Sennheiser EW 152 G3
Wireless headset microphone system (516-558 MHz, "A" band)
Our take on the Sennheiser EW 152 G3 by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Experience, innovation, and German engineering
For almost 70 years Sennheiser has manufactured microphones and audio gear. Their years of experience and innovation combine with German engineering to create audio solutions that offer superb performance and exceptional reliability.
The EW 152 G3 package includes the EM 100 G3 rack-mount receiver, the SK 100 G3 bodypack transmitter, and the ME 3 headset microphone. The super-cardioid microphone offers natural-sounding reproduction, and its superior rejection of off-axis sounds minimizes the potential for feedback.
The bodypack transmitter runs for up to eight hours on two AA batteries, and also operates with the BA 2015 rechargeable battery pack. You can recharge the battery pack while it's in the transmitter using Sennheiser's L 2015 charger (battery pack and charger sold separately). Four-stage battery indicators monitor your battery's charge level.
Hook me up
The receiver scans automatically for available frequencies and syncs with the transmitter automatically via an infrared interface. The receiver's true diversity reception gives you a dependable connection with the transmitter. The frequency bank system offers 12 compatible frequencies per bank for simple matching. The transmitter and receiver are both housed in rugged metal cases to shield them from the bumps of life on stage. You'll have no problem setting up and using this system, thanks to the user-friendly operating menus on the transmitter and receiver.
- wireless headset mic system with bodypack transmitter and single-channel receiver
- super-cardioid headset microphone
- transmitter and receiver displays monitor battery life
- Auto-Lock feature prevents accidental setting changes
- XLR and 1/4" receiver outputs
- frequency response: 80-18000 Hz
- receiver: 8-3/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 8"D
- transmitter: 3-1/4"H x 2-1/2"W x 1"D
- receiver: 2 lbs.
- transmitter: 5-3/4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- EM100 G3 wireless receiver (516-558 MHz)
- ME 3-ew headset cardioid microphone with 64" cable (3.5mm plug)
- Foam windscreen (installed)
- SK 100 Wireless bodypack transmitter (516-558 MHz)
- Stacking elements (2 pieces - L+R)
- 2 Wireless antennas (BNC plugs)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- NT2-3 CW Power supply (DC output: 12V 400mA)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US / Euro / UK)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Instruction Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Additional Information for Sennheiser evolution wireless G3 systems
- Framework requirements and restrictions on frequency usage in Europe
Overview: The Sennheiser EW 152 G3 is a wireless microphone system, featuring the ultra-light ME 3-ew headset condenser microphone, the SK 100 G3 bodypack wireless transmitter, and EM 100 G3 True Diversity receiver. The system features a 42 MHz bandwidth, and operates on frequency range A (516-558 MHz).
Wireless System: The EW 152 G3 evolution system features high-quality true diversity reception with dual antennas. The automatic frequency scan feature searches for available frequencies for interference free operation. The system supports up to 12 channels. The Sennheiser HDX compander system assures crystal-clear sound.
Headset Microphone: The ME 3-ew is a headset microphone designed for vocalists, instructors, or presenters. The headset wraps behind your head and over both ears, with a Velcro strap to hold it securely. The 4" gooseneck boom lets you position the microphone to the optimum position. The supplied foam windscreen reduces wind noise and popping from speech plosives. The microphone has an attached 64" cord that plugs into the bodypack transmitter's 3.5mm input jack.
Wireless Transmitter: The SK 100 wireless bodypack transmitter clips onto your belt or jacket pocket. It is powered by 2 "AA" batteries (included), which give it over 8 hours of battery life. The transmitter's 3-line illuminated display will indicate the current transmitting frequency, the customizable name of the mic, transmission and lock mode icons, and mute status. It shows a 3-segment battery status: 3 bars-100%, 2 bars-70%, 1 bar-30%, 0 bars-Low battery. The transmitter has an On/Off button, and a multi-function switch to set the transmitting channel.
Wireless Receiver: The EM 100 G3 True-Diversity wireless receiver can be placed on a flat surface, rack mounted, or stacked with other receivers using the included stacking elements. The illuminated front panel display clearly indicates the current frequency, frequency bank, and channel number. It also displays the battery status of the transmitter, as well as the RF levels (how strong the wireless signal is) and Audio levels (how loud the audio signal is). Like the transmitter, the name of the receiver is customizable. The two diversity antennas plug into the BNC connectors on the back panel. The receiver is powered by the included 12-volt DC power supply.
EQ Presets: The system has four EQ presets that can be recalled. Preset 1: Flat; Preset 2: Low Cut (-3 dB at 180Hz); Preset 3: Low Cut/High Boost (-3dB at 180Hz / +6dB at 10kHz), Preset 4: High Boost (+6dB at 10kHz). These presets affect the line and monitor outputs.
- EM 100 G3 Receiver:
- Receiving Frequency Range: 516 - 558 MHz
- Adjacent Channel Rejection: ≥ 65 dB
- Intermodulation Attenuation: ≥ 65 dB
- Squelch: Off, Low (5 dBµV), Middle (15 dBµV), High (25 dBµV
- Dimensions: Width 8.365", Height 1.8" (w/rubber feet), Depth 8.334" (w/antennas)
- ME 3-ew Microphone:
- Type: condenser
- Sensitivity: 1.6 mV/Pa
- Pick-up pattern: cardioid
- Max SPL: 150 dB SPL
- Dimensions: Diameter=0.632", Length=0.437"
- SK 100 Transmitter:
- Input Sensitivity Adjustment Range: 60 dB in 3 dB steps
- Output Frequency Response: 25-18,000 Hz (line)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥110 dBA
- RF Output Power (at 50 Ω): 30 mW (typical)
- Dimensions: Width 2.573", Height 3.325", Depth 1.155", Antenna Length 5", Weight 5.64 ounces (including batteries)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.