NETGEAR Nighthawk™ X6S
AC4000 tri-band Wi-Fi® Gigabit router (R8000P)
Our take on the NETGEAR Nighthawk™ X6S by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S offers three wireless bands and up to 4 Gbps of Wi-Fi throughput.
Super-fast tri-band Wi-Fi®
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S is tri-band router, which means it's designed to provide fast, powerful Wi-Fi to a large property with little or no lagging or glitches.
How does it manage such a Herculean task? With one 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz Wi-Fi bands flowing through six powerful antennas. It can attain incredibly fast transmission speeds up to 4 Gbps, thanks in part to a 1.8GHz dual-core processor. It will have all of your devices connected simultaneously, and data moving at warp speed.
And it doesn't just work hard — it works smart, too. The Nighthawk X6S will assign each device to the Wi-Fi band where it can connect at its maximum possible speed. That means more powerful devices get in the fast lane, so all of your connected devices load and stream at top speed.
Put your USB drive to work
If you plug your USB hard drive into your Nighthawk Wi-Fi router, you'll open up the door to NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD® USB Access. That means wherever you are, you'll be able to access your connected USB storage device, so you can keep large files like photos and videos at home, then see and share them when you're out and about without taking up precious space on your mobile device. The router can also perform regularly scheduled backups to the connected drive, so your important data stays current and safe.
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers tough WPA/WPA2 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. This router also offers double firewall protection and a stiff defense against denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. If you have young ones in the house, use the router's parental controls to filter out content you don't want them to see. If you're one of the growing number of people who occasionally works from home, the Nighthawk offers a strong, secure VPN connection as well.
Easy to install and use
NETGEAR routers are designed for easy installation. Once you've plugged in a few cables, use the single-button Push ‘N' Connect function to configure your system quickly. The NETGEAR Nighthawk® app can help you set up, monitor, and troubleshoot your network from a convenient personal dashboard. The router even responds to voice commands via Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
- 802.11ac tri-band Gigabit wireless router
- simultaneous triple-band operation (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz x 2) delivers more Wi-Fi for more devices
- 6 high-performance antennas and 3 offload processors provide excellent wireless coverage for large properties
- AC3200 Wi-Fi (750 + 1625 + 1625 Mbps)
- up to 750 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 1625 Mbps on first 802.11ac band
- up to 1625 Mbps on second 802.11ac band
- powerful 1.8 GHz 64-bit dual-core processor
- voice control via Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- single-button Push 'N' Connect function
- MU-MIMO connects more Wi-Fi devices at once for faster performance
- DLNA compliant for easy content sharing
- NETGEAR Nighthawk® app helps you set up, monitor, and troubleshoot your home network
- 128 MB flash and 512 MB RAM internal memory
- Smart Connect intelligently selects the fastest Wi-Fi band for each device
- bandwidth can be prioritized for online gaming, streaming videos, or high-res music
- Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- Airtime fairness prevents network lag when slower devices connect
- ReadyCLOUD® USB Access allows secure remote access to USB storage
- five 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN and 1 WAN) with auto-sensing technology
- port aggregation lets you combine two Ethernet ports to improve file transfer speed
- one USB 3.0 port
- one USB 2.0 port
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK)
- double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention
- VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters
- ReadySHARE® Vault backup for Windows® PC included
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 11-11/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-15/16"D
- weight: 2.43 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee