Screen Innovations 5 Series
Fixed-frame projector screen with acoustically transparent Maestro White woven fabric (120")
Our take on the Screen Innovations 5 Series by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A screen that videophiles and audiophiles will love
In a movie theater, the illusion of reality is enhanced by having the front right, left, and center speakers positioned behind the screen. Screen Innovations' Maestro screen material can provide that same heightened realism in your home theater.
The woven fabric lets sound pass through
For audiophiles, or anyone wanting to hide speakers without harming sound quality, Maestro is a great solution. Maestro is a woven, acoustically transparent material that lets you place speakers behind the screen. Maestro's acoustic characteristics ensure outstanding audio clarity with a maximum measured variance of +2dB, -1dB from 20 to 20,000 Hz.
Maestro also delivers superior picture quality, with 4K resolution, excellent color neutrality and brightness uniformity, and wide viewing angles. This material is an excellent choice for dark environments.
5 Series screens can show even the finest details
If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K projector, like one of Sony's SXRD models, a 5 Series screen makes an ideal match. As a projector's resolution increases, the pixel size decreases. The smaller the pixel, the more chance there is that a screen's weave pattern or "grit" will dull some of the picture detail. Maestro's woven fabric was engineered to show every bit of detail in 4K images.
5 Series fixed screens feature a sturdy 3-1/2"-wide aluminum frame wrapped in non-reflective black velvet. Having black borders frame the viewing area enhances the perceived brightness and colors of on-screen images, and ensures that if your projector's image spills over the edges of the screen a tiny bit, you won't notice it.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using basic hand tools. Screen Innovations' patented EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation, and ensures an exceptionally flat, tight surface, for projecting a flawlessly smooth image. The screen should be mounted 36" to 42" from the floor.
Screen Innovations — their name says it all
Based in Austin, Texas, Screen Innovations has made it their mission to design and build screens that make it possible to enjoy the big-screen projector experience in nearly any room. They offer a wide range of screen sizes, materials, and frames to optimize projector systems for residential and commercial spaces.
- 120" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 105"W x 59"H
- woven screen material allows placement of speakers behind the screen with no loss in sound quality
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- Maestro White material with screen gain of 1.1
- optimal viewing angle range is 75° half-angle, 150° total
- flexible, PVC-based screen material
- aluminum frame is 3-1/2"W x 2"D; wrapped with anti-reflective black velvet
- screen ships unassembled; requires basic hand tools to put together
- EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation and ensures a flat, tight surface
- overall dimensions: 112"W x 66"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee