8-channel zone mixer for commercial sound systems
Our take on the Behringer ZMX8210 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Route audio signals to multiple zones
If you need to incorporate several music sources or microphones into the sound setup at a restaurant, the Behringer ZMX8210 can do the job. The mixer features six low-noise mic/line inputs and a selectable stereo input with plenty of headroom. That's 8 channels for bringing in background music, sound from a TV feed, announcements, and even live music. The unit's 4-band equalizer helps you tweak output when necessary to make everything sound top-notch.
Get a free system design
- zone mixer with remote control ports for commercial sound systems
- 6 ultra-low noise mic/line inputs with gain control
- -20 dB pad
- level/clip indicator
- 48 volt phantom power
- bus-assign switches
- 2 stereo inputs with mono/stereo switches
- channel 1 offers automatic muting for announcements
- 3 assignable outputs with individual master controls and 5-segment LED meters
- 4-band master EQ with low-cut filter for music applications
- inputs 1-6 use Euroblock Phoenix connectors
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 4.9 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 8-Channel mixer
- 5' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- Quick Start Guide
- Global Care Information
- Behringer decal
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Behringer Ultrazone ZMX8210 is a professional mic/line zone mixer for use in commercial sound systems and fixed installation applications. The mixer features 8 channels of input which can be routed to any or all of 3 output zones. The ZMX8210 can be rack mounted in 1U of rack space.
Mic/Line Inputs: The ZMX8210 features six ultra-low noise Mic/Line inputs, each with separate gain control, -20dB pad, Level/Clip LED indicators, switchable Phantom power, and bus assignment switches (Left, Right, Aux). The mic/line inputs are on Channels 1 through 6, and feature Euro-type connectors. Channel 1 has a Threshold Level control that lets you select the level at which the remaining inputs are muted. This can be used for paging or announcements, with the background music from other channels being muted when the microphone on channel 1 is spoken into.
Stereo Inputs: The two stereo inputs (on Channels 7 and 8) have RCA jacks and allow you to connect a CD/tape player or other music source. Only one of the stereo channels can be active at a time, and there is a Channel Select button to activate Channel 7 or 8. The inputs have lots of headroom to let you connect a wide variety of sources. The stereo inputs can be set to Mono, with the output going to both the Left and Right outputs.
Output Buses: The ZMX8210 has Left, Right, and Aux output buses, each with independent volume controls. You can route a stereo music signal on the Left and Right buses, or use the three buses for routing sound to different zones or rooms. The output buses are equipped with individual Euro-type connectors.
Main Section Controls: The Main output section includes 4 push-button controls:
- Mic Low Cut: The Mic Low Cut switch places a 100Hz high-pass filter on the Left and Right outputs to cut out low-frequency rumble.
- Mic Mix: The Mic Mix switch removes the signal of channels 1-6 from the remote control function. This leaves only the output volume of channels 7/8 on the Left/Right bus to be controlled by remote. If not presses, the total volume of all channels fed to the left/right bus are controlled by the remote.
- Right Mute: The Right Mute button excludes the Right bus from the Mute function. This is helpful when using the Right and Left buses for different zones.
- EQ On: The EQ on button activates the 4-band Equalizer for the left and right bus.
4-Band EQ: The master output has a 4-band EQ that lets you boost or cut by +/- 15dB the level of factory-preset frequencies. A flat blade screwdriver (not included) is needed to make the adjustments. The four EQ bands are:
- Low Band: 70 Hz and below
- Low Mid: 300 Hz
- High Mid: 3 kHz
- High: 10 kHz and above
Bus Links: Two ZMX8210s can be linked together to provide additional inputs. The three output buses (Left/Right/Aux) are linked together using the 6-pin Bus Link Euro-connector. The mute signal of the ZMX8210 designated as the "Master" is also transferred, so the mute function works on the other ZMX8210, designated as the "Slave." The ZMX8210 has a Master/Slave switch to set the designation of each unit.
Remote Control: You can control the ZMX8210 by external components connected to the Remote Control Euro-connector. You can connect a simple potentiometer to control the volume of the Left and Right buses. A push-button switch and two control diodes can be connected to remotely switch between the inputs on Channels 7 and 8.
Rack Mounting: The ZMX8210 can be mounted into a standard 19" equipment rack. The unit is 1.75" high, and will fit into 1U of rack space. The rack should provide approximately 4" of additional depth to make room for the wire connections. You should use M6 rack screws and nuts (not supplied) when rack-mounting the unit.
Warranty Terms: Behringer offers a 3-year warranty when you register your product within 90 calendar days of purchase. If the product is not properly registered, the warranty period is one year.
- Inputs 1-6:
- Type: Euro-type connectors, electronically balanced
- Impedance: 3 kΩ balanced, 1.5 kΩ unbalanced (w/pad)
- Max Input Level: + 12 dBu (w/pad)
- Max Gain: 40 dB
- Inputs 7-8:
- Type: RCA connectors, unbalanced
- Impedance: 10 kΩ unbalanced
- Max Input Level: + 15 dBu
- Max Gain: 15 dB
- Outputs (Out L, Out R, Aux):
- Type: Euro-type connectors, balanced
- Max Gain: 22 dB
- Max Gain (input/output): 62 dB (w/o pad)
- Impedance: 60Ω unbalanced, 120Ω balanced
- Max Output Level: +21 dBu unbalanced/balanced
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 87 dB @ 0 dB A-weighted
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 22 kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Distortion (THD+N): <0.05%
- Dimensions: Width 19", Height 1.735", Depth 8.25"
- Weight: approx 4.9 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
The other Behringer ZMX8210 died last night and I need music in my store. [ Justin Apr 05, 2018 ]
Corey is always very helpful. We value his recommendations. [ Zachary Jun 23, 2017 ]
Replace a broken one [ James Jun 13, 2017 ]