Peachtree Audio decco125 SKY
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC and Wi-Fi®
From Peachtree: Connecting the Decco 125-SKY to Wi-Fi
From Peachtree: Using the Muzo Player app with Spotify and Tidal
Our take on the Peachtree Audio decco125 SKY by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Powerful, versatile, and well-connected
Peachtree's decco125 SKY delivers rich, satisfying sound from all your music sources, digital, analog, and even wireless. At 120 watts per channel, this compact integrated amp can fill a room with clear, nuanced sound. Its high-quality built-in DAC ensures great sound from a CD player, TV, or other digital devices. When you need to listen in private, the Decco125 SKY's built-in headphone amplifier accommodates all sorts of headphones.
Wide-ranging wireless music options
Built-in Wi-Fi lets you connect the decco125 SKY to your home network so you can easily access your digital music library and stream internet radio. Support for TIDAL, Spotify®, and other popular streaming services gives you near limitless music options.
The sky's the limit
This is the first Peachtree product to work with the company's new SKY ecosystem, which will allow multi-room music streaming and control of future SKY products. SKY can even create its own wireless network to play direct from your phone when Wi-Fi isn't available. We're excited to see where Peachtree — one of our favorite audio brands — will take this exciting, up-and-coming set of features.
- 120 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at <1% THD
- built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC) for outstanding sound from digital audio sources
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, internet radio, and music streaming services
- supports direct streaming from TIDAL, Spotify®, Napster, TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio, and Sky Direct
- SKY Direct mode lets you play music directly from your mobile device when no Wi-Fi is available
- will work with other products in Peachtree's "SKY" ecosystem for wireless multi-room music
- download the free Muzo Player app to control your Peachtree Sky system with your Android™ or Apple® mobile device
- digital audio inputs: 1 USB (Type B) and 1 Toslink optical (both accept PCM-based signals up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- 1 pair RCA analog audio inputs
- phono input for connecting a turntable
- 1 pair RCA audio preamp outputs for connecting a powered subwoofer or an outboard power amplifier
- headphone output (full-size 1/4" jack)
- heavy-duty 5-way binding-post speaker connectors
- detachable power cord
- remote control with bass and treble controls
- If connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in its audio menu. This DAC cannot decode multi-channel Dolby® Digital signals
- 9-7/8"W x 3-1/2"H x 14-5/16"D
- weight: 10 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Integated amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 WiFi antennas
- 2 RCA caps
- User Manual
- Spotify Connect brochure
The MUZO App and connection instructions are both frustrating and infuriating. Nothing wireless works pet instructions. Direct connect does work. I don't think this software is ready for Prime Time.
Joe, Ft Mill, SC
Peachtree Audio decco125 SKY Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||120|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not Given|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||FLAC, WAV/PCM|
|Total Analog Inputs||1|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Traditional Peachtree Design: The front-panel of the decco125 SKY is machined out of a single piece of aluminum and designed to emulate an old car radio with a single row of buttons and a volume knob. Simply select the desired input and adjust the volume to easily enjoy all of your music. The chassis is wrapped in a beautiful real-wood cabinet that has been a calling card of Peachtree Audio since the original decco was launched over a decade ago.
High Quality Sound: The Peachtree decco125 SKY utilizes a Class D amplifier that has the ability to drive 125 watts x 2 channel into 8Ω with less than 1% THD, plus a 24-Bit/96kHz DAC for high quality sound reproduction.
Built-in WiFi: The Peachtree decco125 SKY is equipped with built-in 2.4GHz WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) in order to stream select online music services and music stored on your device to the decco125 SKY, as well as control the integrated amp from the MUZO Player app on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Make sure to connect the included antennas (there is no Ethernet port for a wired connection).
- Music Sources: Available online music services include - TIDAL, Spotify Connect (requires Spotify Premium account), TuneIn, Napster, & iHeart Radio. Subscription and purchase fees may be required. You can also access your mobile device's stored music library (music stored on the cloud cannot be accessed). You can save four stations, songs, and/or playlists as Favorites (Presets) that can accessed from the MUZO Player App or the included IR remote.
- MUZO Player App: Utilize the MUZO Player application (for Apple iOS 8.0 and Android OS 4.1) to select between online music services, navigate your mobile devices stored music library, and control playback from your compatible mobile device. The MUZO Player application also displays song/artist/album information, along with album art. The MUZO Player application can also be used control the decco125 SKY's volume and USB/Optical/AUX input selections from your compatible smartphone or tablet.
- SKY ECO System: The decco125 SKY will work with other products in Peachtree's "SKY" ecosystem (such as the Deep Blue Sky wireless speaker or another Decco125 Sky integrated amplifier ) for wireless multiroom audio; play the same music source in every room or listen to a different audio source in each room.
- SKY Direct Mode: Peachtree's SKY Direct mode even lets you play compatible online music services and music that is stored on your Apple iOS or Android device through the decco125 SKY when there is no WiFi signal available.
Digital & Analog Inputs: In addition to wireless connectivity via WiFi, the Peachtree decco125 SKY is outfitted with digital & and inputs - including USB-B, Optical, Phono, & Aux.
- USB-B Input: A USB-B input lets you connect the decco125 SKY to your Windows PC or Mac computer for playback of 2ch PCM music files with a bit-rate of 16- or 24-bit and sampling frequency of 44.1-96kHz.
- Optical Digital Input: The decco125 SKY is equipped with one optical (toslink) digital input for connecting external digital audio source such as your Blu-ray, CD player, cable/satellite box, or Apple TV. The optical digital input supports 2ch PCM audio with a bit-rate of 16- or 24-bit and sampling frequency of 44.1-96kHz (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS).
- Phono Input: The Peachtree decco125 SKY features a phono input for connection of a turntable with a moving magnet (MM) cartridge.
- Aux Input: The decco125 SKY if outfitted with a single stereo analog RCA line-level input for connecting an external audio source, such as your CD player or Tape deck.
Outputs: The Peachtree decco125 SKY features binding-post speaker outputs, along with a stereo RCA preout and a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack.
- Binding-Post Speaker Terminals: The integrated amplifier's binding-post speaker terminals are clearly marked red-positive and black-negative for proper polarity connections. The amplifier's binding-post speaker terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 10AWG), banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, and spade-lugs. Use speakers with a nominal impedance between 4-16Ω.
- Stereo Preout: A stereo RCA preout allows you to connect a powered subwoofer or an external power amplifier. The unit's speaker outputs remain active when the preouts are used. The stereo RCA preout is full-range, so if you are connecting a powered subwoofer, you'll need one with a built-in low-pass crossover.
- Headphone Jack: On the front-panel, there is a 1/4" headphone output capable of driving a wide range of headphones to enjoy music without disturbing others. The amplifier's speaker outputs and preouts are automatically muted when headphones are connected.
Front-Panel & Remote Control: Front-panel controls include a Power button, rotary volume knob, and five source buttons (USB/OPT/PHONO/AUX/WiFi). The included IR remote provides wireless operation of these same functions, plus additional functions Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Bass & Treble, and Mute.
Front-Panel LEDs: The front-panel input LEDs are used to indicate Power on/off, Source input, Volume up/down, plus Bass & Treble level. These are temporary indicators that end after a few seconds.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
4 questions already asked
I'm afraid Peachtree doesn't specify the output at 4-ohm or the DAC chip used in their decco125 SKY amplifier. For more details on that, you may want to contact Peachtree's Support directly: www.peachtreeaudio.com/support.html You can also contact a Crutchfield Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat to discuss further. [ Larry Jun 15, 2018 ] Staff
Extremely well. The Peachtree provides robust, full-bandwidth rated wattage and is also stable down to 4 Ohms. I hope that helps My bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Ryan [ Ryan May 04, 2018 ] Staff
I paired mine with a pair of floor towers (Golden Ear Triton 5s) and they work great for my needs. [ Jonathan May 02, 2018 ]
All depends on your speakers. I ran the pre-out to my Velodyne DD15 sub, then hooked up a pair of bookshelf B&W CM2s. Decent sound, only limited by the 2-way speakers. I then connected to my pair of tower B&W 803Ss. Good, punchy audio from the 120W of supplied power. I added a TEAC 400S turntable, plus a Sony C555ES CD player. All I wanted, and with the Wifi options, it does everything as asked. With its limited outputs , it does a great job. Small footprint and low power consumption, versus a Class A amp. If you want more power/output options, go for their Nova line. After the release of the Nova500 in a few months, Peachtree will be providing a WiFi add-on module, supposedly utilizing the same wireless tech as the decco125 SKY. No firm release date announced. [ Bryan May 02, 2018 ]
It does not support Airplay and will not stream directly from iTunes or Apple Music. (At least, not yet anyway). [ Ryan Jan 24, 2018 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
Peachtree Audio decco125 SKY
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC and Wi-Fi®
Stereo integrated amplifier
NAD C 368 BluOS
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
Peachtree Audio nova150
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC, optional Bluetooth®