AKG C214 (Matched Pair)
Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphones
Our take on the AKG C214 (Matched Pair) by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Made for acoustic instruments and voices
This matched pair of AKG C214 condenser microphones is ideal for recording acoustic instruments and vocals with clarity and precision. Each mic features a large 1" diaphragm that captures subtle nuances and fast transients for lifelike sound.
A matched pair of AKG C214 XLS microphones are included.
Accurate sound reproduction
The C214 really shines when used for close-miking instruments in the studio, such as an acoustic guitar. These mics are also well-suited for use with strings and grand pianos, as well as choirs and backing vocals. Thanks to their quality construction, they have an amazingly wide dynamic range. Edge-terminated diaphragm capsules deliver richly detailed, close-up sound that makes acoustic performances come alive. Gold-plated connectors ensure accurate signal transfer.
A 20 dB attenuation switch lets the C214 handle high sound pressure levels, so you can use these mics on drum kits, guitar amps and brass instruments.
Each microphone has an all-metal die-cast body with a shock- and scratch-resistant finish. The all-metal grille is double mesh, and is dent-resistant. These microphones will hold up to years of studio use or touring. The pair come with a universal shock mount and a foam-cushioned aluminum carry case.
- matched pair of condenser microphones
- for studio acoustic instrumental and vocal close-mic recording
- selectable cardioid polar patterns
- large 1-inch diaphragm
- double mesh dent-resistant grille
- all-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
- switchable low-frequency filter
- 20 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- gold-plated connectors for optimal signal transfer
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 200 ohms
- sensitivity: -34 dBV/Pa
- max. SPL: 136 dB
- height: 6-5/16"; diameter: 2-3/16"
- weight: 10.2 oz.
- XLR connector
- requires phantom power (12 to 52V) on your mixer or audio interface
- aluminum carrying case
- 2 spider-type shock mounts
- 2 windscreens
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Frequently Compared With
AKG C214 (Matched Pair)
Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphones$899.99
Sennheiser e 614
Small-diaphragm supercardioid condenser microphone$219.99
Small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone
Sennheiser MK 4 and Shockmount Bundle
Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone with shockmount$399.99