Robo 3D™ Clock DIY Kit
Customizable clock kit for Robo 3D printer
Item # 988CLOCK | MFR # 734113028896
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Robo 3D™ Clock DIY Kit by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Print and assemble a working clock
This do-it-yourself clock kit from Robo 3D gives you everything you need to print and assemble a working desk clock. Just click and drag one of several clock design files into the software of your Robo 3D printer, choose your favorite color of filament and the printer will do the rest. Panels with interesting patterns and colors are included, so you can customize your creation.
- allows you to print a working clock with your Robo 3D R1 +Plus printer (not included)
- choose your favorite configuration from the included 3D design files
- customize your creation with included design panels
- choose one or more colors from Robo's variety of optional filament spools
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Quartz clock movement
- AA battery
- Minute hand
- Hour hand
- Metal washer
- Rubber washer
- Hex nut
- Cap nut
- Instruction Manual
- Download code card
- 2 Double-sided clock face sheets
- 2 Double-sided decoration sheets
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Build Your Own Desk Clock is a 3D Print Kit for printing and assembling a working desk clock. The kit includes the quartz clock movement, AA battery, hour and minute hands, and hardware. The 3D print files for three clock designs are downloadable from the 3D Print Kit website, and can be used with the Robo 3D R1 +Plus 3D printer. The access code to unlock the file is included in the box. The printed pieces of the clock will snap together during assembly. No glue is required. Several pre-printed paper clock faces and decorations are also included.
Requirements: The Desk Clock 3D Print project requires the following:
- Computer with Internet connection
- 3D Printer
- Minimum build volume of 4"x4"x4"
- Compatible with .STL files
- PLA filament (estimated 65-190 meters, in one or more colors)
Clock Projects: You can choose from three different clock designs:
- Executive: The Executive desk clock design features several clock pieces that snap together during assembly. The pieces can be printed in one or more colors. You can choose between Modern or Classic number rings. Slots are provided in several locations to hold some of the supplied paper decorations to enhance the look. Optional accessories, such as a pen holder, may be printed and attached on an expanded base, if desired. The finished product is 4" wide, 4.5" high, and 4" deep.
- Grandfather: The Grandfather clock design features several pieces, including upper and lower body pieces, that snap together during assembly. Slots for the supplied paper decorations are provided. Modern or Classic number rings can be selected for the clock face. You can print optional accessories, such as a business card holder, to attach to the clock on an expanded base. The finished product is 4" wide, 8.5" high, and 4" deep.
- Clockwork: The Clockwork design is more advanced than the Executive or Grandfather designs. This project includes numerous intricate pieces that snap together, and paper decorations to enhance the design. Suggested accessories, such as a mobile phone cradle, can be printed and attached to the clock on an expanded base. The finished product is 4" wide, 4.5" high, and 4" deep.
Included Decorations: The 3D Print Kit includes several decorations and clock faces printed on card stock. These decorations are printed on both sides, and are perforated for easy separation. The clock faces are placed behind the clock hands and numbers, and include Executive, Grandfather, Clockwork, and Nebula. Decorations are placed in the provided slots in the printed clock chassis. Other decorations are provided for the optional accessories (pen holder, business card holder, mobile phone holder). The decoration themes include Crushed Velvet, Black Leather, Wood Paneling, Gold Dust, Inner Gears, and Gridlines.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.