Steinberg Home and Mobile Recording Bundle
With optional iPad® compatibility
Item # 700STENBUN | MFR # Steinberg UR 44 Bund
Out of Stock
Ship date unknown
Price separately: $682.92
Package Discount: -$110.93
$571.99 Earn up to 572 Rewards points
Our take on the Steinberg Home and Mobile Recording Bundle by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Home recording...on the road?
Add Apple's Camera Connection Kit (not included), and you can even record on your iPad®.
For musicians on the go, the word "home" is relative — it's often wherever you lay your head at night. We put this bundle together so that you have a recording rig you can use whenever and wherever inspiration strikes you. It works great in a traditional home recording setting, but it's also portable enough to take on the road.
This bundle is built around the Steinberg UR44 six-input, four-output interface. You connect your computer via USB, plug up your instruments, and bring the band. We supply the mics, headphones, cables, and accessories.
A word from one of our experts
- Steinberg UR44 USB 2.0 recording interface — "You gain the flexibility of recording individual tracks or an entire band at once," Cory said. He pointed out that along with capturing vocals, you have the ability to record other instruments at the same time. It has line-level instrument inputs and built-in DSP monitoring effects, so guitar players can plug directly in and get a real-time amp simulator with no latency.
- Cubase AI digital audio workstation (included with interface) — This software syncs up seamlessly with the UR44's built-in mixer. Then you can get to work right on your computer screen. That means spending less time with configuration and more time playing music and mixing.
- Audio-Technica microphone pair — The package includes a large diaphragm condenser mic for vocals and a compact condenser mic for recording instruments. Cory said that the UR44 gives you the ability to add more microphones later, if, for example, you ever want to mike a whole drum kit.
- Audio-Technica ATH-20x monitor headphones (two pair) — Get two discrete headphone mixes through these well-reviewed 'phones, tuned for balanced sound. Cory recently demoed the ATH-20x cans and raved about how comfortable they felt — precisely what you need for long recording sessions.
- Two microphone stands (with fixed boom), Two 10-foot mic cables, and a double-nylon popscreen (with clamp)
A flexible, portable system with room to grow
Cory called this a "good stepping stone package" from simpler systems. He said musicians with recording experience will appreciate the extra inputs and outputs. But the software is easy to learn, so you don't have to be a master sound engineer to use it. All the components are pretty light, and easy to carry (especially if you pick up an ultra-rugged Gator case, sold separately). The interface even gives you the ability to integrate pre-recorded parts into a live performance. "You know," Cory said, "so the keyboard player doesn't have to be at every show."
Steinberg UR44 USB 2.0 recording interface:
- 6-input, 4-output computer audio interface
- includes Cubase AI digital recording software for recording and mixing on your computer
- 4 Yamaha D-PRE discrete Class A mic preamps with 48V phantom power offer warm, clean sound even at high input levels
- accepts mic, instrument, line-level, and MIDI signals
- 24-bit analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog conversion with sampling rates of 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz
- USB and power cables included (no bus power)
- allows connection to an iPad for recording with Apple's Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- 9-15/16"W x 1-7/8"H x 6-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
Audio-Technica matched microphone pair:
- one AT2020, a large-diaphragm condenser microphone for vocals
- one AT2021, a smaller condenser microphone for instruments or backup vocals
- cardioid polar patterns
- hard mic stand adapter included for both mics
- carry bags included
- warranty: 1 year
Audio-Technica ATH-M20X professional monitor headphones (2 pairs):
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- 40mm dynamic drivers are tuned for enhanced bass response
- 118" single-sided straight cable with miniplug connector and 1/4" adapter
- frequency response: 15-20,000 Hz
- earcups swivel and rotate for single-ear use
- weight: 6.7 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee