Philips Hue 2.0 A19 White Ambiance Bulbs
Two-pack of smart bulbs for your Hue lighting system
Our take on the Philips Hue 2.0 A19 White Ambiance Bulbs by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Smarten up your home lighting
Why do we call these smart bulbs? For one thing, they're app-controlled, so you can use your smartphone or tablet to dim lights or turn them off and on. They seem even smarter when you realize how energy-efficient they are — each bulb lasts approximately 25,000 hours, so you can go years without having to replace one. This two-pack will get you up and running in no time.
Adjustable lighting for any time of day
Hue bulbs offer a wide range of adjustable white light. Choose a comforting, warm yellow light in the evening as you wind down. Then, when you need energy to get going in the morning, shift into motivating, bright white light. You can even customize it anywhere in-between to suit your needs.
Part of an expandable Hue system
You can have up to 50 bulbs in your Hue smart lighting system. Mix and match the white bulbs along with other Philips Hue smart lighting products to customize your personal lighting system.
If you don't have a mobile device handy, pick up a Philips Hue Tap wireless remote control. This battery-free remote is powered by motion, and is a super-cool way to show off your smart lighting system.
- two smart LED light bulbs for Philips Hue systems
- bulb can be controlled through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™ (requires Philips Hue Bridge)
- standard A19 bulb fits most common light fixtures
- uses your existing light fixture — simply replace the bulb
- produces high-quality white light
- adjustable brightness up to 800 lumens
- adjustable color temperature up to 6500K
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- rated at 9.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- approximately 25,000 hours of use
- compatible with:
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Single A19 white ambiance light bulbs
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: This 2-pack of Philips Hue LED white ambiance bulbs can be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system. The bulb is not a standalone item, and must be combined with other Hue products, such as one of the Starter Kits, which includes the wireless bridge. The free Philips Hue app lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Up to 50 Hue products can be added to the system, and controlled by a single bridge.
Light Bulb Specifications: The Hue LED white ambiance bulb can be used in most standard light sockets (Edison screw base). It has an A19 form factor, and is 2.4" at widest point and 4.3" tall. The bulb is rated at 10.5 watts, and has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulbs have a beam angle of 160° (±20°), and instant 100% light output at startup. The White Ambiance bulbs can create over 50,000 shades of white, from warm (2200K) to cool daylight (6500K). The bulb has an 800 lumen output @ 4000K.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet within an existing wireless network. Through the Hue app, and other Hue-compatible products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps required.)
Friends of Hue: Philips Hue home lighting products work with many third-party devices to make it simpler to operate. Philips Hue works with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit, allowing you to control your lights with your voice. The lights also work with some Logitech Harmony remote controls, Samsung SmartThings, and Nest Thermostats and other products. In addition, Philips Hue lighting products can be triggered by certain events through the IFTTT (If This Then That) app.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.