Philips Hue Tap Switch
Kinetic control for Hue lighting
Our take on the Philips Hue Tap Switch by Crutchfield's Emily S.
More than a light switch
Being able to control your smart lights with an app is very cool, but sometimes we don't want to fumble around with our phones just to turn off the lights. The Tap adds wall switch convenience for your Philips Hue lighting system, but it also does a whole lot more.
Once you use the app to configure the Tap with your four favorite presets, you'll be able to recall each built-in or custom scene in up to three rooms at once by pressing a single button. That means one button can turn off the living room lights, dim the hallway, and put your bedside lights in “relax” mode.
But the Tap switch's niftiest feature might be its power source — you. It requires no wires or batteries because it is powered by the kinetic energy created when you press the button.
- wireless remote control for Philips Hue lighting
- recall your four favorite scenes with the touch of a button
- includes mountable wall plate
- detaches from wall plate for portable control
- wireless range of up to 98 feet
- rated to deliver up to 50,000 lifetime clicks
- powered by your touch
- uses kinetic energy so no battery is required
- requires a Philips Hue bridge
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- 3"W x 3"H x 1"D
- weight: 3.2 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee