4x4 impedance divider/combiner
Our take on the Atlas TSD-ZDC by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Sum or divide input signals with this magic box
Atlas has been doing commercial audio installations long enough that they've created devices to solve problems you didn't even know existed. The TSD-ZDC is a versatile signal adapter that can be used in a number of ways. For instance, you can sum a line-level stereo source for playback on a mono commercial audio system, or divide a single mic-level signal into three different outputs, allwithout causing impedance problems. It's the sort of handy little gadget that'll make you wonder how you ever got along without it.
Get a free system design
- universal impedance divider/combiner for passively summing or splitting input signals
- 4 10,000-ohm stereo input/outputs
- 4 150-ohm stereo input/outputs
- RF (radio frequency) filtering on all inputs
- removable input/output connectors
- no external power required
- individual input grounds
- combine up to 3 microphones into one output
- divide a mic signal to three outputs
- sum stereo signals into a mono output
- divide a mono signal into simulated stereo
- add an additional output zone
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 4"W x 1-1/2"H x 2-1/2"D
- weight: 6 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
Overview: The Atlas Sound TSD-ZDC is an ultra-compact 4 x 4 Impedance Divider/Combiner, designed for passively summing or splitting microphone or line level signals. The TSD-ZDC requires no separate power supply.
Time Saving Devices (TSDs): The TSD-ZDC is part of Atlas Sound's Time Saving Devices, or TSDs, for short. TSDs utilize high quality internal components, and were designed to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions to "real world" installation problems. Atlas Sound's TSD line includes mixers, amplifiers, preamps, distribution, and control devices. All of the TSDs are housed in a compact 4" x 1.5" x 2.5" (or deeper) black aluminum chassis.
Audio Applications: The TSD-ZDC solves some common problems found in audio distribution. When integrating a stereo signal with a mono, single channel background music/paging system, it was necessary to either choose only one channel from the source or short the two channels together. With the TSD-ZDC, you can passively sum the two channels without shorting them. Other audio applications include:
- Combine up to 3 microphones to one output
- Divide a single microphone to 3 mic outputs
- Combine stereo signals into a mono signal
- Divide a mono line level signal into a simulated stereo signal
- Add a zone
Inputs/Outputs: The TSD-ZDC features two sets of balanced inputs/outputs--one for low impedance (150Ω) devices and one for high impedance (10KΩ) devices, used to split or combine any signal. Each set of connections can be configured as 1 In x 3 Out, 2 In x 2 Out, or 3 In x 1 Out.
Mounting Options: There are several ways of mounting the TSD-ZDC. In addition, two cable retainer straps are included to help make a clean installation. Mounting methods include:
- Velcro: Self-adhesive, industrial-grade Velcro strips are included in the box for attaching the amp to virtually any flat surface.
- Brackets: Two mounting brackets are included in the box to secure the amp to a cabinet or wall.
- Rack Mount: The optional TSD-RMK rack mount panel allows you to mount up to four TSDs in a single 1U rack space.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (-1dB)
- 150Ω Network: Quantity 4 passive balanced networks; removable 3-position Captive Screw connectors
- 10KΩ Network: Quantity 4 passive balanced networks; removable 3-position Captive Screw connectors
- Dimensions: Width: 4" Height: 1.5" Depth: 2.5"
- Weight: 6 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.