Handheld flight controller for Typhoon drones
Our take on the Yuneec Wizard by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Compact flight controller for your Typhoon-class drone
What do you do when you need direct flight control over your Typhoon drone, but you can't keep both hands free to use the Ground Station? The Yuneec Wizard offers intuitive remote control functionality in a compact handheld device. Taking a cue from the video game industry, the Wizard offers point-to-fly technology — the angle at which you hold the remote gives you sophisticated steering options. Clearly marked buttons on the Wizard allow you to power on, start the motors, steer the craft, and point the camera.
A compact Watch Me/Follow Me sensor
When you first use your Typhoon's Watch Me and Follow Me modes, the aircraft will follow the handheld Ground Station controller that comes in the box. If you find that the Ground Station is too large, heavy, or fragile to go on a planned adventure, use the Wizard as a portable wireless follow point instead. It slides easily into a pocket for jogging outings, and can be stashed safely in the included waterproof carrying case if you plan to take your drone on a kayaking trip.
- compact handheld flight controller for Yuneec Typhoon-class drones
- point-to-fly technology offers an intuitive and fun steering option
- power on, start the motors, steer the craft, and point the camera via clearly marked buttons
- height-tracking feature keeps your drone close even as you change elevation
- waterproof carrying case included
- warranty: 30 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- GPS handheld flight controller
- microUSB-to-USB cable
- Water resistant arm-strap
- User Manual
- Warning note
Typhoon Wizard GPS Flight Controller: The Yuneec Typhoon Wizard is a mini GPS tracking device that give you full one-handed flight control over select Typhoon series aerial drones and CGO series gimbal cameras. This ultra-lightweight and compact controller allows you to pilot your Typhoon series aircraft with the use of only one hand, making it even easier to capture aerial photos and videos with your CGO series gimbal camera.
Note: The recommended flying height is 33-66' (10-20m). The operating distance range of the Typhoon is 33-164' (10-50m).
Compatibility: The Typhoon Wizard GPS Flight Controller is compatible with the following Yuneec Typhoon series aerial drones & CGO series gimbal cameras.
- Typhoon Series Drones: Q500, Q500+, Q500 4K, & Black
- CGO series Gimbal Cameras: CGO2-GB, GGO2+, & CGO3
3 Flight Modes: The Yuneec Typhoon Wizard lets you select between 3 Flight Modes - Smart, Angle, or Home.
- Smart Mode: Smart Mode is typically the best mode for first-time pilots. In Smart Mode, the aircraft will always move in the direction the remote is pointed in relation to the pilot, no matter which way the front/nose is pointed. This mode is helpful for pilots that lose orientation while flying.
- Angle (Pilot) Mode: Angle (Pilot) Mode is the mode preferred by experienced RC/drone pilots because the aircraft will move in the direction the remote is pointed, relative to the front/nose of the aircraft.
- Home Mode: In Home Mode, the aircraft will fly in a straight line in the direction of the pilot's current location, and automatically land within 13-26' (4-8m) of the pilot. This can be very helpful for first-time pilots who aren't quite ready to land aircraft themselves.
Smart Features: The Yuneec Typhoon Wizard offers intelligent and intuitive flight controls.
- Point-To-Fly: Changing the angle of the Typhoon Wizard remote is equivalent to using the left or right joystick of a ST10 ground station controller. Simply point up (from 40° to 90°) and use the flight control arrows to take off and land, or control your altitude. Point front (from 0° to 40°) and use the flight control arrows to give directional instructions.
- Watch Me & Follow Me: The Follow Me flight mode ensures your Typhoon aircraft moves along with you, while the Watch Me mode tells your aircraft to follow you while always pointing the camera at you wherever you go.
- Height Tracker: The Typhoon Wizard extends the "Following Me" & "Watch Me" features from a 2 dimension to a 3 dimensional flight path matching the changes in altitude. This new height-tracking feature ensures your Typhoon aircraft follows you and the Wizard remote as your altitude changes while staying clear of obstructions.
Rechargeable Battery: The Yuneec Typhoon Wizard is powered by a built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery (3.7V/500mAh) that can last up to 3.5 hours. The battery can be recharged using the supplied microUSB-to-USB cable and a USB/AC power adapter (sold separately). Charging time is approximately 2 hours.
Note: The battery is not replaceable.
Belt Clip: An integrated belt-clip lets you attach the Wizard remote to your pants, pocket, belt, or backpack.
Water Resistant Arm-Band: A water-resistant arm-band is supplied to protect the Wizard remote from the elements when you are outdoors in the rain or near water.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.