DVD Receiver/7" Wide Screen Monitor
Our take on the Panasonic CQ-VAD7300U by Crutchfield's Matt Freeman
Jump into the wild world of mobile multimedia with Panasonic's fully-equipped VAD-7300U DVD receiver with built-in 7" monitor! Install this single-DIN unit in your dash, connect your speakers, and settle in with some Milk Duds you're in for an entertainment treat. You can choose to watch a DVD on the wide screen, tune in to local television offerings, or listen to your favorite CDs, CD-R/RWs, or MP3-encoded discs.
The motorized video monitor offers five selectable tilt angles, two horizontal positions, and a manually adjustable left/right swivel, so you're sure to get the best view possible. Four switchable aspect ratios are possible for viewing DVDs (front seat viewing only when parked). A built-in TV tuner and antenna let you check out the local weather or news.
The monitor also functions as a Graphical User Interface for system operations. Large, easy-to-read color graphics and text displays allow you to make system adjustments, choose sources, even display ID3 tag information off your MP3 files. Plus, up to five images can be imported and saved from any video source for use as the monitor's background wallpaper!
Your CDs and movie soundtracks will sound fantastic, thanks to four channels of robust MOSFET power (22 watts RMS/45 peak x 4). If that's not enough juice for you, use the three sets of preamp outputs to add component amplifiers to your speakers and subwoofers. You can create a second listening zone for your back seat passengers by using the audio/video outputs to add headphones and an additional monitor to your setup.
When music, TV, and DVD entertainment aren't enough, expand your options using the two auxiliary audio/video inputs. You can add a video game system, VCR, or camcorder any A/V source! There are also controls for a Panasonic CD changer and navigation module (in addition to the other two sets of inputs).Details:
- fully motorized, retractable 7" widescreen LCD monitor
- adjustable viewing angle
- selectable aspect ratios
- TV tuner and antenna
- super bright display with automatic dimmer
- plays DVD, CD, CD-R, and CD-RW
- plays MP3 files on CD-R and CD-RW
- CD changer controls
- 2 auxiliary audio/video inputs
- RGB input for navigation module
- audio/video output
- dual zone capable
- optical digital output
- 4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- low-pass filter
- Alphatuner V
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- dimensions (hideaway module): 9-5/8"W x 1-11/16"H x 7-7/16"D
- wireless remote
- 22 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- FM sensitivity 12 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- Display unit
- Trim ring
- YEP0FX5053 Hideaway unit
- YEFX9993009 Wireless remote
- 1 CR2025 lithium battery
- 1 Navigation audio speaker with attached 9.5' length of speaker wire (for use with future Panasonic navigation systems)
- 2 Base brackets
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 1 Metal rear support strap
- 20" Display unit wiring harness with in-line 5A fuse/noise filter and 220 ohm resistor
- 19.5' Reverse extension lead
- 9.5' Hideaway unit wiring harness with in-line 15-amp fuse and 220 ohm resistor
- 9.5' Display unit/hideaway unit connecting cord
- 9.5' Radio antenna extension cord (has a male Motorola plug on one end and a female Motorola plug on the other end)
- 22" Ground lead
- 2 TV antennas
- 2 Grounding plates
- 1 Red plastic clip connector
- 2 Mounting springs
- 2 Strips of self-adhesive Velcro tape
- 2 Pieces of double-sided self-adhesive tape
- 4 Self-adhesive antenna clamps
- 2 Self-adhesive clamps
- 4 Self-adhesive cord clamps
- 1 Round piece of double-sided self-adhesive tape
- 1 Rubber pad
- 4 Self-tapping screws (each has a flat washer)
- One 3/4" Hex bolt (has one flat washer and one lock washer)
- One 3/8" Hex bolt (has one flat washer and one lock washer)
- 1 Mounting bolt
- Two M5x6mm binding-head screws
- Four M4x3mm binding-head screws
- Four M5x6mm flat-head screws
- Four M5x8mm binding-head screws
- 1 M6 flange nut
- 4 M5 hex nuts
- 2 Plastic spacers
- 2 Circular pieces of double-sided self-adhesive tape
- 1 Cloth
- Operating Instructions (English/French/Spanish)
- Display unit "Electrical Connection" sheet (attached to the top of the Display Unit)
- Hideaway unit "Electrical Connection" sheet (attached to the top of the Hideaway Unit)
- "Mounting position" sheet
- "Customer Services Directory" sheet
- U.S. Warranty/Purchase Information Card
- Canadian warranty card
- Panasonic Customer Care Plan (additional cost extended service plan)
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||22 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
ID Code: Prior to operating this unit, you can assign a 4-digit ID code for security. Once the ID code has been set, the unit cannot be operated without entering the ID code if the main power supply is disconnected then reconnected.
Motorized Video Display: This unit is equipped with a motorized 7" widescreen LCD that serves as a video monitor and system information display.
Display Angle and Position Adjustment: You can adjust the display's angle and position for better visibility. The display slides forward and backward, allowing you to choose one of two slide positions, Front or Rear. In the Front slide position, you can choose one of 5 tilt angles. In the Rear slide position, you can choose one of 4 tilt angles. In addition, the display can be manually swiveled.
Display Adjustment: You can adjust the display's contrast, brightness, color, and tint. The display's dimmer function can be set to one of four brightness levels or Auto. When set to Auto, the display automatically adjusts its brightness according to the ambient light intensity.
Image Capture: Up to five images can be imported from TV, VTR, DVD, or Video CD for a wallpaper.
Calendar Display: The calendar display shows the current time, month, day, and year, plus a calendar graphic with the current day highlighted.
Aspect Ratio: You can choose from the following screen modes:
- Normal: displays 16:9 widescreen format pictures that fill the entire screen width, and 4:3 (conventional TV) pictures display with black bars on either side
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Just: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally only at the edges
- Zoom: expands 4:3 pictures both horizontally and vertically, filling the screen without distorting the picture but cutting off the top and bottom edges
TV Tuner: The hideaway unit has a built-in TV tuner. Using the Auto Preset Memory feature, you can automatically store up to 18 channels.
Sirius Satellite Radio: The CQ-VAD7300U can control an optional Sirius Satellite Radio tuner by Panasonic (item #133SRT100). In addition to the Sirius tuner, you will need an antenna and subscription in order to receive Sirius Satellite Radio programming.
Alphatuner V: The tuner is designed to help suppress multi-path distortion and reduce the problem of radio signal reflections in metropolitan areas. It also features increased sensitivity for weak signal areas.
MP3 Playback: This unit can play MP3 files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. Each disc should have a maximum of 8 trees, 254 folders, and 512 files.
Dual Zone Capable (Private Mode): Private Mode routes all A/V entertainment to an optional back seat monitor and headphone system, allowing front seat passengers to enjoy independent CD or radio programming.
Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: In addition to the 4V front and rear preamp outputs, this unit has a set of 4V subwoofer preamp outputs. The volume level of the subwoofer preamp outputs is adjustable from 0 to 7. In addition, these outputs have a low-pass filter that can be set to 80Hz or 120Hz.
Optical Digital Output: Using the optical digital output with an optional optical fiber cable, you can send a Dolby Digital or DTS bitstream to a compatible digital surround processor (not included).
Scan Search: When playing a DVD or Video CD, there are three fast-play speeds in both directions (1.5x, 10x, or 20x).
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you may move forward through the program being played in slow motion. Slow motion playback cannot be performed in reverse.
Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter. When playing a Video CD, you can repeat the current track.
Direct Title/Chapter Access: Using the supplied remote, you can directly access any title or chapter on a DVD.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Minimum, Standard, or Off.
- Menu Language: allows you to select the default menu language
- Subtitle Language: allows you to select the default subtitle language
- Audio Language: allows you to select the default audio language
- DVD Aspect: allows you to select 4:3 or 16:9
- Letterbox: allows you to select Pan & Scan or Letterbox
- On-screen Display: allows you to turn the on-screen display On or Off
Audio/Video Outputs: The unit has stereo RCA jacks and an RCA composite video jack that connect to an optional monitor.
Compatibility: This unit can control compatible 6-disc and 8-disc Panasonic CD changers.
Multiple Changer Control: Using the optional CA-CD55 dual changer adapter, you can control two compatible Panasonic changers with this head unit.
YEFX9993009 Remote Control: The supplied remote controls all functions of this unit, including display position adjustment and DVD menu navigation.
Hideaway Unit Front Panel:
- Ground: 0.250" male spade terminal for use with supplied ground lead
- Power Supply: 16-pin male jack for use with supplied hideaway unit wiring harness
- To Display Unit: 20-pin jack that connects to the display unit using the supplied display unit/hideaway unit connecting cord
- TV Antenna In: 4 mini-jacks for use with supplied TV antennas
- Radio Antenna In: female Motorola jack for use with supplied radio antenna extension cord
Hideaway Unit Rear Panel:
- CD C-In: stereo RCA jacks and 8-pin female jack that connect to a compatible Panasonic CD changer
- VTR1 In: stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- VTR2 In: stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Video Out: stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Front Pre-out: stereo RCA jacks
- Rear Pre-out: stereo RCA jacks
- Subwoofer Pre-out: two RCA jacks (mono)
- Hideaway Unit: W=9.611", H=1.675", D=7.404"
Navigation Speaker: The supplied navigation speaker will output audio from an optional navigation system when the navigation system is connected to this unit.
Note: Currently, a Panasonic navigation system is not available in the United States.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.