Overview: The Behringer UMC202HD is a compact and versatile
USB recording interface featuring 2 input channels, each with MIDAS designed
pre-amps, studio-grade 24-Bit/192 kHz converters, zero-latency direct monitoring
while recording, and more, all housed in Behringer's "built-like-a-tank"
impact-resistant metal chassis.
MIDAS Pre-amps: MIDAS is a company that's earned its reputation due to
their no-compromise approach to audio and build quality, particularly their
award-winning mic preamps which are considered to be one of the industry's best
sounding designs. Both of the UMC202HD's two Inputs include MIDAS pre-amps and
can accept mic, line, and instrument level signals.
Zero-Latency Monitoring: The UMC202HD's front panel Direct
Monitor button allows zero-latency
direct monitoring, which allows you to hear the performance clearly with no
delay or lag in the returning signal.
Tracktion: Included as a free download after registering the
interface, Tracktion is a full-blown Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for
composing, recording, editing, and mixing your music. Tracktion gives you
features such as dynamic automation, unlimited track count, MIDI recording, and
support for VST and AU plug-ins.
Front Panel: Both Inputs on the UMC202HD are balanced
combination XLR/1/4" TRS jacks that can accept mic, line, and instrument level
signals, each able to output +48V phantom power. Their corresponding input
controls include Gain, a Line/Instrument selector, and a Pad button to attenuate
hotter signals. Each Input also includes a Signal LED, that lights when a signal
is present on that input, and a Clip LED, that lights when the signal starts to
distort. Included with the Headphone output and its Volume control is a Direct
Monitor switch. When engaged, this switch allows you to hear the direct sound
versus the recorded sound. There's a main Output control which adjusts the output level of the Main Outs, and
two status LEDs for the following:
- Power: LED indicates unit is on or off.
- +48V: Lights if the rear panel Phantom Power switch is engaged.
Rear Panel: The rear panel of the UMC202HD include:
- USB: A USB type-B, 2.0, output provides connection to your
computer for audio transfer to and from your DAW and is compatible with most
popular recording software including Avid ProTools, Ableton Live, Steinberg
Cubase, and many others. The USB port is also used to power the interface
from a connected computer.
- +48V: This On/Off switch puts +48V of phantom power to each of
the 2 XLR input jacks when engaged.
- Main Out: The Main Output of the audio interface consists of Left
and Right balanced 1/4" TRS jacks.
- Kensington Security: Unit includes a Kensington Security lock
- Preamp: 2 x MIDAS design
- Type: 2 x XLR/1/4" TRS combo jacks (Mic, Line, Instrument
- Input Level Attenuation: 2 x Pad switch
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 50 kHz (0 / -3 dB)
- Impedance: Mic in: 3 kΩ /
Instrument in: 1 MΩ
- Maximum Input Level: Mic: -4 dBu
/ Line: +20 dBu / Instrument: -3 dBu
- Phantom Power: +48V, switchable
- 1 x 1/4" Stereo (Phones)
- 2 x 1/4" TRS (Main Out)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 43
kHz (0 / +0.3 dB)
- Maximum Output Level: +3 dBu
- Software Support:
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X,
Windows XP or higher
- Drivers: Mac: No driver required
/ CoreAudio supported, Windows: Available as a download from
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB,
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 43 kHz (0 / +0.3 dB
- Monitoring: Direct Monitor switch
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
- Computer Connectivity: USB type-B, 2.0
- Kensington Security Lock: Yes
- Power Consumption: Maximum 2.5 W
- Power Supply: USB, bus-powered from computer
- Dimensions: Width - 6.63", Height - 1.88", Depth -
- Weight: 1.2 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.