Osmo Mobile: The DJI Osmo Mobile is an advanced 3-axis
stabilizes and controls your smartphone, turning it into a smart motion camera.
Its light and ergonomic design places physical controls at your fingertips, to
form a powerful go anywhere smartphone filmmaking device.
Smartphone Compatibility: The Osmo Mobile supports smartphones
measuring from 2.3125" to 3.375" wide and up to 0.3125" thick. This covers most
phones currently available, from the iPhone SE to the iPhone 7 Plus and Android
phones of similar sizes. Please note that actual compatibility might be affected
by accessories attached to your phone. Certain form factors including side
button layout should also be considered.
Bluetooth 4.0: The Osmo Mobile utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to communicate
with your smartphone. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth with a few easy
taps in the DJI GO app. Once your smartphone is connected to the Osmo Mobile, it
will automatically connect again the next time you use the same phone.
3-Axis Gimbal with SmoothTrack Technology: Equipped with 3-axis
stabilization and SmoothTrack technology, the Osmo Mobile compensates for
natural movements and smoothes out transitions, creating seamlessly smooth
video. The 3-axis gimbal anticipates handle movement to smooth out pan and tilt
transitions, and uses SmoothTrack technology to reduce smartphone shakes from
natural arm movements.
- Pan: +/-150° (controllable);
- Roll: +/-25° (controllable);
-50° to +90° (mechanical)
- Tilt: -125° to +35°
(controllable); -140° to +50°
- Max Controllable Speed: 120°/s
Note: The gimbal is non-detachable and cannot be replaced with another
style of gimbal.
Control Buttons: Additionally, there are buttons on the front and back
of the handle that allows for finer control over the gimbal and smartphone.
- Joystick: Vertical movement tilts the camera, while horizontal
movement pans the camera. Joystick control direct can be set in the DJI Go
- Shutter Button: Press this button to take photos based on your
settings in the DJI Goo app. Hold down shutter button to capture continuous
- Record Button: Press this button once to start recording video,
and again to stop recording.
- Trigger: The Trigger button provides several different functions
- Hold down the Trigger to enable Lock Mode. The gimbal will stay in its
current position regardless of handle movement. The Osmo Mobile will return
to SmoothTrack mode once the Trigger is released.
- Quickly tap the Trigger twice to center your smartphone. You can also
position the smartphone directly by hand.
- Tap three times on the trigger to switch between your phones' front and
rear camera. Switching cameras during video recording will stop the
- Hold down the trigger and push the joystick up/down to zoom. This
function is available in the DJI Go app metering mode and when using the
phone's rear camera only (currently available on Apple iOS only).
Operation Modes: The DJI Osmo Mobile can be configured for a variety
of operating modes to suit your shooting application.
- Upright Mode: Upright mode (Landscape) can be sued without and
user input. In this mode, quickly tap the trigger twice to center mobile
- Portrait Mode: Rotate the Osmo Mobile 90 degrees to the left or
right to go from Upright Mode to Portrait mode. Active Track is disabled
when using Portrait mode.
- Underslung: Holding the Osmo Mobile upside down will cause it to
enter Underslung mode, in which the smartphone can easily capture images
from a lower position.
- Flashlight: Rotate the Osmo Mobile forward 90 degrees to go from
Upright mode to Flashlight mode. In this mode, pushing the joystick up and
down will tilt the gimbal. Pushing the joystick left and right will have no
DJI Go App: The DJI Go app for
Apple iOS 8.0+ &
Android OS 4.1+ brings ActiveTrack and Motion
Timelapse features to the Osmo Mobile, as well as lets you watch a live HD video
free from you smartphone's LCD touchscreen and even share the live video to
YouTube or Facebook. The app also allows you to configure camera and gimbal
ActiveTrack Technology: ActiveTrack technology built into the DJI GO
app allows the Osmo Mobile to automatically keep your smartphone facing you as
you move. You no longer have to choose between recording a moment or taking part
in it. Do both and share scenes from your life that people have never seen.
- ActiveTrack is available in all modes except Portrait Mode due to limited
horizontal camera field of view (FOV) when the phone is held upright. When
shooting in Portrait Mode, a subject might move out of the frame easily and
leave no time for the gimbal to adjust its orientation.
- ActiveTrack is not
compatible with certain phones (i.e. iPhone 5s and iPhone 5) due to
limitations within the phones.
Sport & Walk Modes: In Sport Mode, the gimbal follows your movements closely, while
in Walk Mode, the gimbal moves more slowly
Motion Timelapse: Motion time-lapse videos are an awe inspiring way to
show the passing of time. You used to need professional equipment and skills to
capture them but using the Osmo Mobile and your phone, making your own is as
easy as a few taps.
- Select photo capture intervals and capture duration to start recording a
time-lapse video. Tripod mode locks the gimbal motor for greater stability
and is highly recommended when shooting a time-lapse video.
- Select up to 5 camera positions to create a moving time-lapse.
Live Video Streaming: Share moments using YouTube Live inside the DJI
GO app, or stream straight to Facebook Live while using the Osmo Mobile. Every
stream you shoot will be steady and smooth, as if you have your own personal
Wall or Sport Mode: The main difference is the gimbal's speed tracking
Rechargeable Battery: The included Intelligent Battery (980mAh /
10.8Wh / 11.1V) can power the Osmo Mobile for approximately 3 to 4.5 hours. It
takes about 3 hours to fully charge the battery when charging at 1A (maximum
charging current is 2.1A). To charge the battery, connect the Osmo Mobile to a
USB power source using the included USB charging cable. The battery level
is displayed in the DJI Go app on your compatible smartphone device. The
Intelligent Battery offers features such as -
- Battery Balancing: Balances the voltage of each cell during
- Over-Current Protection: Stops charging if the charging current
is too large.
- Over-Charge Protection: Stops charging if its voltage is too
- Over-Discharge Protection: Stops discharging if its voltage is to
- Short Circuit Protection: Cuts the power supply if a short
circuit is detected.
- Temperature Control: Stops charging if the core temperature fall
below 41°F or exceeds 104°F.
DJI Rosette Mount: The DJI Rosette Mount on the side of the Osmo
Mobile's handle supports a number of accessories, including an Extension Rod, a
Tripod, and various mounts for specialized filmmaking applications. Check out
the Accessories tab for a list of compatible add-on accessory mounts.