Custom Home Services
Whether you own or rent, your entertainment center is a big part of your home. You need to choose the right gear, but you also need to make it all work together. The A/V experts at Crutchfield will not only help you design your system, we'll also come to your place, install it, and show you how to use it.
Free delivery and installation packages
Getting there isn't always half the fun. If you've ever seen someone heading home with a new big-screen TV in the back of a pickup on a rainy day, you know what we mean. If you live near one of our stores*, we'll make sure your new gear arrives safely and gets installed properly.*Within 40 mile radius of Charlottesville or Harrisonburg
Remote control programming
Home theater has never been more amazing, but controlling those components has never been more complicated. Thankfully, you can replace that confusing pile of remotes with one sleek unit that controls your entire system. We'll help you find the right remote, program it for you, and show you how to use it.
- Web-based IR universal remote: $50 (1 hour)
- Web-based RF universal remote: $75 (1.5 hours)
- Re-program web-based universal remote: $50 (1 hour)
- Non-web-based universal remote: $50 (1 hour)
In-wall and ceiling speaker installation
Improving your sound used to mean cluttering your decor with exposed wires and big speakers. Not anymore. These days, the wires and speakers can be hidden inside the walls and painted to match the room. We'll work with you to design and install a home speaker system that blends right into your home.
- On/In-wall/Ceiling speakers (each speaker) - Surface wiring: $25 each (1/2 hour)
- On/In-wall/Ceiling speakers (each speaker) - In-wall wiring: $50 each (1 hour)
- 2.1 Systems/Soundbar (mounting) - Surface wiring: $50 each (1 hour)
- 2.1 Systems/Soundbar (mounting) - In-wall wiring: $75 (1 1/2 hours)
- 2.1 Systems/Soundbar (non-mounted) - Surface wiring: $25 (1/2 hour)
- 2.1 Systems/Soundbar (non-mounted) - In-wall wiring: $50 (1 hour)
- 5 Channel soundbar (mounted) - Surface wiring: $100 (2 hours)
- 5 Channel Soundbar (mounted) - In-wall wiring: $125 (2 1/2 hours)
- 5 Channel Soundbar (on stand, not mounted) - Surface wiring: $50 (1 hour)
- 5 Channel Soundbar (on stand, not mounted) - In-wall wiring: $75 (1 1/2 hours)
- Outdoor Speakers (each speaker): $75 (1 1/2 hours)
- Volume controls (each): $50 (each) (1 hour)
- Conduit: $20/5' piece
Home theater design and installation
Our A/V Design Group will help you create an easy-to-use entertainment system that looks — and sounds — great in your home. Whether you want to build a small, versatile entertainment system or create the ultimate high-def theater experience, we'll design and install a system that suits your needs and budget.
Pre-wiring your home
Whether you're building a new home or renovating an older one, we'll work with your builder to integrate your whole-home A/V system installation into the wiring plan and your construction schedule. You'll have the system you want on the day you move in, plus you can wrap the cost into the mortgage.
- Travel & pre/post installation work: $50 (1 hour)
- Speakers on/in-wall/in-ceiling (each speaker): $25 (1/2 hour)
- 5.1 Home theater prewire: $125 (2 1/2 hours)
- Additional speakers over 5.1 (each speaker): $25 (1/2 hour)
- A/V cable: $25 (1/2 hour)
- Volume controls: $25 (1/2 hour)
- Basic speaker wire included: $0
- Upgraded speaker wire (per foot): $0.45
- Premium speaker wire (per foot): $0.75
TV wall mounting
Hanging a flat-screen television on the wall isn't the same as hanging a family photo. You'll need expert help choosing the right size screen for the room and determining the best place to put it. Our experienced installers will make sure your new television is mounted safely and securely in your home.
- Basic*, 32" or smaller: $150 (2 hours)
- Premium**, 32" or smaller: $200 (3 hours)
- Basic*, 33" or larger: $250 (2 hours)
- Premium**, 33" or larger: $300 (3 hours)
**Premium service includes mounting TV to any non-standard drywall surface such as brick, concrete, plaster, or above a fireplace; motorized or articulating brackets, running A/V cables in wall when possible or using conduit otherwise
They arrived on time, they were prepared based on previous discussions with me, and they came to work based on seeking out my requirements. In some cases, I didn't know what I wanted-I just listened to what DA had to say and had enough confidence in what he was telling me that I signed up.
- Charles K., Keswick, VA