Screen Innovations Solo
Cordless motorized projector screen with Slate® gray fabric (100")
Our take on the Screen Innovations Solo by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A motorized screen made easy
I've often thought how cool it would be to try a motorized screen in my basement theater. But I haven't attempted it because conventional motorized screens can be tricky to install, especially the power and control cabling. So when I learned about Screen Innovations' completely cordless Solo screen, I thought, "Now you're talking!"
Screen Innovations' fully self-contained cordless Solo screen brings the projector experience to nearly any room.
A clever problem-solver for challenging rooms
The Solo is the closest thing we've seen to a universal solution for projector systems. Almost any flat, vertical surface will work, and you'll no longer need to cut into a wall or ceiling to run AC power and control cables. The screen's sleek, compact case holds the motor and the lithium battery that powers it. Once it's installed, just touch a button on the supplied RF remote and the screen silently lowers into position.
A pair of brackets are included for mounting the Solo.
SI's Slate material lets you watch with the lights on
Conventional projection screens require a dark room to produce a vivid, colorful picture. Screen Innovations' Slate screen material lets you enjoy an outstanding picture even in a room with some lights on. Slate's special optical coatings reject 65% of a room's ambient light, compared to less than 10% rejection using a standard white or gray screen.
This gunmetal gray version of the Slate material has screen gain of 1.2, which provides a slight boost in picture brightness.
See the finest details — even with 4K
This screen features SI's proprietary Micro Texture surface that is nine times finer and smoother than conventional screen materials. That means 4K Ultra High Definition content will look pinpoint-sharp, with exceptional picture depth.
If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K or 4K-compatible projector, this screen would make an ideal match. In fact, this material is actually rated for 8K video, so that if and when 8K projectors and content ever arrive, you'll be ready.
Screen Innovations — their name says it all
Based in Austin, Texas, Screen Innovations has made it their mission to design and build screens that make it possible to enjoy the big-screen projector experience in nearly any room. They offer a wide range of screen sizes, materials, and frames to optimize projector systems for residential and commercial spaces.
- 100" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 87-3/16"W x 49"H
- cordless motorized operation powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- screen can run for 2 years on a single charge; battery can be re-charged up to 500 times
- lower and raise screen with supplied RF Solo Remote
- tab-tensioned screen maintains a smooth surface
- Zero Edge design creates a sleek look and maximizes image size
- Slate® gray material with screen gain of 1.2
- rejects 65% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- optimal viewing angle range is 45° half-angle, 90° total
- Micro Texture surface is 9X finer than typical screens
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- flexible, PVC-based screen material
- screen has 12" of black-drop at the top
- magnetic charging cable
- pair of wall-mount brackets
- case dimensions: 3"H x 3-1/4"D x 95-3/8"L
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee