Electro-Voice EVID Compact Sound
Subwoofer and speaker bundle for commercial use (Black)
Our take on the Electro-Voice EVID Compact Sound by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Complete compact sound system for your business
The Electro-Voice EVID Compact Sound system is all you need to add background music to a small business or private party room. The bass module has an 8" woofer that provides the low notes, and Phoenix-style connectors make it easy to attach the four satellite speakers. Included multi-angle mounting brackets allow you to aim each speaker where it will do the most good, so everyone in the room can hear music and announcements.
- 8" subwoofer with four 2" satellite speakers for commercial use
EVID 40S Subwoofer:
- power handling: 200 watts program power
- frequency response: 42-300 Hz
- maximum SPL: 114dB
- ported, high-density wood enclosure
- high-efficiency crossover network in bass module
- convenient Phoenix-style connectors for connecting to satellites and amplifier (amplifier not included)
- built-in transformer for use with 70V commercial systems
- 8-ohm bypass for use with home stereo equipment
- mode selector for stereo or mono operation
- secure snap-on speaker grille
- 9-1/8"W x 15-3/4"H x 15-3/4"D
- 26.55 lbs.
4 EVID 2.1 Satellite Speakers:
- 2" full-range driver for mids and highs
- power handling: 30 watts program power each
- frequency response: 180-20,000 Hz
- maximum SPL: 100dB
- durable high-impact ABS enclosure
- 3-3/8"W x 4-9/16"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 1.1 lb.
Included Accessories and Warranty:
- multi-angle wall mount brackets and hex wrench tool
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 4 Satellite speakers
- 2 Subwoofer brackets
- 4 Speaker brackets
- 4 Wall-brackets
- Subwoofer cover plate (pre-installed)
- 4 Rubber feet
- Four M6 screws
- Eight M5 screws
- 4 Screw sockets
- 3 Hex-wrenches
- Engineering Data Sheet
- Installation Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||2 (4)|
|System Frequency response||42-20,000|
|Maximum SPL||100 / 114|
|Power rating||30 / 200|
|Peak Power rating||0|
Sub & Satellite System: The EVID Compact Sound Speaker System consists consists of a high performance 8" subwoofer module with a crossover network to support the included four 2" satellite speakers. The system is designed to provide exceptional background/foreground audio performance in retail spaces, restaurants, and similar environments. In addition to EV-engineered components for superior quality and reliability, the system features quick-access connections, simple wiring, and flexible mounting options. Available in black or white finish
4 Satellite Speakers: The EVID Compact Sound Speaker System includes four satellite speakers. Each satellite speaker is equipped with a 2" wide-range mid/high-frequency driver designed for broad, even coverage. Each speaker employs a rigid high-impact ABS enclosure for durability. A multi-angle compact mounting bracket system allows for a variety of speaker angles.
- Frequency Response: 180 Hz to 20,000 Hz (-10dB)
- Power Handling: 30 watts
- Sensitivity: 84 dB
- Impedance: 16Ω
- Maximum SPL: 100 dB
- Music Coverage: 100° x 100°
8" Subwoofer: The EVID Compact Sound Speaker System comes with a high-performance EV-engineered 8" subwoofer with a high-efficiency multi-mode audio crossover network. The 8" woofer is housed in a compact, high-density wood enclosure with a port for extended bass response. The subwoofer also features a secure snap-on speaker grille and quick-mount slide-on bracket system.
- Frequency Response: 42 Hz to 300 Hz
- Power Handling: 200 watts
- Sensitivity: 88 dB
- Impedance: Dual 8Ω/mono 4Ω
- Maximum SPL: 114 dB
- Music Coverage: Omnidirectional
High Power Handling: The EVID Compact Sound Speaker System's high power handling allows the system to be used in a wide variety of environments and spaces to provide high quality background or foreground music.
Stereo or Mono Mode: The EVID Compact Sound Speaker System can be configured in a Stereo or Mono mode configuration.
70V/100V or 4/8Ω Compatible: The EVID Compact Sound Speaker System incorporates a 100W multi-tap transformer for use in either 70V or 100V distributed-line systems. The system also features a 4Ω (mono) or 8Ω (stereo) bypass.
- 70V: 12.5W, 25W, 50W, 100W
- 100V: 25W, 50W, 100W
- 4Ω: mono mode
- 8Ω: stereo mode
Note: 70V/100V operation is not supported in Stereo mode.
Phoenix-Style Connectors: The EVID Compact Sound Speaker System features phoenix-style connectors on back of the subwoofer and speakers for quick wiring. The speaker wire from your amplifier plugs into the subwoofer first and then from the subwoofer out to four satellite speakers.
Mounting Options: Brackets are included for surface mounting each satellite speaker and the subwoofer.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.