Mobile Fidelity Super HeavyWeight
Stabilizing turntable weight
Mobile Fidelity Super HeavyWeight - Shown in action with a Mo-Fi turntable and record (neither one included)
Our take on the Mobile Fidelity Super HeavyWeight by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A little extra weight in the right place for your records
When you're playing your favorite records, you want to do anything you can to get optimum sound. This stabilizing weight goes over the spindle after you put the vinyl down, and helps dampen internal resonance, reduces wow and flutter, and keeps the record from slipping.
- stabilizing weight helps you get the best sound out of your favorite records
- soft polymer underside with machined aluminum outer shell
- weight: 367.4 grams (13 ounces)
- 3" diameter x 1-3/8" height
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Record weight
- Drawstring pouch
Good product to dampen & hold vinyl more securely. weight is not a problem for potential cause of excessive wear on motor/belt.
James, San Antonio, TX
Mobile Fidelity Super HeavyWeight Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Super HeavyWeight: The Super HeavyWeight was designed with the assistance of MoFi Electronics' good friend, Mike Latvis, of Harmonic Resolution Systems (HRS). The device uses Latvis' proprietary polymer material, renowned for its exceptional noise-absorption characteristics. In addition to coupling the record to the platter, Super HeavyWeight significantly reduces noise - specifically, record groove, motor, and bearing noise. Listeners will hear more music due to resultant blacker backgrounds, increased inner detail, improved clarity, enhanced micro-dynamics, and greater bass impact.
- Construction: The outer-shell is comprised of billet-machined 6061 aluminum for an easy grip. The underside is made from a soft polymer that ensure damage-free operation with LPs.
- Weight: The Super HeavyWeight weighs in at 364 grams. This is the optimum weight with respect to applying no strain or stress to a turntable's motor, bearing, or suspension.
- Dimensions: MoFi's Super HeavyWeight measures 3.0625" (diameter) x 1.375" (height).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Online reviews [ Ronald Sep 20, 2018 ]
want to try this accessory for personal use as once used similar items when worked as a DJ. [ JAMES Aug 26, 2018 ]
VERY POSITIVE REVIEWS FROM SEVERAL PLACES. WTN [ WILLIAM T Aug 19, 2018 ]
It complements my UltraDeck turntable and furthers the Mobile Fidelity design falsify of reducing vibration through the absorption of noise; by using targeted materials that add value to the final sound [ Paul May 15, 2018 ]
It improves the sound quality when playing vinyl by making the record "flatter" [ John Fields Apr 15, 2018 ]