Yuneec Typhoon H Bundle
Aerial drone with flight controller, 4K camera and rechargeable battery
From Yuneec: Typhoon H Orbit Me Mode
From Yuneec: Typhoon H Point of Interest
From Yuneec: Typhoon H Team Mode
From Yuneec: Typhoon H Watch Me/Follow Me Mode
Our take on the Yuneec Typhoon H Bundle by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Yuneec Typhoon H Bundle includes a 4K camera that lets you shoot breathtaking aerial photos and videos.
Your vehicle for beautiful aerial photos and video
The Yuneec Typhoon H Bundle has everything you need to start taking beautiful photos and video from the air.
The included 4K camera and gimbal make this a high-tech camera platform that opens up tons of options for filmmaking on a budget. The bundle includes an advanced ST16 flight controller and an extra battery so you can stay in the air longer.
Pinpoint flight control
The ST16 Personal Ground Station flight controller will make you feel like a real pilot, too. It's a sophisticated piece of hardware built around a 16-channel 2.4GHz radio control transmitter that offers a powerful Wi-Fi® link with your aircraft.
As the drone takes the camera up for a high-level view, you'll get 720p live video streaming back to the controller's high-resolution touchscreen. Control joysticks are placed for easy thumb access, and surrounded by monitoring displays, switches, and dials that offer precise, intuitive control of the Typhoon H.
Typhoon H Drone:
- six rotors let the drone fly fast and maneuver quickly
- flight time: up to 25 minutes
- maximum horizontal speed: 43.5 miles per hour
- up to 35° roll angle
- specialized flight modes:
- get your drone to follow you hands-free with Follow Me/Watch Me mode
- keep the camera revolving around you with Orbit Me mode
- have the camera orbit something or someone else with Point of Interest mode
- Journey mode keeps the camera trained on one spot as the drone flies up and away
- set a point-to-point route with Curved Cable Cam mode
- Dynamic Return to Home gets your drone back to you safely
- retractable landing gear
- rotor arms fold for easy storage
- 20-1/2"W x 18"H x 11-5/8"D
- weight: 3.4 lbs.
- shoots 4K video at 30fps, 1080p HD video at 120fps
- 12-megapixel still camera
- 360° range of motion when used with gimbal mount
- wide-angle lens offers 115° field of view
ST16 Personal Ground Station:
- 16-channel 2.4GHz radio control transmitter offers pinpoint remote control of the drone and camera
- 7" touchscreen for viewing live video and making menu choices
- view live video downlink at 720p
- range: 1 mile
- navigational alerts include sounds and vibrations
- integrated flight simulator lets you practice tricky maneuvers first
- built-in rechargeable battery
Warranty and Other Info:
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.
What's in the Box:
- Gimbal camera (installed)
- Ground Station Controller
- 10 Propellers
- Rechargeable battery
- Battery charger
- AC power supply
- 44" AC power cord
- 12V power adapter
- 5.8GHz Patch antenna
- 16GB microSD card (with full-size SD-card adapter)
- 23" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Foam case
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Start
- Team Mode instructions
- "Box Contents" card
- "Know Before You Fly" card
- "WARNING!" card
- Customer Support Card
- "Notice For Flying On A Boat" card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Typhoon H: Yuneec's Typhoon H is an advanced aerial photography and videography platform, perfect for skilled pilots and photographers alike. It offers up to 25 minutes of flight time while filming with the CGO3+ 4K-resolution camera. Settings can be freely and remotely adjusted through the ST16 Personal Ground Station Controller, an easy and intuitive remote controller which features a 7" Android-based touchscreen that displays live footage of your flight.
Hexacopter Arial Drone: The Yuneec Typhoon H is a hexacopter arial drone with six rotors. Carbon fiber is used extensively to decrease weight and increase durability. It has a maximum flying speed of 30mph (13.5m/s) in Angle Mode, 43.5mph (19.4 m/s) in Follow Me Mode and 13mph (6m/s) in Smart Mode. The Typhoon H also has a maximum climbing speed of 11mph (5m/s) and maximum descending speed of 6mph (3m/s).
- Six Rotors: The six rotors allow for the Typhoon H to have a greater overall payload. Quick release buttons make installing and removing each propeller simple and fast. High performance propellers, make the Typhoon H agile, fast and instantly responsive to commands.
- 5-Rotor Fail Safe Mode: Further, the additional two rotors create redundancy and act as a failsafe system, so if one motor fails, the Typhoon H can make a safe five-rotor flight landing.
- Retractable Landing Gear: The Typhoon H's landing gear retracts out of the way to give you a full, 360° view of the world without anything obstructing your view.
ST16 All-In-One Controller: The ST16 Ground Station Controller is an integrated transmitter, receiver and Android platform that gives you full control over Typhoon H through joystick, push-button, and touchscreen control; allowing you to easily program autonomous flight and capture stunning photos and videos. The large 7' integrated screen displays real-time footage of your flight, eliminating the need for an external device. The Android powered ST16 Ground Station Controller's 7" touchscreen displays live footage of your flight in HD 720p resolution and enables a wide variety of autonomous flight modes. The Typhoon H's effective range with the ST16 controller is up to 1 mile (1.6km).
