DJI Mavic Air
Aerial drone with 4K camera and remote control (Onyx Black)
Our take on the DJI Mavic Air by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Fly into fun with the Mavic Air
DJI has packed so many fun features into the foldable, portable Mavic Air. The SmartCapture gesture-based controls on this drone are DJI's latest and most responsive to date, for easier operation than ever. QuickShots modes with evocative names like Helix, Asteroid, and Boomerang give you an easy way to add pizazz to an aerial selfie. You can dock your smartphone in the included joystick-style controller, or go hands-free and let the drone follow you in ActiveTrack mode.
Crystal-clear 4K video
The Mavic Air has a 4K camera on board, and it's the smallest DJI drone to feature a three-axis mechanical gimbal that keeps aerial video looking smooth and judder-free. It can also shoot dramatic HD video in slow motion, down to 120 frames per second.
Immersive panoramic stills
The 12-megapixel camera on the Mavic Air shoots very sharp images, but that's not all. It can also stitch multiple photos together into immersive panoramic images. You can make your panoramas horizontal or vertical, opt for a 180-degree view, or build 25 still images into an impressive 32-megapixel spherical shot.
You're in the pilot's seat
This lightweight drone gives you up to 21 minutes of flight time on a fresh battery, and can fly as fast as 42mph in Sport mode. Want to really feel like you're in the cockpit? Optional DJI Goggles (not included) offer an exhilarating first-person piloting experience.
Advanced obstacle avoidance
DJI's Spark and Mavic Pro models have strong obstacle-avoidance ability. The Mavic Air features Flight Autonomy 2.0 technology, which includes two downward-facing sensors that help the drone "see" objects that may get in the way, so it can go around them.
- quadcopter with 4K Ultra HD camera, folding controller, rechargeable intelligent flight battery, and charger
- foldable, lightweight design makes it easy to carry to your launch destination
- flight time: up to 21 minutes
- maximum speed: 42 mph (Sport mode)
- Flight Autonomy 2.0 features three-directional environment sensing for precise piloting
- dual-band Wi-Fi® allows HD video transmission from up to 2.4 miles away
- SmartCapture lets you launch and control the drone with hand gestures
- easy QuickShots selfie modes: Rocket, Dronie, Circle, Helix, Asteroid, and Boomerang
- ActiveTrack modes follow you anywhere (Trace, Profile, and Spotlight)
- dock your smartphone on the controller and use its touchscreen for navigation
- USB 3.0 Type-C port for data transfer
- 12-megapixel camera with 1/2.3" CMOS sensor
- ultra-precise 3-axis gimbal mount stabilizes camera in flight
- records 4K video at up to 30 frames per second
- 1080p, 120 fps slow-motion video
- panoramic stills: horizontal, vertical, 180°, and immersive 32-megapixel spherical
- intelligent HDR for accurate contrast in variable lighting conditions
- 8GB internal storage
- also records to optional microSD memory card (64 GB max., Speed Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required)
- built-in rechargeable battery
- folding, pocket-sized remote controller
- four pairs of propellers
- one Type-C USB communication cable
- 3 RC cables (micro USB, Apple® Lightning, Type-C USB)
- rechargeable intelligent flight battery
- battery charger