4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi® and 2-way Bluetooth®
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 305UBDM95K | MFR # UBD-M9500/ZA
$399.99 Earn up to 400 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Samsung UBD-M9500 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Push your 4K TV to it's peak picture performance
Want to see your new Samsung QLED or 4K TV at its best? Place an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc into the Samsung UBD-M9500 4K Blu-ray player's tray. 4K Blu-ray discs offer the absolute best picture quality available today. And Samsung's top-of-the-line player delivers an incredibly sharp, premium picture, even when you sit up close.
Samsung's "premier player" offers more
The UBD-M9500 player has versatile connection options, including two HDMI outputs for separating video and audio. Plus it has two-way Bluetooth. That means you can play music wirelessly from your phone, or send movie audio wirelessly from the player to a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
The Samsung UBD-M9500 features a sturdy disc drive to prevent vibration.
Beautiful, lifelike picture contrast
I think High Dynamic Range (HDR) is the most exciting aspect of Ultra HD Blu-ray. It allows compatible TVs to display extremely bright and dark black picture content together within the same image. (Think tiny stars peeking through the pitch-black night sky.)
This also has Hollywood buzzing. It's given directors a brilliant visual palette to play with — subtle, delicate lighting, sparks of brightness, and true-to-life shading and shadows.
Samsung gives you more 4K viewing options — yep, including Netflix®
Have you ever seen the vibrant Colombian landscapes of Narcos in 4K? It is really something else. And the deeper shading and detail make scenes in small cafés feel even more claustrophobic.
When you connect this player to your home network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, you get several 4K streaming options including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and M-Go. Plus, you can watch 4K video clips on YouTube.
Don't throw out your old discs!
You can still enjoy all your old standard Blu-rays and DVDs on this player. Samsung made 4K upconversion a top priority for the UBD-M9500. Their UHD Upscaling automatically upconverts any signal to 4K resolution. All of your movies and shows will look better than ever.
Find out how great the picture is on your new QLED TV (sold separately) with the Samsung UBD-M9500
Impressive sound and music options
Along with the state-of-the-art picture, your movies will sound amazing too. The Samsung UBD-K9500 has built-in support for the highest-quality surround sound formats, like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS Master Audio™. It also plays Dolby Atmos®-encoded discs (just set the HDMI audio output to "bitstream" when connected to an Atmos-capable receiver).
This Ultra HD player's no slouch when it comes to music, either. You can play music from a CD or stream tunes from services like Pandora® or Spotify®. You can even wirelessly connect to a compatible networked PC via DLNA technology and play songs from your computer.
Samsung's smart hub is smarter than most
This player's brain is a super-speedy eight-core processor — the same found in Samsung's latest high-end TVs, Galaxy phones, and tablets. It lets you do serious multitasking. You can browse the web without having to interrupt your movie, or use one app while downloading another. Plus Samsung's on-board selection of apps is pretty stacked — streaming video, sports leagues, music, games, you name it.
Project images to your screen
While newer phones are getting harder to cram into pockets, sometimes the screens still aren't large enough for certain tasks. Maybe you want to share a video or picture with a group of people. Wirelessly "push" the display to your TV's big screen through the Samsung UBD-M9500. Allshare™, Samsung's take on Miracast™ technology, mirrors the screen of your compatible mobile device, tablet, or computer screen for everyone to see.
