Car Tech Support FAQ
- Common questions
- My speakers work great on the radio tuner, but why does the sound cut out when I play another source like CD, USB, iPod or Bluetooth?
- How do I set the gain on my amp?
- I've got poor AM or FM reception with my new radio. What could be causing this?
- Installation Guides
- Car Audio Noise Suppression Guide
This guide will help you diagnose and treat problems with extraneous noise in your car audio system.
- Sub Wiring Diagrams
You can use our chart to determine how your subwoofer(s) should be connected to your amp.
- Amplifier Installation Guide
This installation guide offers examples of amplifier installation types and suggested system layouts.
- Crossover/Equalizer Installation Guide
This installation guide offers examples of crossover and equalizer (EQ) installation types and suggested system layouts.
- Component Speakers Installation Guide
This installation guide will help you decide on the best location for your new component speaker system, and will help you prepare for and complete the installation.
- Car Stereo Installation Guide
This installation guide walks you through the process of installing a new car stereo.
Have questions about your new gear? You get free Lifetime tech support for every product you purchase at Crutchfield.
Our in-house, Virginia-based Tech Support team is available 7 days a week. See hours
You’ll find our private phone number on your invoice and delivery confirmation email.
Our experts have access to detailed product and vehicle installation information. We can help with setup, troubleshooting, or everyday use.