NETGEAR Orbi AC2200 Tri-band Wi-Fi® System (RBK30)
High-performance wireless router with compact satellite signal booster
Our take on the NETGEAR Orbi AC2200 Tri-band Wi-Fi® System (RBK30) by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The primary Orbi router module offers strong, fast Wi-Fi and plenty of wired connections.
Right size your Orbi network
When NETGEAR announced their flagship Orbi Tri-band Wi-Fi System, we were impressed with the incredible range each full-sized module had to offer. NETGEAR realizes that some of us need something a bit more modest. Meet the RBK30 router kit, with a full-sized Orbi module that sits next to your modem, and a compact satellite that plugs into any standard wall outlet.
Used together, the modules can cover up to 3,500 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi. And the router and satellite use a single Wi-Fi name (SSID), so you experience seamless connectivity as you roam throughout the house.
If the router is in a corner of the house, plug the satellite in any area where the signal gets weak. Soon, you'll be watching, listening, and browsing at high speed in every room.
No need to pore over old-fashioned paper instruction booklets. Just plug the Orbi router into your existing high-speed modem and use the free NETGEAR Orbi app — available for Apple® and Android™ devices — to set up the network. You'll be enjoying speedy streaming and internet access shortly.
And it's nice to look at
Routers and modems can be so boxy, right? NETGEAR designed the Orbi modules with stylish looks that help them blend into your home's decor. The router sports a sleek, rounded, upright design that's not intrusive or clunky. And the satellite module plugs into a wall socket, so it's truly out of sight, out of mind.
- Orbi router with satellite booster covers up to 3,500 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi®
- preconfigured for fast, easy setup with your existing network
- router and satellite use a single Wi-Fi name (SSID) for seamless operation with all your devices, anywhere in your home
- 4 amplified, high-performance internal antennas
- Ethernet ports for wired connections (10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit)
- router has 1 WAN port for your modem and 3 LAN ports for your downstream devices
- free NETGEAR Orbi app available for Apple® and Android™ devices
- AC2200 Wi-Fi (400 + 867 + 867 Mbps)
- up to 400 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 867 Mbps on first 802.11ac band
- up to 867 Mbps on second 802.11ac band
- powerful quad-core 710MHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- router module: 4GB flash memory and 512MB RAM
- satellite module: 256MB flash and 256MB RAM
- beamforming boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- 78" Ethernet cable included
- 6-11/16"W x 8-15/16"H x 3-1/8"D
- weight: 1.96 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Orbi router (ORBI13)
- Orbi satellite (RBW30)
- AC power adapter (attached 6' DC cord)
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Orbi High Performance WiFi System: The Orbi high-performance AC2200 (RBK30) Tri-band WiFi System creates dedicated high-speed WiFi connections to your Internet service. The Orbi system includes a tabletop router and a wall-plug satellite. The router connects to your modem or gateway. The satellite extends the WiFi signal throughout your home.
Whole-Home Coverage: One Orbi system (router and one satellite) can cover up to 3,500 square feet, which meets the needs of many smaller to medium sized US homes. In addition, NETGEAR offers add-on satellites (sold separately) to blanket even larger areas with tri-band WiFi that uses one network name and password.
ISP Compatibility: Unlike some WiFi systems, Orbi works with your existing gateway or modem and Internet service provider right out of the box. You won't need to change your current equipment to use the Orbi WiFi Home System. Orbi uses a single WiFi name (SSID) and with just a couple of clicks, your secure WiFi network will be ready in no time.
- If your gateway or modem has router functionality, when you set up the Orbi network, choose AP mode and turn off your existing gateway or modem's WiFi to improve performance.
- If your gateway or modem does not have router functionality, when you set up the Orbi network, select router mode and turn off your existing gateway or modem's WiFi to improve performance.
Note: After your existing WiFi is disabled, you can use that WiFi network name for your Orbi network.
One Network Name: Orbi provides a single WiFi network for your entire house. With Orbi, you have one network name and password, and you don't need to change networks as you move around your home. In contrast, extenders work by repeating the WiFi signal of your router to other parts of your house. As a result, with an extender, you have two different WiFi networks to connect to - one for your router and another for your range extender. That means you need to reconnect based on where you are in your home. Orbi creates a single high speed network that gives your entire home complete coverage. Orbi dynamically optimizes your connections for you without having to reconnect.
Tri-Band WiFi: Orbi uses tri-band WiFi to keep your Internet running at maximum speeds, no matter how many devices connect. The tri-band WiFi that powers Orbi includes a dedicated 866Mbps 5GHz band solely for extending Internet speeds to Orbi satellites. This enables the other two WiFi bands to be dedicated to all connected devices across an entire home. Tri-band WiFi ensures that your Orbi WiFi System provides both reliable WiFi coverage and maximum Internet speed throughout your home.