CGO3+ Gimbal Camera: The included CGO3+ Gimbal Camera communicates wirelessly with the ST16 Ground Controller via RF (5.8GHz); up to 1 mile (1.6km). The CGO3+ has a new glass lens in the camera. Further, the 3-axis anti-vibration CGO3+ gimbal camera captures ultra-stable video and vivid still images and can be rotated in an unlimited, 360° range of motion. The CGO3+ gimbal camera features an improved 98° wide-angle fixed focus lens, and integrated video downlink module that delivers 720p real image transmission of your flight as well as the option of manual camera settings. Steady video can be captured in stunning 4K/30fps and beautiful slow motion video can be captured in 1080p/120fps. You can also take vivid 12.4 megapixel still images.
microSD Card Slot: The CGO+3 Gimbal Camera stores its still image shots and recorded video images onto a microSDHC Class 10 memory card (up to 128GB). A 16 microSD card with full-size SD-card adapter is included.
GPS Receiver: The Yuneec Typhoon H Hexacopter requires a suitable GPS signal/lock in order to start the motors and to be flown. This means it should only be operated outdoors in open areas that are free from people, vehicles and other obstructions. In order to acquire a suitable GPS signal/lock, it's critical that the GPS antenna installed in the top of Hexacopter always have a clear view of the sky (100° minimum clearance required).
Note: Loss of GPS signal/lock may result in a crash or even a "fly away".
3 Main Flight Modes: The Yuneec Typhoon H Hexacopter offers three main flight modes - Smart, Angle, or Home.
- Smart Mode: Smart Mode is typically the best mode for first-time pilots. In Smart Mode, the Hexacopter will always move in the direction the right-hand control stick is pushed relative to the pilot and no matter which way the front/nose is pointed. So if you push the stick to the left, the Hexacopter will always move to the left, regardless of the direction the nose is pointing; even if it's spinning. This mode is helpful for pilots that lose orientation while flying.
- Angle (Pilot) Mode: Angle (Pilot) Mode is the mode preferred by experienced RC/drone pilots because the Hexacopter will move in the direction the control stick is pushed relative to the front/nose of the aircraft. So if you push the right-hand stick to the left, the Hexacopter will bank toward the left side and move to the left. This means if the front/nose of Hexacopter is pointing away from you it will move to the left, but if the front/nose is pointing at you the Hexacopter will move to the right.
- Dynamic Return Home: Dynamic Return to Home allows you to move your location while in flight. Should you need to enable the Dynamic Return to Home option, the Typhoon H will return to your current location rather than from where you lifted off. Additionally, you can still pilot the Typhoon H while in Dynamic Return to Home while on its vertical descent to pinpoint the final landing location. The Typhoon H will return and land within 26' (8m) of you.
Advanced Flight Modes: The Yuneec Typhoon H also offers a variety of advanced flight mode for more unique applications.
- Orbit Me: The Typhoon H flies a circular path around you, keeping the camera trained on you the whole time.
- Point Of Interest: Select a subject and the Typhoon H will orbit that subject autonomously.
- Journey: The Typhoon H will go up and out, as far as 150', and capture the perfect aerial selfie.
- Curve Cable Cam: Easily program an invisible route for the Typhoon H to fly along. The Typhoon H will then fly between pre-set coordinates while you independently controlling camera position.
- Follow Me/Watch Me: The Follow Me flight mode ensures the Typhoon H moves along with you, while the Watch Me mode tells the Typhoon H to follow you while always pointing the camera at you wherever you go.
- Team Mode: With Team Mode, you can bind one Ground Station Controller to the Typhoon H and the optional Wizard Wand (sold separately) to the CGO3+ camera simultaneously. Capturing truly creative content is vastly more practical with cooperation between pilot and camera operator.
Geo Fences: The built-in GPS on the Typhoon H establishes a 26' (8m) diameter Smart Circle around the pilot when taking off and landing, and also creates a Geo Fence that keeps the aircraft from traveling farther than 300' (91m) from the pilot's position. Typhoon H is programmed to be FAA compliant, meaning that it does not travel higher than 400' (122m) and prevents flight in no fly zones.
Collision Avoidance: Intelligent front sonar sensors allow the Typhoon H to stop short of obstacles automatically, ensuring a more stable, safer flight. The effective range of the built-in front ultrasonic sensor is 5' (1.5m) when flying in Smart Mode and Angle Mode. The Typhoon H will operate at a slower speed with the sonar sensors on.
Rechargeable Batteries: The Yuneec Typhoon H Hexacopter is powered by lithium-polymer rechargeable battery (5400mAh) that provides up 25 minutes of flight time. The battery can be recharged using the supplied charging base and the included AC power adapter or 12V DC power adapter. It will take 2 hours to fully charge the battery. The ST-16 Ground Controller is powered by a pre-installed lithium-ion rechargeable battery (8700mAh) and can be recharged using a USB/AC power adapter (not included).
Portable & Easy Storage: Each one of the six arms folds down for unparalleled convenience and compactness. Available and sold separately, the Typhoon H backpack's ergonomic design is perfect for your travel. The ABS housing is remarkably durable and impact-resistant. The protective material of the inner container is ultra-light and completely safe for the Typhoon H.
Neckstrap & Sunshade Accessories: You can install the included neck-strap to help hold and support the ST16 Controller. You can also install the included LCD screen sunshade to help improve viewing in direct sunlight.
Graphical User Interface (GUI): You can download Yuneec's Typhoon H Graphical User Interface (GUI) software onto your Windows PC (not compatible with Mac). The Graphic User Interface (GUI) is your tool for updating the Typhoon H Hexacopter to the newest firmware. The GUI can also be used to check all the sensors that are installed on the Typhoon H; including the GPS, pressure, temperature, compass, esc, and accelerometer. The Typhoon H will need to be connected to your computer via a microUSB-to-USB cable (not included)
Firmware Updates: Click here to check for the latest firmware updates.
Warranty Note: Crash damage and "fly aways" are not covered under warranty.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.