Philips GU10 Hue White and Color Ambiance Bulb
Smart LED light bulb for 220-volt systems
Our take on the Philips GU10 Hue White and Color Ambiance Bulb by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Use Siri to turn on your Philips Hue smart lights.
Smart lighting option for 220-volt systems
The GU10 is an LED light bulb for Philips Hue smart lighting systems. This white and color ambiance bulb offers adjustable brightness and color, as well as a wide range of white light. It requires an input voltage range of 220V-240V.
"Hey Siri, turn on the porch lights!"
You use your iPhone's voice control for lots of things these days. So why not use it with your smart lighting system?
The Philips Hue GU10 bulb is Apple® HomeKit compatible, which means you can use Siri to control it. Turn your lights on and off, or change their color — all with your voice.
- white and color ambiance bulb for Philips Hue smart lighting systems
- If you don't have a starter kit, you'll need the Philips Hue Wireless Bridge
- uses your existing light fixture — simply replace the bulb
- approximately 25,000 hours of use
- compatible with:
- controlled from the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- sync your lights with movies and music for immersive experiences
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- choose from 16 million colors to match any mood or event
- adjustable brightness up to 300 lumens
- adjustable color temperature lets you choose warmer (redder) or cooler (bluer) white light
- rated at 6.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- standard GU10 bulb size
- input voltage range of 220V-240V
- compatible with IFTTT (IF This Then That) custom recipes
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- White and Color Ambiance extension bulb (GU10 spot)
Overview: This Philips Hue LED white and color ambiance bulb (GU10 Spot) can be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system. It is not a standalone item, and must be combined with other Hue products, such as one of the Starter Kits, which includes the wireless bridge. The free Philips Hue app lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Up to 50 Hue products can be added to the system, and controlled by a single bridge.
Light Bulb: The Hue LED white and color ambiance bulb (GU10 spot) can only be used in appropriate GU10 sockets. The GU10 form factor has two pins instead of a screw base like the Edison E26. The bulb is approximately 2" at its widest point and 2.8" tall. The bulb is rated at 6.5 watts, and has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light from cold to warm (2000K to 6500K), and choose from up to 16-million colors. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulbs have a beam angle of 38°, and a startup time of less than 2 seconds from AC power (less than half a second from standby). The lumen output is as follows: 300 lm @ 4000K, 210 lm @ 3000K, 145 lm @ 2000K, 230 lm @ 6500K, and greater than 46 lm/W luminous efficacy @ 4000K.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.