Mackie MP 240
In-ear monitoring headphones (hybrid dual-driver design)
From Mackie: MP Series - Getting the Best Sound & Fit
From Mackie: MP Series Professional In-Ear Monitors
Our take on the Mackie MP 240 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Live monitoring headphones tuned for precision
Mackie knows what you need on-stage. After all, they've been making world-class mixers other live-performance gear for decades. The MP-240 headphones use a hybrid dual-driver system in each earpiece — a balanced-armature driver to cover the mids and highs, and a dynamic driver to nail the bass. The result is accurate, textured sound across a wide frequency range.
Built for live sound
Things get loud on-stage, and it's crucial to be able to focus on your specific instrument or vocal. These in-ears provide terrific noise isolation for live music events and church worship services. Mackie included several eartip options — three foam, three silicone, and three double-flange tips. You should find a comfortable, secure fit that can block out up to 40dB of external noise.
The headphone cable coils snugly around your ear. This keeps the cord out of your way as you perform and stops sound from escaping and being picked up by live mics.
- in-ear headphones designed for studio and stage monitoring
- hybrid dual-driver system inside each earpiece
- dynamic driver for extended bass response
- balanced-armature driver for detailed, precise mids and highs
- over-the-ear cord routing system keeps headphones secured to ear
- up to 40dB of ambient noise attenuation
- 59" detachable braided cable terminated with 3.5mm miniplug
- MMCX connectors at headphones (compatible with Shure RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth® adapter cable)
- includes 9 pairs of ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit:
- 3 sizes of standard silicone tips
- 3 sizes of double-flange silicone tips (for a deeper fit)
- 3 sizes of soft foam tips
- hard plastic case with carabiner clip
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 108 dB
- impedance: 16 ohms
- weight: 1.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ear monitors (black) with attached 59" cable (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Adapter
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of double-flange ear tips
- 3 Pairs of foam ear tips
- Hard molded case with carabiner clip
- Owner's Manual
- Hip Tips About Your Tips
Single Dynamic Driver: The Mackie MP-series professional in-ear monitors are made for live, on-stage performances. The monitors feature molded low-profile enclosures for maximum comfort and bass response. The MP-240 is equipped with hybrid dual precision dynamic drivers -- one dynamic driver for low frequencies, and a Knowles balanced armature driver for mids and highs. A custom crossover splits the frequencies between the two drivers. This driver design delivers high-fidelity, studio quality sound that is preferred by studio engineers, professional artists, and audiophiles. The earphones come with three styles of ear tips in three different sizes, so you can choose what works and fits best in your ears. The MP-240s include a hard molded plastic case to hold your in-ear monitors and ear tips.
Cable: The MP-240 comes with a 59.1" shielded, braided cable that delivers extra durability and sonic performance. It features an over-ear design to keep them securely in your ears, and the cable behind your head and out of the way. The cable is removable and replaceable in case of damage. The cable attaches to the ear buds via a swiveling MMCX connector. The cable is terminated into a right-angled 3.5mm plug.
Accessory Plug: The MP-240 in-ear monitors are designed for use on stage, or for leisure. They include a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter so you can use your headphones with your home audio components or professional sound consoles with a 1/4" headphone jack.
Ear Tips: The MP-240 comes with a wide variety of ear tips. The sound isolating tips block ambient noise (up to about 40dB), while ensuring a comfortable and customized fit. A good seal is required for optimal sound isolation and bass response, and maximum comfort for extended wear. The ear tips come in small, medium, and large sizes, in the following styles:
- Silicone: The silicone rubber ear tips are soft and flexible.
- Foam Ear Tips: The soft foam ear tips compress and expand to form a tight seal in your ear canal.
- Double-Flange Ear Tips: The Double-Flange tips are made of soft, silicone rubber with dual flanges of increasing diameter to fit the shape of your ear canal.
Carrying Case: The MP-240s come with a compact, molded, hard plastic carrying case that will protect your in-ear monitors when not in use. This clam-shell style case has a locking closure and a carabiner-style clip for attaching it to other items.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 108 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 16 ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 10mW
- Net Weight: 1.1 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Mackie MP 240
In-ear monitoring headphones (hybrid dual-driver design)$199.99
Sound Isolating™ earphones with wireless Bluetooth® adapter cable
Periodic Audio Be IEM
In-ear headphones with beryllium diaphragms
Sound Isolating™ earphones (Clear)