- plays Ultra HD Blu-ray discs, standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs and rewriteable discs (no 3D playback)
- full 4K resolution video for use with Ultra HD TVs
- 4K video upscaling for standard Blu-ray and DVDs
- supports lower resolutions when used with non-4K TVs
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)-ready for extended picture contrast and brightness on compatible TVs
- supports HDR10 format
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device; PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- 2-way Bluetooth sends audio wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled headphones
- this player accepts Region A Blu-ray discs and Region 1 DVDs
- dual-band Wi-Fi for streaming video and music (subscriptions required for some services)
- streaming video services: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, Vudu, and more
- streaming music services: Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- HEVC for watching streamed 4K content from sources like Netflix, Amazon Instant, or YouTube (requires Internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- Samsung's Smart Hub lets you scroll through apps and menu while you watch a disc
- AllShare lets you stream content and mirror screens from compatible Samsung smartphones and tablets
- stream video wirelessly from player to a compatible Samsung device
- compatible devices: S8, Tap S3, S7, Note5, S6 with Android's Nougat Operating System
- Multiroom Link for syncing wirelessly with Samsung Shape wireless speakers
- on-board web browser
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 lets you stream audio directly from compatible devices
- also sends audio wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled speakers or headphones
Technical Specs and General Info:
- selectable video resolution up to 3840 x 2160 pixels
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- can pass Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks when HDMI output is set to "bitstream"
- plays AAC, AIFF, ALAC, , FLAC, MP3, WMA, and WAV audio file formats
- side-panel USB port for use with external storage devices or compatible Samsung Galaxy phone
- watch Gear 360-degree VR photos and videos on your TV via USB
- 2 HDMI outputs for separating audio and video signals:
- "MAIN" HDMI output is HDMI 2.0a (connected 4K TV and/or receiver must have an HDCP 2.2-compatible HDMI input, and must have HDMI 2.0a to support HDR)
- "SUB" HDMI output is audio-only; does not output video signal
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via "MAIN" HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- optical digital audio output
- remote control
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- 16"W x 1-7/8"H x 8-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Ultra-HD Blu-ray player
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AK59-00180A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- User Manual
- "Optimum Picture Quality" note
Amazing picture quality.
Mitchell, Junction City, KS
Samsung UBD-M9500 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Surround Sound Decoding||
Dolby Digital Plus |
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
|4K Ultra HD||Yes|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix,Amazon,Hulu,Vudu,Googl|
|Built-in Wi-Fi||802.11 b/g/n/ac|
|Smartphone App Control||No|
|DVD Video Upconversion||4K, 1080p, 720p|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Digital Optical Output||1|
|Digital Coaxial Output||None|
|Analog Audio Outputs||None|
|1080p Video Output||Yes|
|Component Video Outputs||None|
Disc Compatibility: The Samsung UBD-M9500 Ultra HD Blu-ray disc player is compatible with many disc types.
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||UHD BD-ROM, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW|
Note: This Ultra-HD Blu-ray disc player does not support 3D video discs.
Ultra HD Blu-Ray: Ultra HD Blu-ray provides these key features and advantages over standard Blu-ray.
- 4K Resolution: Ultra HD Blu-ray supports resolutions of up to 3840 x 2160 pixels. That's 4x as many pixels as Full HD televisions, and 27x as many pixels as Standard Definition televisions
- Wider Color Gamut: Ultra HD Blu-ray can display over 75% of the visible color spectrum; this is known as "Wider Color Gamut". That's more than twice the color range of current Ultra-HD TVs.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Ultra HD Blu-ray also supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video. Dynamic range is the difference between the brightest whites and the darkest blacks on screen. HDR means that scenes with high contrast can be shown with much greater clarity and detail.
- Smooth, Realistic Motion: Ultra HD Blu-ray supports progressive frame rates of 24, 25, 50 and 60 frames a second, enabling smoother, more realistic motion.
- Greater Capacity & Speed: Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs will be available in a dual layer 66 gigabyte disc and a triple layer 100 gigabyte disc. Ultra HD Blu-ray can stream video up to a maximum of 108/128 Mbps for 66Gb and 100Gb discs.
- Backward Compatible: Ultra HD Blu-ray players will play all current Blu-ray Disc & DVD content. When connected to a current Ultra-HD TV television, the player will output a standard Ultra-HD TV signal. Ultra HD Blu-ray players will support existing Blu-ray media, as well as provide down conversion and HDR to SDR conversion functionality to match the connected television's capabilities.
Note: Like standard BD, Ultra HD Blu-ray discs use region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your player, otherwise the disc will not play. This Blu-ray player is region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Firmware & Software Updates: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet. The player's Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the player's software & firmware for these performance improvements & additional services. You can upgrade via Network or USB.
