High-speed cable modem
Our take on the NETGEAR CM700 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Speed up your internet access
If you're paying your cable company for high-speed internet, you owe it to yourself to run it through a modem that can handle the job. Rental modems put a monthly charge on your bill, and they're often a couple of generations out of date. The NETGEAR CM700 can handle speeds up to 1.4 Gbps, plenty fast enough to keep you streaming 4K Ultra HD video with no hiccups.
Keep the data flowing with a super-fast router, too
For fast, reliable Wi-Fi®, consider picking up a wireless router to go along with your new modem. Your home's wireless network is only as speedy as its slowest part!
- 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels provide fast download and upload speeds
- meets DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0
- browser-based installation makes setup easy using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) supported
- features DOCSIS Quality of Service (QoS)
- CableLabs® certified to work with XFINITY® from Comcast, Spectrum, and Cox cable internet service
- use the NETGEAR genie® app to monitor, control, and repair your home network
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- internal memory: 8 MB flash and 128 MB RAM
- requires a router to generate Wi-Fi®
- one 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to a Wi-Fi® router
- coaxial input for cable internet service
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 5-1/4"W x 6-5/8"H x 1-3/4"D
- weight: 8.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why did you buy this?
Lane helped me pick out new home network gear. This modem is a great compliment to the eero system I bought. This Netgear device has more capacity than I need today but I can add devices without having to buy another router. [ Mallory Jun 16, 2018 ]