Sony SAL1118 DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6
Ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for APS-C sensor Sony A-mount DSLR cameras
Item # 158L1118 | MFR # SAL1118
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Sony SAL1118 DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
From capturing sweeping, panoramic landscapes to taking big group shots indoors at a family gathering, you just can't beat the convenience and performance of Sony's super wide-angle SAL 1118 zoom lens. Pair it with your Sony Alpha digital SLR camera and you'll get a huge field of view and versatile shooting options. The SAL 1118 uses aspherical lens elements and ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass to ensure accurate, razor-sharp images.
- DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 ultra-wide-angle zoom lens
- compatible with APS-C sensor Sony A-mount DSLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 16.5-27mm
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lens elements
- 3 aspherical lens elements
- minimum focus distance: 9.6"
- minimum aperture: f22 (at 11mm)/f29 (at 18mm)
- lens construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
- attachment/filter diameter: 77mm
- lens is 3-5/16" in diameter, 3-3/8" long
- weight: 12.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
What's in the Box:
- SAL1118 Lens
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Lens hood
- Owners manual
- Warranty Sheet
Sony SAL1118 DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Focal Length||11-18 mm|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Product Overview: The Sony SAL1118 wide-angle lens is specially designed for the APS-size CCD image of the Sony DSLR-A100 camera. With the superior wide-angle performance and quick zoom, its 35mm-equivalent range of 16.5mm to 27mm excels at capturing fast action in close environments.
Compatibility: This lens is compatible with the Sony Alpha-series digital SLR cameras.
DT Lens Design: The DT lens design is a compact, lightweight design specifically for the APS-size CCD imager used in Sony Alpha-series cameras.
Internal Focusing System: The internal focusing system allows the internal lens elements to move, so the overall length does not have to change. This creates a lens that focuses quickly and doesn't change balance.
Aspherical Lens Elements: Three aspherical elements correct visual abnormalities more effectively across the entire zoom range, and they help reduce weight.
ED (Extra-low dispersion) Glass: Two ED glass lenses minimize flare and greatly reduce color abnormalities, giving you sharp and clear shots, even at full telephoto extension.
Circular Aperture: Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-lights shots, spot light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
Lens Hood: The included lens hood allows for better shooting in bright light. A lens hood can be used to reduce flare in bright light areas to ensure maximum image quality.
Note: When using the built-in camera flash, make sure to remove the lens hood to avoid blockage of the flash light.
Focusing: This lens can be used for auto and manual focusing. The focus signal in the viewfinder indicates the current degree of the focus.
- Type of Lens: DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 High Magnification Zoom
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Focal Length: 35mm Equivalent: 11-18mm
- Focal Length: APS: 16.5-27mm
- Angle of View: 104° - 76°
- Maximum Aperture: f/4.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/22-29
- Maximum Magnification: 0.125X
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.8 feet
- Lens Construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
- Physical Dimensions:
- Without Lens Hood or Lens Caps: Length = 3.371", Diameter = 3.271"
- With Lens Hood and Lens Caps: Length = 4.964", Diameter = 4.182"
- Weight: 12.6875 oz
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
No. This lens was made specifically for use with the APS-sized CCD imager of the Sony A100 which is not a "full-frame" model. I hope that helps! [ Ryan Nov 04, 2015 ] Staff