Note: Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
USB 2.0 Port: The Samsung UHD Blu-ray disc player features a side-panel USB 2.0 (type-A) port that allows playback of a variety of audio files (up to 192kHz), still-image files, and video files (up to 4K) stored on a USB mass storage class device (formatted in FAT16, FAT32, or NTFS). A USB device consuming more than 5V/1A requires a separate power supply device for normal operation.
Media File Formats: The Samsung UBD-M9500 Blu-ray disc player supports the following video, photo, and music files recorded onto BD-RE, BD-R, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD-R discs; or downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive.
|Video||AVI, AVCHD, DivX, MKV, MOV, MPEG|
|Photo||JPEG, PNG, BMP|
|Music||MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, OGG|
HDMI 2.0a Output + HDMI Audio Only Output: The Samsung Blu-ray player is equipped with dual HDMI outputs for separating audio and video signals (the "Sub" HDMI output does not output video signal). The "Main" HDMI 2.0a output can be used to carry both video and digital audio all in one cable. You can choose to use the "Sub" HDMI output to send audio only to your AV receiver and the "Main" HDMI to send only video to your Ultra-HD TV (this is a great option for when you have an Ultra-HD TV, but an AVR receiver that does not support 4K or HDR). The HDMI output resolution can be set to 480p, 720p, 1080p, 2160p, or Auto.
Note: There is no analog video output.
Ultra HD 4K Playback & Upscaling: With stunning UHD 4K, Samsung's UBD-M9500 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player gives you 4x the resolution of full 1080p HD and boasts incredibly life-like images with a level of detail and clarity like never before. You can even upscale your favorite non-4K video content and enjoy it in 4K Ultra-HD (3,840 x 2,160) with this Samsung UHD Blu-ray Player and your Ultra HD TV.
Note: To enjoy 4K, you must have a compatible 4K television connected to the UHD Blu-ray player via HDMI.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video: With HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology, the Ultra HD Blu-ray Player delivers dynamic UHD content in exceptional quality with a greater range of color contrast and brightness, enhancing details from the original film format. Experience sharp contrasts and brightness with deeper blacks and brighter whites.
Note: This Ultra HD Blu-ray player supports HDR 10, but does not support Dolby Vision HDR.
WCR (Wider Color Range): The Samsung UBD-M9500 supports up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of ultra high-definition video. This allows the Ultra HD Blu-ray player to offer twice the color range of existing conventional Blu-ray players and 64x higher color expressions, surpassing the digital cinema standard. As a result, you'll get to enjoy realistic picture quality like never before.
Deep Color & x.v. Color: Deep Color allows more accurate color reproduction with deep color depth. The Samsung UBD-M9500 must be connected to a Deep Color compatible TV via HDMI for this feature to function. The UBD-M9500 also supports x.v.Color; meaning it's ready for x.v.Color discs, such as AVCHD discs (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format).
Movie Frame (24fps): Movies are typically recorded on film with a frame rate of 24fps (frames-per-second). When a movie is transferred to Ultra HD Blu-ray or Blu-ray Disc at 24 frames per second, the UBD-M9500 will output that signal to the TV at a resolution of 1080i, 1080p, or 2160p with no need for conversion for improved picture quality when watching a movie.
Video Settings: The Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray disc offers a variety of video adjustments to fine tune the TV's picture image.
- TV Aspect: You can adjust the video output of the UBD-M9500 to match the screen-type of your television. You can choose from 16:9 Original, 16:9 Full, 4:3 Letter Box, and 4:3 Pan-Scan.
- Picture Modes: Picture Mode enables you to adjust video quality when the player is connected to your TV. Select between Standard, Movie, Dynamic, or User. The User mode lets you adjust the sharpness and noise reduction function manually.
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view addition content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing.
