Garden speaker for distributed audio systems
Our take on the Atlas GST-G by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Great-sounding speakers for your outdoor areas
Need to extend background music and important announcements to the swimming pool or patio? The Atlas GST-G speaker is designed to deliver great sound while hiding conveniently out of sight in a landscaped commercial setting. The tall base of the speaker can be buried ahead of time during landscaping work, allowing the speaker portion to be attached afterward when there's less danger of it being stolen or damaged.
This speaker isn't just convenient — it also sounds great. An 8" poly/Kevlar® woofer provides punchy bass and mids, and a 1/2" Mylar tweeter delivers crisp, clear highs. It's all weatherproof, so you don't have to worry about sudden storms, humidity, or lengthy spells of precipitation. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Get a free system design
- in-ground weatherproof outdoor speaker designed to blend into landscaped areas
- two piece design for easier installation
- handles 70 watts RMS
- frequency response: 43-20,000 Hz
- coaxial speaker with 8" poly/Kevlar® woofer and 1/2" Mylar dome tweeter
- 360° horizontal coverage angle
- multi-tap transformer for 70V systems
- 8, 16 and 32 watt taps
- 8-ohm bypass setting for use with regular home audio receivers and amps
- sensitivity: 83.5 dB
- 17-5/8" diameter x 20-7/8" high
- base weight: 6.4 lbs.
- speaker module weight: 13.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Landscape speaker head with transformer
- Speaker base
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.5|
|System Frequency response||43-20k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Atlas GST-G is a garden loudspeaker designed to blend into outdoor environments such as theme parks, hotels, or any other architecturally landscaped area. The GST-G features a coaxial 8" speaker with a polypropylene/Kevlar cone and rubber surround, 1.5" voice-coil, 21 oz. magnet, and a 1/2" Mylar dome tweeter in a downward firing configuration that won't collect dust or condensation and is protected by a triple-layer grill. It also includes a 70 volt transformer with tap settings for 8, 16, and 32 watts along with an 8Ω bypass, and has 360˚ of horizontal and 50˚ of vertical coverage area.
Construction: The GST-G's rugged construction can support up to 250 lbs. and its tall base allows it to be semi-buried or surface mounted. The two piece enclosure design allows the base section to be installed and wired during initial construction, letting the contractor install the speaker/transformer section later, minimizing the chance of the speaker getting damaged or stolen during site construction. The base also includes a dedicated mounting pad for easy conduit installation.
- Power Handling: 70 Watts RMS
- Frequency Response: 43Hz - 20kHz (+/- 7dB)
- Sensitivity (1W / 1M): 89.5 dB (Half space reference)
- Coverage Area:
- Horizontal: 360˚
- Vertical: 50˚
- Speaker: 8" Coaxial, Polypropylene/Kevlar cone with rubber surround, 1-1/2" voice coil, 21 oz. magnet, 1/2" Mylar dome tweeter
- Transformer: External switch for 8, 16, and 32 watt tap settings and 8Ω bypass
- Color: Green
- Dimensions: Diameter - 17.63", Height - 20.63"
- Head: 13.2 lbs.
- Base: 6.4 lbs.
- Total: 19.6 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.