12" powered subwoofer — 1,300W peak
Our take on the Electro-Voice ELX200-12SP by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Powerful bass maker
Electro-Voice's ELX200-12SP powered subwoofer will deliver plenty of powerful bass to get the party, theater, or nightclub up dancing. The 12" woofer can blast out sound levels up to 129 dB, thanks to the built-in 1200-watt Class D amplifier. The ported wooden enclosure helps keep bass notes sounding clear and mellow, never bone-rattling out of control.
EV's QuickSmart DSP processing
Onboard signal processing includes selectable low-pass filters, application modes (Music, Live, Club), and a limiter to keep the components safe at high levels. A Sub/Top System Match feature optimizes this subwoofer's performance when paired with a PA speaker like EV's ELX200-10P, ELX200-12P, or ELX200-15P. You can control and monitor the sub's processing wirelessly using EV's QuickSmart Mobile app and your compatible Bluetooth device.
EV ELX200-SP connection and control panel
- powered PA subwoofer
- 12" EVS-12L woofer
- 1200-watt Class D amplifier
- maximum output level: 129 dB SPL
- frequency response: 49-135 Hz (-3 dB)
- LCD screen and selection knob
- 3 mode presets: Music, Live, Club
- sub/top system-match
- selectable low-pass filter (80, 100, 120, or 150 Hz)
- limiter status monitor
- 5 user-programmable presets can be stored and recalled
- control and monitor processing via EV QuickSmart Mobile app and your compatible Bluetooth device
- 2 XLR/TRS inputs
- 2 XLR outputs
- threaded socket for a speaker pole mount
- 5/8" plywood enclosure with EVCoat finish
- dimensions: 17-1/2"W x 15-15/16"H x 20"D
- weight: 42.1 pounds
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 10.0' Power cord (3-pin IEC)
- Installation manual
- Safety and warnings booklet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||41-165|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1200|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/TRS|
Overview: The ELX200-12SP is a 12" powered subwoofer for both portable and installed applications. It features a highly efficient Class-D power amplifier that can deliver up to 1200 watts of power with a maximum SPL of 129 dB. The enclosure is lightweight and compact, with two carry handles for portability, and includes an integrated M20 threaded pole-mount plate to use in conjunction with a full-range speaker. The ELX200 includes built-in QuickSmart DSP which allows easy setup via three presets (Live, Music, Club), sub/top system crossover settings, visual monitoring of limiter status, input level meters with control, and master volume control, all of which can be stored and recalled with five user-programmable presets.
QuickSmart DSP: EV's proprietary QuickSmart DSP offers a lot flexibility and ease of setup using either the rear-panel LCD and control dial or the QuickSmart DSP app on a Bluetooth enabled device. DSP options include:
- Mode: Allows selection of one of the three pre-configured presets: Music (default), Live, and Club.
- Low Pass: Contains the low-pass filter cutoff points with options for 80, 100 (default), 120, and 150 Hz. There are an additional ten crossover choices designed for specific models of EV speakers when used in conjunction with the subwoofer.
- LED: This option determines if/when the front panel LED will light. Options are On, Off, and Limit. With this option the LED will light when the built-in limiter activates.
- Display: The Display menu has three settings: Dim - determines if the display will dim after being idle for two minutes, Brightness, and Contrast.
- Store/Recall: These two options allow the subwoofer's settings to be stored and recalled with 5 memory "slots" available.
- Lock: The Lock option keeps the settings from inadvertently being changed.
- Control App: This setting needs to be turned on if using EV's QuickSmart DSP app.
- Reset: This option will restore all of the settings to the default selection.
- Info: Shows product name and current firmware version.
QuickSmart Mobile App: EV's QuickSmart app allows you to quickly and wirelessly configure, control, and monitor up to six ELX200 loudspeakers simultaneously as well as receive critical information during a performance via a Bluetooth connection. The controlling device must be Bluetooth enabled to use the QuickSmart app.
Construction: The subwoofer enclosure is made of durable 15 mm plywood that's coated in EV's black "EVCoat" for added weather and scuff resistance, along with an 18 AWG steel, black powder-coated protective grill. The top section houses an M20 threaded pole-mount for use with an additional speaker.
Rear Panel: The ELX200 has two inputs, each having a female combination XLR/1/4" jack, as well as two male XLR output jacks to pass a crossed-over signal out to additional powered speakers. The rear panel also has the LCD for the QuickSmart DSP menu along with a rotary dial that acts as a main volume control or, when pushed, will navigate through the menus. The ON/Off switch and IEC 3-pin power socket are located in this section as well. The ELX200's built-in universal power supply allows the subwoofer to be used around the world without the need for an external converter.
- Power Rating: 1200 W
- Maximum SPL: 129 dB
- Frequency Response:
- 41 Hz - 165 Hz (@ -10 dB)
- 49 Hz - 135 Hz (@ -3 dB)
- Low-Pass Frequency: Adjustable - 80 Hz, 100 Hz (default), 120 Hz, and 150 Hz with ten additional speaker-specific options.
- Low Frequency Transducer: EVS-12L 12 inch
- Power Consumption: 100 - 240 V, 50 - 60 Hz, 1.8 A
- Inputs: 2 XLR/1/4" TRS combo jacks
- Outputs: 2 XLR
- Enclosure: 15 mm plywood with EVCoat
- Grill: 18 AWG steel with black powder-coat
- Pole-Mount Plate: Integrated M20 threaded socket
- Portability: Two built-in side handles
- Dimensions: Width - 17.50", Height - 15.94", Depth - 20.0"
- Weight: 42.1 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.