360° Content Playback: Enjoy 360° video shot on a Samsung Gear 360 camera (sold separately) with the Samsung UBD-M9500 and use the included remote to navigate all angles. Your Gear 360 content must be converted on a Samsung Galaxy phone or PC application and then downloaded to a USB thumbdrive. The USB thumbdrive can then be inserted in the UHD Blu-ray player's side-panel USB port for playback.
Dolby Digital/DTS Surround Decoding: The UBD-M9500 can decode the following Dolby Digital/DTS surround formats; Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio. The player must be connected to a Dolby Digital/DTS surround AV receiver which also supports these same formats via optical or HDMI input.
Surround Mode Chart: You can set the unit's Digital Output (HDMI or Optical) to match the capabilities of your connected AV receiver.
|Disc Type||Audio Stream||PCM||Bitstream (Unprocessed)||Bitstream (Re-encode)|
|HDMI||Optical||HDMI||Optical||HDMI or Optical|
| Ultra HD Blu-ray |
|PCM||up to 7.1ch||2ch||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital Plus||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby TrueHD||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby TrueHD||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS||up to 6.1ch||2ch||DTS||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS-HD HRA||up to 7.1ch||2ch||DTS-HD HRA||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS-HD HD MA||up to 7.1ch||2ch||DTS-HD MA||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital||up to 5.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|DTS||up to 6.1ch||2ch||DTS||DTS||DTS|
Note: If you have an AV receiver which decodes Dolby Atmos or DTS:X, you will need to set this UHD Blu-ray player's HDMI output to bitstream.
Optical Digital Output: The UHD Blu-ray disc player features a digital optical (toslink) output. The player's audio menu allows you to select the digital audio format that is passed through the optical digital output; bitstream (Dolby Digital or DTS) or 2-channel PCM.
Note: There is no analog audio output.
Audio Adjustments: The Ultra HD Blu-ray disc player provides the following audio adjustments.
- PCM Downsampling: This feature lets you choose to have 96kHz PCM signals downsampled to 48kHz before they are output to your AV receiver.
- Downmixing Mode: This feature lets you select the multichannel downmix method that is compatible with your stereo receiver. You can choose to have the player downmix to normal stereo or to surround compatible stereo.
- DTS Neo:6 Mode: You can enjoy multichannel sound via the HDMI output from a 2 channel audio source.
- Dynamic Range Control: When movie soundtracks are played at low volume or from smaller speakers, the system can apply appropriate compression to make low-level content more intelligible and prevent dramatic passages from getting too loud. This is only active when a Dolby Digital signal is detected.
- Audio Sync: In some cases when the player is connected to a TV, the audio signal may not synchronize with the video signal. If this occurs, adjust the audio delay time to match the video signal. You can set the audio delay time between 0 msec and 250 msec.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray disc player offers built-in Bluetooth and can be used as a Bluetooth receiver or transmitter.
- Sound Mirroring (Bluetooth Receiver): Sound Mirroring via Bluetooth lets you wirelessly transmit audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet to the Samsung Ultra-HD Blu-ray player and your connected AV receiver. Only one Bluetooth device can be paired and connected at a time.
- Wireless Audio (Bluetooth Transmitter): Stream audio wirelessly from the UHD Blu-ray player to a set of Bluetooth-enabled headphones for private listening. You can also wirelessly stream audio from the player to one Bluetooth-enabled speaker or single pair of Bluetooth speakers. Only one Bluetooth device can be paired and connected at a time. The player's HDMI audio and optical digital output are disabled when using this feature.
Multiroom Link Compatible: The UHD Blu-ray Player easily integrates into Samsung's Multiroom Link System (sold separately) over WiFi. Enjoy your movies, TV and music wirelessly with rich, multi-room sound and no cluttering cords. Pop in a disc and hear its incredible sound on any compatible speaker in your home.
Wired & Wireless Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray player so that it can access your home network and online Samsung Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired connection (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in Dual Band WiFi). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Wireless Automatic, Wireless Manual, WPS (PBC), and WPS (PIN)
- Supported WiFi networks include IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN networks (2.4GHz or 5.0GHz).
