 100Hz and 10kHz
- Treble: Rotary control for adjusting treble +/- 12dB at 10
- Limiter: Rotary control for setting the limiter threshold for
the master output
- Level: Rotary control for setting the overall master output
- Main: Push button for selecting the main stereo bus signal, which
has its own settings for volume, balance, and equalization
- Solo: Push button for muting all channels except for the selected
mono channel, stereo-linked pair, or group
- Mute: Push button for muting the selected channels or the main
signal (full mute)
- Pan/Balance: Rotary control for adjusting the stereo placement of
mono channels and the relative left-right balance of stereo-linked channels
or the main stereo bus signal (has a balance meter)
- Volume: Rotary control for adjusting the mix level for selected
mono, stereo-linked, groups, or the main stereo bus signal
- Channel Select Buttons 1-16: Sixteen individual push buttons that
activate mono and stereo-linked channels and groups for individual mix
adjustment and editing. Each channel button has red LEDs to indicate the
channel is selected, and green LEDs that flicker when there is audio
- Digital Processing: 24-bit, 44.1/48kHz sampling rate via a 24-bit
Delta-Sigma A/D converter
- Signal: 16 channels, plus bus power
- Latency: <0.9ms (from P16-I to P16-M)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0, -3dB)
- Dynamic Range: 92 dB (typical)
- Headphone Output: -20 to +15 dBu
- Limiter: Ratio ∞:1
- Dimensions: Width 10.171", Height 2.122", Depth 5.083"
- Weight: 1.8 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.