- up to 400 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 866 Mbps on first 802.11ac band
- up to 866 Mbps on second 802.11ac band
Note: In contrast, range extenders do not offer tri-band WiFi. Extenders increase the range of your router by receiving and retransmitting your data using the same radio and channel, essentially transmitting your data twice. Retransmission can reduce by half the data available to you in the far corners of a large home. While extenders are a simple and cost-effective way to boost router signals, the lower data rate and second network are less effective for large homes with high-data users.
802.11ac: NETGEAR's Orbi features a WiFi 802.11ac chipset for fast download speeds. It is also backward compatible with 802.11 b/g/n devices. Next generation 802.11ac WiFi (2.4GHz/5GHz) avoids wireless interference and provides whole home coverage ensuring top WiFi speeds and reliable connections.
4 Amplified Antennas: Four high-performance antennas with high-powered amplifiers provide extremely reliable WiFi connectivity throughout larger homes for all your Internet-enabled devices.
Advanced WiFi Technologies: With features like MU-MIMO, WMM QoS, & Beamforming, you get enhanced speed and increased reliability so you can roam freely throughout your home without fear of slow or dropped connections.
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): Using Multi-User MIMO technology, the NETGEAR router can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
- WMM QoS: WMM QoS prioritizes WiFi data packets from different applications based on four access categories - voice, video, best effort, and background.
- Beamforming: Beamforming boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz band. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
UPnP: Universal Plug N Play (UPnP) helps devices, such as Internet appliances and computers, access the network and connect to other devices as needed. UPnP devices can automatically discover the services from other registered UPnP devices on the network
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The NETGEAR Orbi router is fitted with four10/100/1000 (1 WAN & 3 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices. The Orbi satellite is also fitted with 3 Ethernet LAN ports to connect home networking equipment, such as a NAS storage system, TV, gaming console, etc..
NETGEAR Genie App: For advanced configuration and management, the NETGEAR Genie App for Apple iOS 7.0+ (iPod touch/iPhone)/Apple iOS 7.0+ (iPhone) , Android OS 2.3+, Windows PC (Vista-up) and Mac (OS 10.6-up) may be used. The Genie App lets you easily monitor, connect & control your home network from a Windows PC, Mac computer/laptop, Apple iOS device, or Android smartphone/tablet. Easily manage router features like Live Parental Controls, Internet traffic meter, speed test, and more.
Alexa Commands: When you enable your NETGEAR router to work with Alexa, you can use voice commands to configure your router's settings. You can also ask Alexa to send your network credentials to your Alexa app, which makes accessing your credentials more convenient while still keeping your information secure. The following Alex commands are supported -
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable the guest network
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to disable the guest network
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to reboot my router
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to send me my WiFi settings
- Before you enable your NETGEAR router to work with Alexa, you must download the NETGEAR genie app, create a remote access account, and register your router with your remote access account.
- There are two ways to enable your NETGEAR router to work with Amazon Alexa. You can use the command "Alexa, enable the NETGEAR skill," or you can manually link the NETGEAR skill to your Alexa app.
Parental Controls: After you set up and enable parental controls, you can change the web filtering level for each device on the network through the network map page on the genie app. You can use access control to block access to your network. You can use keywords to block certain Internet sites from your network, or you can block specific Internet services on your network based on the type of service. You can block these sites all the time or based on a schedule. You can exempt one trusted computer from blocking. The router can email you its logs of router activity. The log records router activity and security events such as attempts to access blocked sites or services.
Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive with all your personal data.
Internet Setup Wizard & Web Browser: You can use the Setup Wizard to detect your Internet settings and automatically set up the Orbi router. Or, you can use a web browser (orbilogin.com) to access the Orbi router and set up the router manually.
Placement: The Orbi router should be positioned near your modem, while the Orbi satellite mounts directly to an AC wall outlet in the middle of your home. If you are using more than one Orbi satellite, place the Orbi router in the middle of your home with the satellites placed in separate locations.
Firmware Updates: Click here for the latest firmware updates.
Our Product Research Team
Why did you buy this?
a helpful representative helped me but I couldn't give her credit as I couldn't remember her name. [ SUE E Sep 06, 2017 ]
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
$349.99Add to Cart
Extended Wi-Fi range
The NETGEAR Orbi AC2200 Tri-band Wi-Fi® System (RBK40) offers these features:
covers up to 4,000 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi®
two more built-in, high-powered amplified antennas