Network streaming music player Wi-fi®, Bluetooth® and AM/FM tuner
Our take on the Denon DNP-800NE by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Wirelessly stream glorious high-resolution music
The Denon DNP-800NE lets you enjoy the convenience of digital music streaming, and it makes sure it sounds darn good, too. Connect the player to your home network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, and then you can play your collection of high-res music files, access internet streaming services, pair your phone via Bluetooth, and more.
There's a Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter (DAC) inside for accurately rendering the precise details in your favorite recordings. It can handle PCM-based files up to 32-bit/192kHz resolution and DSD files up to 5.6MHz.
Compatible with major streaming services
The DNP-800NE is compatible with popular music streaming services like Deezer, TIDAL, Apple Music and more. If you favor internet radio, there's also support for Pandora, vTuner and similar services. Spotify fans can use Spotify Connect (subscription required) to keep streaming self-curated playlists.
Multi-room wireless audio support
The player has HEOS built in, so you can wirelessly play music throughout your entire home using HEOS wireless speakers and components. The free HEOS app offers plenty of control — play the same song on all connected speakers, or play different songs in each room. There's also Apple AirPlay® 2 for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPod® touch, iPad® or iTunes® on your Mac®.
As if it weren't already convenient enough, the DNP800NE is also compatible with Amazon Alexa voice-operated virtual assistants (not included). Just tell the player to start streaming your favorite station, track, or playlist, and it will be done.
- plays digital music from computers, music servers, and online services on your home stereo system
- 32-bit/192kHz Burr-Brown PCM1795 DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for high-performance playback of digital music
- built-in Wi-Fi with dual antennas for easy, solid connection to a wireless home network
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity for streaming music from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Apple AirPlay 2 for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or iTunes on your Mac computer
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components and speakers for whole-home audio
- DLNA 1.5 certified for streaming music wirelessly from compatible computers and network-attached storage (NAS) drives
- includes support for Pandora and vTuner internet radio
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library via Wi-Fi, controlled by your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- compatible with Amazon Alexa voice control assistants
- high-resolution playback of DSD, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and ALAC files; also plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files
- up to 32-bit/192kHz resolution for PCM files; up to 5.6MHz resolution for DSD files
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- gapless playback with FLAC, WAV, and DSD files
- AM/FM radio tuner with 99 digital presets
- remote control
Connections and Dimensions:
- dual stereo analog RCA outputs (1 fixed, 1 variable)
- optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port
- front-panel USB input (Type A) for connecting an iPod or compatible USB memory device
- discrete headphone amplifier with 1/4" output and volume control
- IR flasher output for use with external controllers
- 17-1/8"W x 6-11/16"H x 12-5/16"D (with antennas raised)
- weight: 8.6 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
1 question already asked
It does have built-in networking, Wi-Fi and support for the HEOS streaming services and control app, yes. [ Ryan Oct 04, 2018 ] Staff