Mini quadcopter with HD camera
Our take on the DJI Tello by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The DJI Tello helps you learn to fly like a pro in no time (controller not included).
An easy, affordable entry point for aerial fun
Flying a drone is fun. But maybe you're like me, and you want to "get your feet wet" before you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on an advanced drone. The DJI Tello is a cost-effective entry-level quadcopter that lets you and your family get familiar with standard controls and equipment while you have the time of your life zipping around the sky.
Launch, fly, and land easily
The Tello quadcopter couldn't be easier to launch: when it's active, all you have to do is toss it in the air and it starts hovering. Install the free DJI Tello app on your smartphone, and you can slide your finger on the screen to learn the drone's basic flight characteristics, or cause it to perform fun flips and other advanced aerial maneuvers. Then, just tap the screen to bring the 'copter gently back down to earth.
DJI had safety in mind when they designed the Tello. Included propeller guards protect fingers and faces against accidents, and a built-in collision detection system helps keep the drone from crashing while you're learning the controls. There's also a low battery warning, precise vision positioning system, and a fail-safe that lands the drone safely even if your remote control loses connection.
Convenient app and basic coding options
DJI combines fun and education in the free app, which features a user-friendly interface and handy instructions to help you get started. Tello is also compatible with Scratch, a simple coding system developed by MIT that lets kids and adults alike learn how to write custom programs for drones.
- mini remote-controlled flying drone with HD video camera
- built-in camera takes 5-megapixel stills and shoots 720p video
- electronic image stabilization keeps your video and stills looking sharp
- EZ Shots lets you record short videos using Circle, 360, and Up and Away modes
- 13 minutes of flight time with included rechargeable battery
- throw and go: toss Tello in the air to launch
- slide a finger on your mobile device screen to perform cool aerial stunts
- bounce mode: Tello flies up and down from your open palm
- obstacle-sensing technology helps avoid collisions
- low battery indicator
- lands safely and automatically if you lose remote control connection
- two antennas with smart switching for stable video transmission
- transmits clear 720p video from over 300 feet away
- compatible with Scratch custom programming
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
1 question already asked
The DJI Tello drone is a great option for first-time drone owners, including children. It includes safety features such as propeller guards (to protect fingers and faces against accidents), and a built-in collision detection system that helps keep the drone from crashing while you're learning the controls. For more details or to discuss further, please feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Thanks! :) [ Larry Apr 17, 2018 ] Staff