DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Quadcopter
Aerial drone with 20-megapixel gimbal-mounted 4K camera, controller, and carrying case
Our take on the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Quadcopter by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 comes with a powerful 20-megapixel camera that shoots 4K video at up to 60 frames per second.
Smooth, dazzling 4K aerial video
The DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is an amazingly lightweight, maneuverable quadcopter that lets you see the world from its point of view. It carries a powerful 20-megapixel camera that shoots 4K video at up to 60 fps. The camera's on a steadying gimbal mount, so you can bank and turn and swoop without transmitting any judder or shake to the camera.
The 'copter responds to "tap-to-fly" commands, meaning that you can use your smartphone's touchscreen to take off, land, and navigate. Built-in GPS positioning helps your drone stay on course, and its five-direction Obstacle Sensing System helps you avoid trouble.
Adapt to your surroundings with multiple flight modes
Three flight modes let you choose which of the drone's capabilities best suit you during any given outing. For most pilots, including first-timers, Position mode offers simple flight controls with plenty of help with navigation and safety assistance. For smoother, more responsive maneuvering during a video shoot, try Attitude mode. And when you're ready to open up the throttle and go for the drone's top speed, Sport mode gives you maximum piloting control.
More fun ways to fly
The included remote controller connects with your smartphone (not included) to enable TapFly mode. Simply use your finger and the device's touchscreen to tell the 'copter where to go next.
If you'll be running, biking, skiing or otherwise occupied, go hands-free with ActiveTrack mode, and the drone will follow faithfully behind as you get your move on. If you're really new to drone piloting, a special Beginner Mode will let you learn the ropes with maximum safety protocols in place.
Draw mode lets you draw a route on the app screen for the drone to follow. And now, you can take great overhead selfies even if you're alone, using hand movements to control the camera in Gesture Mode.
- quadcopter with 20-megapixel 4K Ultra HD camera, controller, rechargeable intelligent flight battery, and charger
- titanium/magnesium core makes for a lightweight, durable, maneuverable aircraft
- flight time: up to 30 minutes
- maximum speed: 44 mph
- adapt to flight conditions with three flight modes (Position, Sport, or Attitude)
- five-direction obstacle sensing
- detects potential obstacles up to 49 feet away (disabled in Sport mode)
- FlightAutonomy positioning with GPS/GLONASS allows super-accurate navigation
- use your smartphone to navigate in TapFly mode
- drone will automatically follow a subject in ActiveTrack mode
- Draw mode lets you draw a route for the drone to follow
- control the camera with arm movements in Gesture Mode
- weight: 3.04 lbs.
- 20-megapixel camera with 1" CMOS sensor
- records 4K video at up to 60 frames per second (Full HD at up to 120 fps)
- f/2.8 wide-angle lens
- 3-axis gimbal mount stabilizes camera in flight
- wide, 94° field of view
- Burst mode: up to 14 fps
- fast shutter speeds down to 1/8000 sec.
- ISO range: 100-12800
- navigational alerts include sounds and vibrations
- records to optional microSD memory card (64GB maximum capacity)
- built-in rechargeable battery
Included Accessories and Warranty:
- portable remote controller with 4.3 mile transmission range
- OcuSync HD live view transmission (720p @ 30 fps)
- rechargeable intelligent flight battery
- micro USB cable
- battery charger
- carrying case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.