- Security setup types include WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), and WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES).
Note: A dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better is recommended For 4K streaming. Samsung recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
Online Entertainment Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung Ultra-HD Blu-ray player to your home network, you gain access to a wide variety of movie, music, news, & weather apps (fees may apply).
- 4K/HDR Video Content: This UHD Blu-ray player offers "HEVC/H.265 & VP9" decoding, which means it'll be able to display 4K & HDR10 content from online movie & TV show providers (like Amazon Video, Netflix, Vudu, UltraFlix 4K, Google Play Movies & TV, FandangoNow, & YouTube).
- HD Video Apps: Watch high definition movies and TV shows on HuluPlus, , CinemaNow, & more.
- Music & Radio: Listen to online music and internet radio from Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, and TuneIn.
- Sports & Fitness: Enjoy UFC.TV highlights, plus get workouts from DailyTrainer.
- News & Weather: Get updated with news stock quotes from CNBC Real-Time. Check your local weather and other area weather at The Weather Network, Accuweather, or WeatherNation.
- 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K & HDR streaming.
- For some 4K streaming service Apps (Netflix, Amazon, etc.), the use of the 4K service is enabled if your TV and/or AV receiver supports HDCP 2.2. If the TV (or the connected HDMI terminal) does not support HDCP 2.2, the 4K category will not be displayed.
Web Browser You can access the internet using the player's Web Brower application. You can search web pages by entering a URL address or entering a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can also Bookmark web pages and create a Home page. The playback of Flash videos is also supported. The Web Browser is optimized to fill your connected TV's screen.
Note: The Web Browser is not compatible with Java applications. E-commerce, for purchasing products online is not supported. ActiveX is not supported.
Wireless Mobile Device Connectivity: The Samsung Ultra-HD Blu-ray player allows wireless integration with select Android mobile devices, Windows PC, & DLNA servers over a WiFi network connection.
- Blu-ray to Mobile: With Blu-ray to Mobile, you can wirelessly stream content from the Samsung UHD Blu-Ray Player to a compatible Samsung smartphone or tablet on your WiFi network, so you can watch a Blu-ray on your mobile device while watching content from another source on your TV. You can even watch on your Samsung mobile device with the TV turned off. Supporting devices include S8, S7, S6, Note5, and Tab S3 running Nougat OS (7.0+).
- SmartView (Mirroring): The SmartView function lets you view the screen of your Samsung smartphone or tablet on a TV that you have connected to the Ultra-HD Blu-ray player over a wireless WiFi network connection. Compatible Samsung devices include smartphones & tablets running Android OS 4.1+.
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung UHD Blu-ray disc player meets DLNA Certification which allow you to watch videos (MPEG), photos (JPEG), and listen to music (MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the player and your connected over a wired or wireless network connection.
BD-Live: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more from a broadband internet and home network connections (fees may apply). The UBD-M9500 features an Ethernet port and built-in WiFi to connect to the internet via your home network, and features USB (type-A) port for additional storage.
Note: You must have a minimum 1GB USB memory device inserted in the unit's USB slot in order to download content from BD-Live.
Modern Curved Design: The modern, curved design of the Samsung UBD-M9500 perfectly matches Samsung's 2017 UHD, SUHD, and QLED televisions. With a brushed finish look, Samsung's Ultra HD Blu-ray Player gives your living room a modern, elegant touch.
Smart Hub: The Ultra-HD Blu-ray player's Smart Hub on-screen menu offers easy navigation with quick access. The Smart Hub features easy access to content by displaying your favorite and most used applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the built-in apps.
- Universal & Keyword Search: You can type in a keyword to search for TV shows & movies across a variety of online applications.
- App Categories: You are able to easily view, navigate and select between the following App categories - Editor's Choice, Most Popular, Downloaded Apps, Group Content, and Genre.
- Recommendations & Popular Episodes: You'll also receive personalized recommendations based on your viewing habits, plus what's popular and trending.
