AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas: The NETGEAR AC1200
Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas is an incredibly fast router delivering
AC1200 WiFi and Gigabit Ethernet speeds. External antennas provide improved WiFi
coverage for larger homes. This router offers 3x faster speed than similar
802.11n and more reliable streaming for mobile phones and tablets. It delivers
the speed and reliability needed for applications such as lag-free multiple HD
video streaming, multi-player gaming, ultra-fast speed and a secure and reliable
connection to the Internet. The AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
also includes NETGEAR genie home network manager for easy installation and
home network management.
Variety of Applications: With the AC1200 Smart WiFi Router, you can
create a powerful home network for applications such as lag-free multiple HD
streaming, multi-player online gaming, ultra-fast, reliable connection to the
Internet and a secure wireless connection.
- Surf/Chat/Email: Enjoy a reliable, secure wireless connection to
the Internet for surfing the web, chatting, and email.
- HD Streaming: Optimized for a smooth, lag-free HD video streaming
experience; even for multiple devices.
- Internet Radio Music: Enjoy a fast and reliable wireless
connection for listening to music online.
- Online Gaming: Play online video games.
WiFi Technology: The NETGEAR AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External
Antennas offers ultra-fast WiFi speeds thanks to its WiFi 802.11ac chipset,
plus extended WiFi range and reliability due to its 2.4GHZ & 5GHZ dual-bands.
- Ultra-Fast WiFi Speed: The NETGEAR AC1200 Smart WiFi Router
adopts the latest WiFi 802.11ac chipset for extreme download speeds up to
300+867 Mbps (up to 300Mbps @ 2.4 GHz, 867Mbps @ 5 GHz). It is also backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices.
Next generation 802.11ac WiFi with dual band technology avoids wireless
interference and provides whole home coverage ensuring top WiFi speeds and
reliable connections. Everything you need for an ultra-fast WiFi connected
- Extended WiFi Range: The NETGEAR AC1200 Smart WiFi Router is
equipped with dual external antennas that provide WiFi connectivity
throughout your home for all your Internet-enabled devices.
- Dual-Band WiFi: Simultaneous dual band WiFi provides two separate
WiFi networks - 2.4GHz for legacy devices and 5GHz which is less interference-prone for media streaming.
Gigabit Wired: The NETGEAR AC1200 Smart WiFi Router is
fitted with five 10/100/1000 (1 WAN & 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with
auto-sensing technology. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem,
while the LAN ports are used to
connect your local network devices.
880 MHz Processor: The NETGEAR AC1200 Smart WiFi Router's 880 MHz
processor delivers high-performance connectivity. Its USB 2.0 port and 128MB Flash/128MB memory
provides future software feature
here for the latest firmware/software updates from NETGEAR.
Convenient Content Sharing: With NETGEAR, sharing across your network
is built-in and simple, anything from accessing stored photos & music to
- DLNA: Find & play your media on DLNA TVs & game consoles.
- ReadySHARE USB Access: Wirelessly access & share USB hard drives
via its one USB 2.0 port.
- ReadySHARE Printer: Wirelessly access & share a USB printer.
Simple Setup: NETGEAR makes installation and management fast & simple,
so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way. The router offers
a built-in Setup Wizard for computer setup, an Apple & Google Play app for Apple
iOS & Android setup, plus a WPS push-button setup.
- Device Install: Easy setup for iPad, tablets, smartphones &
- Setup Wizard: You can use the router's built-in Setup Wizard
for Windows & Mac to detect your
Internet settings and automatically set up the router from your computer.
- NETGEAR Genie App: Personal dashboard to monitor, control &
repair your home network from your smartphone or tablet.
- Push 'N' Connect: Easy push button WiFi connections (WPS).
- WiFi Power On/Off: Convenient power savings.
NETGEAR Genie App: The
NETGEAR Genie App makes getting the most out of your home network fun &
easy. The Genie App lets you easily monitor, connect & control your home network
from a Windows PC, Mac computer/laptop, Apple iOS device, or Android
smartphone/tablet. With the NETGEAR Genie App you can share & stream music or videos,
diagnose & repair network issues, set up parental controls & more.
High Security: Maintain the highest security across your network to
ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it's preventing
phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you
- Parental Controls: Keep your Internet browsing experience safe
and secure with free parental controls. It allows you to limit access to
certain web sites at certain times. For example no social networking or
gaming site access after dinner time.
- Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest
networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices,
ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB
hard drive with all your personal data.
- Secure WiFi Connections: Secure WiFi connections offer the
highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK security with Double firewall protection (SPI/NAT
firewall) and Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention.
LEDs: Status LEDs are located on the top of the router.
- Power: Solid Green means the router is ready, Blinking Green
means firmware is upgrading, or Off means not power is supplied to router.
- Internet: Solid Green means the Internet connection is ready,
while Off means there is not Internet connection.
- WiFi: Solid Green means the 2.4GHz WiFi radio is working,
Blinking Green, means the router is sending/receiver WiFi signal, or Off
means the 2.4GHz WiFi radio is off.
- Ethernet LAN Ports: Solid Green means a powered-on device is
connected to the Ethernet port, Blinking Green means the port is sending or
receiving signal, and Off means no device is connected to the Ethernet port.
- USB Port: Solid Green means a USB device is connected and ready,
Blinking Green means a USB device is plugged and trying to connect, while
Off means no USB device is connected.
- WPS: Blinking Green means the router is trying to connect
wirelessly via WPS, while Solid Green means the router is connected
wirelessly via WPS.
System Requirements: Make sure your home network meets the following
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP
/ 2000, Mac
OS, UNIX, or Linux.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0,
Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.