Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Latch cam with wireless module for select Ford pickup trucks
Item # 989FDHF2BW | MFR # FDH-F2BW
Price Break: -$50.00
$449.99 Earn up to 450 Rewards points
Our take on the Rydeen FDH-F2BW by Crutchfield's Alexander Hrabe
The pickup backup solution
Not long ago, I helped with a backup camera installation on a pickup. Our biggest challenge was running video cable from the backup cam at the rear of the video under the truck bed and into the cab. Rydeen's innovative FDH-F2BW wireless rear-view camera system would have spared us that trouble. Using the included DG240 wireless module, this wide-angle camera sends video wirelessly to almost any video receiver or a Rydeen BM354S stand-alone monitor. You'll still need to connect power to the camera and both the transmitter and the receiver module, but you'll save yourself from worming wires the length of your truck.
The Rydeen FDH-F2BW houses a solid rear-view camera in a sturdy, functional latch handle mount. This mount replaces your Ford's existing factory latch for a seamless integration.
What's in the Box:
- Backup camera w/ tailgate handle housing (attached 3' cable)
- Wireless transmitter (attached 41" power/ground wires and 18" proprietary video cable)
- Wireless receiver (attached 41" power/ground wires and 39" composite video cable)
- 19' Power/video cable
- 58" Female-to-male composite video cable
- 8" Proprietary-to-composite video adapter cable
- RCA-to-RCA male coupler
- 2 Sections of two-side tape
- Installation/User's Manual
- "Warning" note
- weatherproof camera with wireless module
- latch camera mount compatible with select Ford trucks
- compatible with most aftermarket video receivers and monitors
- CMOS image sensor
- resolution: 480 TV lines
- 160° wide viewing angle
- minimum illumination: 0.5 Lux
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Vehicle Compatibility: The Rydeen FDH-F2BW is a wireless backup camera solution for 2015-up Ford F-150 trucks. Your truck must be equipped with an aftermarket in-dash or on-dash video monitor with a composite video camera input.
Note: This rearview camera solution is meant as a backup aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Tailgate Handle: The Rydeen FDH-F2BW's backup camera comes preinstalled in a tailgate handle housing which replaces your truck's factory tailgate handle. The tailgate handle offers a direct bolt-in installation and provides a seamless OEM look.
Backup Camera: The included backup camera utilizes a 1/4" CMOS image sensor that has an effective pixel count of 656 (h) x 488(v) and offers a resolution of 480 TV lines. The image sensor has a minimum illumination rating of 0.5Lux, so you can see what's behind your vehicle in lower light conditions (but not total darkness). The camera lens has a 160° wide viewing angle to give you greater visibility behind your vehicle when backing up. The camera's IP66 waterproof ABS-constructed housing protects it against the elements.
- Mirror or Normal Image: The backup camera provides either a mirror or normal image. By default, the camera will display a mirror image. Connect the two white wires together along the camera's attached cable to get a reverse image.
- Parking Guidelines: The backup camera provides parking guidelines on the screen of your vehicle's video monitor. These parking guidelines are there to assist you when backing up into a parking space. You can remove the parking guidelines by connecting the camera's two green wires together.
Wireless Video Kit: The supplied wireless RF kit (DG240) consists of a wireless receiver & transmitter which allows you to wirelessly send video from the FDH-F2BW's backup camera to your vehicle's monitor that is equipped with a composite video input. The wireless RF kit prevents you from having to run a video cable all the way from the backup camera to your video monitor. The wireless RF kit has a range of approximately 40' to 50'. The receiver & transmitter come with two-side adhesive tape to mount them to your vehicle. The transmitter & receiver come paired from the factory.
- RF Transmitter: The RF transmitter will be installed behind your truck's left right tail lamp. The included video cable must be run between the RF transmitter and the tailgate handle backup camera. Both the transmitter and backup camera will receive power from your truck's reverse tail lamps. The transmitter accepts video from your backup camera via the run composite video cable and wirelessly relays the video signal to the receiver and your connected monitor.
- RF Receiver: The RF receiver installs behind your truck's dash. The included composite video extension cable runs from the receiver to your truck's video monitor's composite video camera input. You will also need to wire the receiver to power & ground behind the truck's dash. The receiver wirelessly receives the video signal from the transmitter connected to the backup camera and sends the video signal to your truck's video monitor via composite video.
- Image Sensor: 1/4" CMOS
- Effective Pixels: 656 x 4800
- View Angle: 180 degrees
- Minimum Illumination: 0.5 Lux
- Video Output: 1Vp-p +/-0.2 @ 75Ω
- Waterproof Capacity: IP66
- Power Supply: DC12V (+/- 0.5V)
- Consumption Current: 65mA (+/-10)
Wireless Transmitter & Receiver
- Modulation/Demodulation Modes: 16QAM，QPSK，BPSK
- Transmission Frequencies: 2400~2483.5MHz
- Data Bandwidth: 4.4 (20dB BW)
- Transmitter Power: +14dBm@16QAM EVM 5% or +18dBm@QPSK EVM 8%
- Receiving Sensitivity: -72dBm@QAM, -85dBm@QPSK
- Average Range: 40' to 50'
- Video Output: 1Vp-p±0.2
- Power Supply: DC 12~24V
- Power Consumption: DC 12V@250mA; DC24V@150mA
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.