Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone
Our take on the Audio-Technica AT2035 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
When accuracy counts
The Audio-Technica AT2035 delivers exceptional detail with low noise. This rugged side-address condenser microphone features a large diaphragm to give you smooth, natural sound with minimal noise. It's ideal for lead vocals and acoustic instruments.
And this versatile microphone can be used both in studio and live performance settings. Its switchable 80dB high-pass filter and 10dB pad lets it handle high sound pressure, so you can use it to mic drum kits and guitar amps.
- designed for studio recording and live performance
- side-address condenser microphone
- cardioid pattern for noise and feedback rejection
- large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- switchable 80dB high-pass filter and 10dB pad
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: -33 dBV/Pa
- impedance: 120 ohms
- requires 48-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- 6-11/16"L x 2-1/16"D
- weight: 14.2 oz.
- male XLR connector
- shock mount
- protective pouch
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Shock mount
- Threaded mount adaptor
- Padded soft case
- Owners manual (Eng / Span / Fren / and Others)
- Warranty card
- Safety and Warnings
Features and Specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Max SPL||158 dB SPL|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Audio-Technica AT2035 microphone is a large-diaphragm, side-address, condenser mic, designed for home/project/professional studio applications, as well as live performances. With rugged construction and high-performance specifications, this mic delivers exceptional detail and low noise. It features a cardioid polar pattern, switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter, switchable 10dB pad, a wide dynamic range, and the ability to handle high sound pressure levels with ease.
Polar Pattern: The AT2035's cardioid polar pattern reduces sounds picked up from the sides and rear of the mic, and improves isolation of the desired sound source.
High-pass Filter: An integral 80 Hz high-pass 12 dB/octave filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. This helps minimize the proximity effect, cause by sources being too close to the mic, as well as reducing low-frequencies picked up from external sources such as room reverberation, heating/cooling systems, outside traffic, etc.
Attenuation Pad: Miking loud sound sources or placing a mic extremely close to an instrument can subject the diaphragm to very high sound pressure levels, which may cause audible distortion. The AT2035 features a switchable 10 dB attenuation pad to lower the signal level. With no padding selected, the maximum SPL is 148 dB, and with the -10 dB switch engaged, the maximum SPL is 158 dB.
Connection: The AT2035 features a 3-pin male XLR connection, which provides a balanced, low impedance output.
Phantom Power: Because the AT2035 is a condenser microphone, it requires phantom power, which can range from 11 to 52 V DC.
Mount: The included mic shock mount comes threaded for 5/8"-27 stands, and includes a thread adaptor for 3/8"-16 stands.
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: -33 dB (22.4 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 120 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 148 dB SPL (0 attenuation), 158 dB SPL (10 dB attenuation)
- Attenuation Pad: Switchable between 0dB and -10dB
- High-pass Filter: Switchable between flat and 12dB/octave at 80Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 82 dB
- Dynamic Range: 136 dB
- Phantom Power: 11 to 52 V DC
- Dimensions: Length - 6.79", Diameter - 2.045"
- Weight: 14.2 oz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.