Dual-band Wi-Fi® router (R6080)
Our take on the NETGEAR AC1000 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A cost-effective router for small spaces
If you're looking for a cost-effective way to bring Wi-Fi access to a small apartment or a portion of a larger home, the NETGEAR AC1000 R6080 may just be a perfect fit. Connect it to your existing cable modem and download the free Nighthawk app to help with setup and troubleshooting, and you'll be ready to stream content and surf the internet in no time.
Simultaneous dual-band capability offers two "lanes" for traffic to flow through. External antennas provide a strong wireless signal. And there are five 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN and 1 WAN) with auto-sensing technology so you can make wired connections to streaming boxes and similar devices.
Easy to install and use
NETGEAR routers are designed for easy installation. Once you've plugged in a few cables, use the single-button Push ‘N' Connect function to connect your Wi-Fi quickly.
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers tough WPA/WPA2 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. If you have guests come to visit, there's a separate guest network that gives them safe, limited access to your network.
- 802.11ac dual-band Gigabit wireless router
- simultaneous dual band operation (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz)
- AC1000 Wi-Fi (300 Mbps + 700 Mbps)
- up to 300 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 700 Mbps on 802.11ac band
- external antennas for improved Wi-Fi coverage
- single-button Push 'N' Connect function
- schedule Wi-Fi on/off times to save energy
- free Nighthawk app helps you set up and troubleshoot your home network
- internal memory: 8 MB flash and 64 MB RAM
- five 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN and 1 WAN) with auto-sensing technology
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK)
- NAT firewall protection
- separate and secure access network for guests
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 7-1/4"W x 1-13/16"H x 5-7/16"D
- weight: 8.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee