Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1202FX
Rack-mount 12-channel mixer with effects
Our take on the Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1202FX by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Rack-mounted mixer saves space
Behringer's Eurorack Pro RX1202FX is a full-featured, easy-to-use 12-channel mixer packed into a rack-mountable chassis for protection on the road and convenience in space-challenged situations. And with up to 100 digital audio effects onboard, you won't need to lug around any outboard hardware in order to get a great-sounding mix.
The first eight channels feature ultraclean Behringer Xenyx mic preamps so vocals arrive at their destinations free of coloration and full of emotion. You can also access these channels via balanced TRS 1/4" line inputs and insert points, which allow you to send each channel's signal to an outboard device and then return it to the channel. You'll find a 2-band EQ on each channel strip to keep tones under control, and a clip light to help you obtain a distortion-free mix. Channels 9/10 and11/12 feature stereo-pair balanced TRS 1/4" line inputs.
RX1202FX connection panel
The RX1202FX's outputs include the left and right main outputs for a PA, a monitor output for musicians to hear themselves onstage, and an FX output that can be used with outboard effects or for a second monitor mix.
100 effects onboard
You'll have 100 preset digital effects at your disposal whenever an ambient or modulation effect is called for in the music. You can be sure you'll find just the effect you want among all the different reverbs, delays, choruses, and phasers available.
RCA inputs and outputs allow you to play and record with analog devices. You can switch on 48-volt phantom power on the mic channels for condenser microphones. Output LED arrays show you where the output levels are, and include clip lights to tell you when you've gone too far.
RX1202FX control surface
- channels 1-8:
- mono mic/line inputs (XLR and 1/4" TRS)
- Xenyx microphone preamps
- insertion (I/O) jacks
- switchable phantom power (+48 volts)
- channels 9/10 and 11/12:
- stereo line inputs (1/4" TRS)
- 2-band EQ on all channels
- clip lights on all channels
- Left/Right main outputs (XLR and 1/4" TRS)
- 2 auxiliary sends
- Monitor: pre-fader
- FX: post-fader bus to effects processor and effects send
- digital effects processor with 100 preset effects (reverb, chorus, delay)
- LED output meter with peak indicator
- pan controls on each channel
- headphone output
- unbalanced stereo CD/Tape (RCA) inputs and outputs
- dimensions: 19"W x 5-1/4"H x 8"D
- weight: 6.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year (3 years with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 5' AC power cord
- Owners manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Mic inputs||8 XLR|
|Line inputs||12 x 1/4"|
|Monitors||3 x 1/4"|
Overview: The RX1202FX is a 12 channel, rack mountable mixer featuring Behringer's state-of-the-art XENYX mic preamps, 2-band "British" EQ per channel, a studio-grade FX processor with 100 presets, and switchable +48V phantom power for the 8 mono input channels.
Inputs: All of the RX1202FX's inputs are located on the back panel and are as follows:
- Channels 1-8 are mono and have both a single balanced XLR, with XENYX mic preamps, and a 1/4" line input.
- Channels 9/10 and 11/12 are stereo inputs with dual 1/4" jacks.
- RCA stereo inputs for running a CD, TAPE, or MP3 player into the mixer. These are assignable to the Main mix or Control Room/Phones outputs.
- Dual 1/4" stereo AUX return input.
Outputs: All of the RX1202FX's outputs are located on the back panel, except the headphone jack, and are as follows:
- Main outputs are dual XLR balanced jacks (no TRS outputs provided).
- Dual 1/4" Control Room output for monitoring.
- A summed/mono MONITOR output, with individual level controls for each channel. This outputs the signal pre-fader for monitoring.
- An FX summed/mono output, with individual level controls for each channel. This outputs the signal post-fader and can be used in conjunction with the AUX return to loop the sound through an outboard processor.
- RCA stereo output. This outputs the same signal as the main output.
- Individual 1/4" channel inserts for each of the 8 mono inputs.
- 1/4" stereo headphone output on front panel.
2-Band EQ: Each of the RX1202FX's 12 channels feature a 2-Band, neo-classic "British" EQ for a warm and musical sound. The HIGH adjustment is +/-15dB at 12kHz, and the LOW adjustment is +/-15dB at 100Hz.
Digital Effects Processor: The RX1202FX features a 24-bit multi-FX processor with 100 presets. These presets include: 50 Reverb types, 10 Delay types, 10 Chorus/Flanger types, 10 Phaser/Pich-Shift types, and 20 multi-effects type that provide combinations of 2 effects chained together. There is also a master control dial to adjust the amount of effected signal going back into the Main output.
Controls: In addition to the EQ and effects sends adjustments, each channel has:
- input gain control.
- pan/balance control.
- linear fader for channel level.
- Individual level controls for both the Main and Control Rm/Phone outputs.
Warranty Terms: Behringer offers a 3-year warranty when you register your product within 90 calendar days of purchase. If the product is not properly registered, the warranty period is one year.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1202FX
Rack-mount 12-channel mixer with effects$219.99
10-channel mixer — with compression, effects, USB connection, and DAW software
6-channel mixer and USB 2.0 computer/iPad® recording interface$199.99
12-channel mixer — with effects and USB connection