Screen Innovations 5 Series
Fixed-frame projector screen with Zero Edge® frame and LED backlight, Slate® black fabric (120")
Screen Innovations 5 Series - SI's Micro Texture surface (left) is 9X finer and smoother than typical screens
Screen Innovations 5 Series - The ultra-thin Zero Edge frame looks like the bezel on a flat-screen TV
Our take on the Screen Innovations 5 Series by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Zero Edge — it's like a gigantic flat-screen TV
The screen's LED light array creates a backlight effect that you can toggle on and off with the supplied remote.
The Zero Edge series is one of Screen Innovations' most popular designs ever, and it's easy to see why. With its super-skinny frame and beautifully crisp picture, it looks like an enormous flat-screen TV hanging on your wall. It even looks good with the image turned off.
For a more dramatic look, switch on the screen's LED light array. It creates a backlight effect when you're watching, or serves as cool ambient lighting when you're not. Control it from the comfort of your couch with the supplied remote.
"Man-cave" no longer necessary
The main reason you don't see more projectors in homes is that conventional projection screens require a dark room to produce a vivid, colorful picture. Screen Innovations' Slate screen material lets you enjoy an outstanding picture even in a room with some lights on.
Slate's special optical coatings reject 70% of a room's ambient light, compared to less than 10% rejection using a standard white or gray screen.
See the finest details — even with 4K
This screen features SI's proprietary Micro Texture surface that is nine times finer and smoother than conventional screen materials. That means 4K Ultra High Definition content will look pinpoint-sharp, with exceptional picture depth.
If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K projector, like one of Sony's SXRD models, this screen would make an ideal match. In fact, this material is actually rated for 8K video, so that if and when 8K projectors and content ever arrive, you'll be ready.
This black version of the Slate material has screen gain of .8, which enhances picture contrast and black levels.
This screen ships fully assembled and ready to mount on your wall. The screen should be mounted 36" to 42" from the floor.
Screen Innovations — their name says it all
Based in Austin, Texas, Screen Innovations has made it their mission to design and build screens that make it possible to enjoy the big-screen projector experience in nearly any room. They've developed special optical coatings that allow their screens to deliver exceptional picture quality even in rooms with high ambient light. Screen Innovations offers a wide range of screen sizes, materials, and frames to optimize projector systems for residential and commercial spaces.
- 120" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 105"W x 59"H
- ultra-slim Zero Edge frame is 3/8"W x 1-7/8"D
- LED backlight has 256,000 programmable color options via the included IR remote
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- Slate black material with screen gain of 0.8 improves black levels
- rejects 70% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- Micro Texture surface is 9X finer and smoother than typical screens
- optimal viewing angle range is 40° half-angle, 80° total
- screen ships pre-assembled and ready to mount on your wall
- overall dimensions: 106"W x 60"H
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Fixed projection screen (120")
- Frame assembly
- Hardware kit
- AC power supply
- Remote control
- Owner's Manual
Screen Innovations (SI): Screen Innovations (SI) is a leading manufacturer of projection screens and associated technologies for residential and commercial applications.
Screen Sizes: The Screen Innovations 5 Series Zero Edge Projection Screen is available in the following screen sizes - 100", 106", 110", 120", and 133" (measured diagonally).
16:9 Aspect Ratio: The 5 Series Fixed Projection Screen is available in the most popular aspect ratio, 16:9, which is the same as most flat-panel televisions.
4K-Rated Screen Materials: The Screen Innovations 5 Series Zero Edge Projection Screen is available in four screen materials - Pure White, Pure Gray, Slate 1.2, or Slate 0.8. These screen materials are perfect for watching 4K video content, delivering image quality that is razor sharp with perfect color and uniformity.
- Pure White: Pure White features SI's proprietary Micro Texture that is 9x finer and smoother than that of the best screen material available on the market today. This means ultra high definition (4k+) content won't be dulled by your screen material.
- Pure Gray: Pure Gray, like its brother Pure White also features SI's 9x finer and smoother texture than standard screen materials for un-matched resolution and picture clarity but in a darker color which improves black levels.
- Slate 1.2: Slate 1.2 replaces the need to settle for a substandard screen in a family room setting, by rejecting 65% of the room's ambient light vs. only <10% light rejection with a white or gray screen.
- Slate .8: The second flavor of SI's award winning Slate material, Slate .8 is black in color but reflects all colors of the spectrum.
Zero Edge Frame Style: A mere 3/8" bezel creates a more aesthetically pleasing look and allows the projection screen to to be incorporated into almost any room's decor.
LED Backlighting: LED backlighting on 5 Series Zero Edge Projection Screen can improve your viewing experience. On large screens transitions from dark to bright scenes can cause eye strain as your iris struggles to quickly open and close. Backlighting, as recommended by THX, helps to ease these transitions by providing a more consistent viewing experience. The LED backlighting offers 256,000 programmable color options via the included IR remote control.
Mounting Options: The Fixed Projection Screen mounts to the wall using the supplied mounting brackets and hardware. The screen should be mounted 36" to 42" from the floor. Your projector should be mounted evenly with the top of the screen or angled 11° above or below the top of the screen.
Limited One Year Warranty: Screen Innovations warrants its products, to the original purchaser only, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser provided they are properly operated according to Screen Innovations' instructions and are not damaged due to improper handling or treatment after shipment from the factory.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
All Screen Innovations models with a "Z" in the item/part number (including this one, item # 9545TZ1008) indicate that they ship pre-assembled. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. Hope that helps! [ Larry Feb 07, 2017 ] Staff