Philips Hue LightStrip Plus
Second-generation LED light strip for Hue smart lighting systems
Our take on the Philips Hue LightStrip Plus by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
The Hue LightStrip Plus gives you bright, creative color options that you can put anywhere.
Paint your room with light
Meet the Hue LightStrip Plus. It's a flexible LED light strip that gives you bright, creative lighting anywhere you want. Choose from over 16 million colors for ambiance under your bar, in your entertainment system, or in the kids' game room. An adhesive-backing makes placement easy.
Expand your Hue system
Want more length? Add the LightStrip Plus Extension for an additional meter of smart lighting.
The LightStrip Plus is Apple® HomeKit compatible, which means you can use Siri to control it. Turn your lights on and off, or change color — all with your voice. You can also control your system with the free Philips Hue app (Apple®, Android™). Here's a full list of compatible Hue products.
- add-on ambiance light strip for Philips Hue smart lighting systems
- if you don't have a starter kit, you'll need the Philips Hue Wireless Bridge
- creates colorful ambient lighting behind entertainment systems or under bars or cabinets
- great for low-level lighting in your hallways or staircases
- extendable up to 32 feet with additional LightStrips
- choose from 16 million colors to match any mood or event
- produces all shades of white from warm to cool color temperatures
- plugs into a wall outlet for power (no separate light fixture needed)
- includes a 100" power cable for flexible lighting placement
- plug-and-play design lets you easily move it around your home
- compatible with:
- controlled from the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- sync your lights with movies and music for immersive experiences
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- adjustable brightness up to 1600 lumens
- rated at 20.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 100-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 20,000 hours of use
- 5/8"W x 1/4"H x 78-3/4"D
- input voltage range of 100V-240V
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 80" LED Lightstrip
- Wireless control box with attached 8' power cable (DC barrel connector)
- AC adapter (DC Output: 24V 20A)
- User Manual
- Safety Instructions
- LightStrips info sheet
Subtle charm for a room
Rt, Saint Albans, NY
Philips Hue LightStrip Plus Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance LightStrip Plus is an LED light strip that can add light to many places where traditional light fixtures cannot go. Using the Hue App, you can control the color and intensity of the LightStrip to suit your moods. The LightStrip Plus comes with a wireless control box with an attached power cord, plus a 24V AC adapter.
Light Strip: The 80" (6.6') Hue Lightstrip Plus is approximately 1/2" wide and 3/16" thick, and features bright variable color LEDs every 2" along its length. The LEDs can produce up to 16-million colors. It also provides bright functional white light up to 1600 lumens, and can output all shades of white, from warm to cold color temperatures: 1600 lm @ 4200K, 1000 lm @ 6500K, 800 lm @ 3000K, and 600 lm @ 2200K. The LightStrip Plus is rated at 20.5W, and has an estimated lifetime of 20,000 hours.
Hue Wireless Lighting System: The LightStrip Plus can be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system. When you connect the LightStrip Plus to the Hue Bridge via your Wi-Fi router, you can control the colors and intensity of the lights on your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Up to 50 Hue products can be added to the system, and controlled by a single bridge.
Installing: The LightStrip Plus' adhesive backing allows you to stick the strip almost anywhere. The strip can be bent up to 90° to go around corners. You can add light under cabinets, in hallways, or add accents to architectural features in your home. The LightStrip Plus features "scissor markings" roughly every 12.9" where the strip can be cut to length. You can also add multiple LightStrip extensions for a total length of up to 33 feet. Included with the LightStrip Plus is a wireless controller box and an 8' power cable. The power cable terminates into a DC barrel connector, which plugs into the included 24V AC adapter.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
night stand [ Spencer Aug 31, 2017 ]
Great addition to an already terrific product. [ Susan Jul 26, 2017 ]
Works with other Hue products and Samsung Smartthings. Plan to use it for under & over cabinet lighting. [ Adam Jun 24, 2017 ]
Wife enjoys accent lighting. [ Tracy L. Dec 19, 2016 ]