4x2 mic/line mixer
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Atlas TSD-MIX42RT by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Paging capability and much more
Atlas Sound created their TSD-MIX42RT 4x2 mic/line mixer for systems which need paging capability, priority music override, or remote input selection with level control. You can use this mixer by itself or in conjunction with amplifiers in a wide variety of applications.
The mixer includes one mic/balanced line input via removable Phoenix-style connector and three stereo 3.5 mm inputs. You can switch on phantom power to accommodate condenser microphones. The mixer's high-quality mic preamps ensure clean and quiet operation without unwanted coloration, and you can activate a high-pass filter at 125 Hz on the mic input to minimize rumble and low-frequency feedback.
You can use the Atlas WPD-MIX42RT wall plate for remote control over this TSD-MIX42RT mixer. The wall plate features an audio source selector and a source volume control, and includes an LED indicator to show which source is selected and if if is active. When connected to the TSD-MIX42RT and the Juke Box Override, any page made through the system will override the selected source so the page can be heard clearly.
You can use the Atlas Sound AAVC-10K or WPD-VC10K decorative wall plate control to adjust the master mix bus or just inputs 1, 2, and 3. A variable output limiter protects your system by reducing clipping and distortion, especially useful when you're mixing sources with varying levels.
You'll need a power supply (sold separately) to power this mixer; multiple TSDs can be powered from one current supply depending on power requirements.
Get a free system design
- mic/line mixer
- stereo or mono configurations
- one balanced mic/line input
- three unbalanced 3.5mm stereo inputs
- high-pass filter available on mic input
- Priority Paging via contact closure or VOX trigger on Input 1
- remote level control allows use of WPD-VC10K wall plate control
- power supply sold separately
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 1.5"H x 4"W x 2.75"D
- weight: 13 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Atlas Sound TSD-MIX42RT is an ultra-compact 4 x 2 Mic/Line Mixer, designed background music applications where paging and priority music override, as well as remote input selection and level control are needed. It works well by itself, or in conjunction with an amplifier in meeting rooms, luxury suites, digital signage, or other applications. The TSD-MIX42RT requires a separate 24V power supply (sold separately).
Time Saving Devices (TSDs): The TSD-MIX42RT is part of Atlas Sound's Time Saving Devices, or TSDs, for short. TSDs utilize high quality internal components, and were designed to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions to "real world" installation problems. Atlas Sound's TSD line includes mixers, amplifiers, preamps, distribution, and control devices. All of the TSDs are housed in a compact 4" x 1.5" x 2.75" black aluminum chassis.
Priority Paging: You can accomplish Priority Paging on the TSD-MIX42RT by contact closure or VOX trigger on Input 1 that will mute the audio on Inputs 2, 3, or 4, whichever you assign. You can adjust the sensitivity of the mute circuit using the Mic VOX Sense rotary control on the rear panel.
Juke Box Override: When using the mixer for installations that require audio override sensing, you can assign Input 3 to Juke Box Override. When Input 3 receives a signal, it mutes the stereo Inputs 1 and 2. When audio is no longer present on Input 3, Inputs 1 and 2 fade back in and resume play. You can activate the Juke Box Override feature and select the mute duration at 3 seconds or 20 seconds, using the front panel Dip switches.
Inputs: The TSD-MIX42RT features three unbalanced stereo line inputs (3.5mm) and one balanced mic/line input (Phoenix style connector) with switchable 24V Phantom power (for connecting condenser microphones). The mic/line input features a high quality, low noise internal mic preamp and a 12dB/octave, 125Hz lo cut filter to eliminate rumble. Each input has a rotary level control knob to independently adjust the input signal levels.
Outputs: The TSD-MIX42RT is equipped with two balanced line outputs (left and right) with Phoenix style connectors.
Optional Wall Controller: Remote Input Selection and Level Control can be performed with the optional WPD-MIX42RT Wall Controller. You can remotely select inputs 1, 2, or 3, view which of the inputs are active, and adjust the volume from the wall controller, mounted up to 200 feet away. Eight conductors are needed to connect the wall controller to the mixer. (Cat5 cable can be used, if desired.)
Dip Switches: There are 12 Dip Switches on the front panel for configuring the mixer as you desire:
- Dip Switch #1: 24V DC Phantom Power for Input 4 (Off/On)
- Dip Switch #2: Input 4 Select (Line/Mic)
- Dip Switch #3: Low Cut Filter 125Hz (Off/On)
- Dip Switch #4: Juke Box Override for Input 3 (Off/On)
- Dip Switch #5: Juke Box Override for Input 3 Mute Hold Delay (20 sec/3 sec)
- Dip Switch #6: Input 3 Mute Receive (Off/On)
- Dip Switch #7: Input 2 Mute Receive (Off/On)
- Dip Switch #8: Input 1 Mute Receive (Off/On)
- Dip Switch #9: Outputs (Left Right Stereo/Mono)
- Dip Switch #10: Remote Level (Master/Inputs 1, 2, 3)
- Dip Switch #11: Wall Plate Activation for optional WPD-MIX42RT (Off/On)
- Dip Switch #12: Not Used
Power Requirements: The TSD-MIX42RT does not have a power cord, but requires an external power supply of at least 24V/60mA. The optional TSD-PS24V500MA is a 24-volt power supply, capable of powering multiple TSDs up to 500mA. The power supply has a 2-pin Phoenix connector which plugs directly into the back panel of the distribution amplifier. With the 24V power supply, the TSDs meet Energy Star standards for energy efficiency.
Mounting Options: There are several ways of mounting the TSD-MIX42RT. In addition, two cable retainer straps are included to help make a clean installation. Mounting methods include:
- Velcro: Self-adhesive, industrial-grade Velcro strips are included in the box for attaching the amp to virtually any flat surface.
- Brackets: Two mounting brackets are included in the box to secure the amp to a cabinet or wall.
- Rack Mount: The optional TSD-RMK rack mount panel allows you to mount up to four TSDs in a single 1U rack space.
Security Cover: A security cover is included to prevent potential damage or unwanted tampering with the front panel controls. The front panel knobs are removable to allow the installation of the security cover.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-1dB)
- THD: 0.06% (1 kHz)
- Inputs 1-3: unbalanced 3.5mm stereo; 10kΩ
- Input 4: balanced mic/line selectable
- 1.2kΩ (balanced), 600Ω (unbalanced)
- 24V DC Phantom Power available
- 125 Hz, 12 dB/octave low cut filter
- Outputs: 2 Balanced Line, Left and Right; 300Ω balanced, 150Ω unbalanced
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 85dBV (line to line), 78dBV (mic to line)
- Dimensions: Width: 4" Height: 1.5" Depth: 2.75"
- Weight: 13 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.