Start Up/Play Back Times: The Samsung UHD Blu-ray player has a start-up time of approximately 9.1 seconds. It takes approximately 19.7 seconds for a UHD Blu-ray disc to begin playback.
Note: The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the UHD Blu-ray player initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the player's Home Menu screen appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the UHD Blu-ray disc began playback.
Linking Internet Service Accounts: The Link Service Accounts function lets you link the Samsung UHD Blu-ray player to your accounts with Internet services such as Pandora so that the player can log you in to the service automatically when you start the app for that service.
Parental Lock: The Parental Lock function works in conjunction with Blu-ray Disc/DVDs that have been assigned a rating which helps you control the types of Blu-ray Discs/DVDs that your family watches. There are up to 8 ratings levels on a disc. The rating levels are protected by a customer user 4-digit password. You can also restrict access to inappropriate web pages by allowing access only to the web sites you have registered.
Visually & Hearing Impairment Assistance: The Samsung UHD Blu-ray players offers Close Captions and a Voice Guide for the hearing and visually impaired. The player provides Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
Screen Saver & Auto Power Off: If you leave the player in the stop mode for more than 5 minutes without using it, a screen saver will appear on your TV. If the player is left in the screen saver mode for more than 15 minutes, the power will automatically turn off.
Remote Support: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose the UHD Blu-ray player, adjust its settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates; the player must be connected to your home network and the Internet.
Wireless Remote: The included IR remote offers wireless operation of the Samsung UHD Blu-ray player and a number of function on Samsung TVs. The remote can also be programmed to operate basic functions (like Power On/Off, Input Select, & Volume Up/Down) of other brands of televisions.
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Anynet+ is a convenient feature that offers linked operation with other Samsung components that have the Anynet+ feature, and lets you control those products with one Samsung remote control. To operate this function, you must connect this player's "Main" HDMI output to an Anynet+ Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung Blu-ray player will also support a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) through its side-panel USB port. This make web browsing much simpler.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Needed for second location Currently own Samsung 8500 and am very pleased with it's performance and flexibility [ ARTHUR Oct 01, 2018 ]
Best overall rated Blu-Ray 4k player in the Samsung line. [ Daniel Sep 29, 2018 ]
The right features for the right price. I prefer Samsung Products when purchasing this type of product. [ Daniel Sep 27, 2018 ]
Because I have Multiple Samsung TV 's . [ William Sep 25, 2018 ]
Believed it to be a good product [ Toni G Sep 02, 2018 ]
I just bought a new TV and wanted a decent DVD player with some extras and one has to pay more money for extras and the reviews were good. [ JOHN Aug 30, 2018 ]
Reviews [ Edmond Aug 14, 2018 ]
I am familiar with Samsung products. [ Peter Aug 06, 2018 ]
I choose the UBD-M9500 to match my Samsung 65 inch curved 4K tv. Nice tv deserves a nice dvd player [ kevin Jun 14, 2018 ]
I like the specs [ RAYMOND May 18, 2018 ]
reviews and I like samsung products [ mark Feb 26, 2018 ]
It has all the bells and whistles and the menu on this is the same as my samsung tv. [ Bob Feb 24, 2018 ]
Might as well just go ahead and buy the best. [ DWIGHT P. Feb 20, 2018 ]
Price and good experience with Samsung products. [ Tony Feb 20, 2018 ]
Because of the sale price and the reputation of Samsung. Processes 4K with HDR. [ James Feb 03, 2018 ]
Instant $100 discount when purchasing the 8500 series tv [ john Feb 02, 2018 ]
Discount [ David Dec 29, 2017 ]
Features, price, connecting to Samsung QLED tv. [ THOMAS Dec 03, 2017 ]
Good reviews. Newer model. Like the no shipping fees and no taxes part as well. Plus Crutchfield always has a competitive price. [ Dr Peter Dec 02, 2017 ]
Because Crutchfield recommended it. [ The Engineer Dec 02, 2017 ]
Going to tried [ Daniel Dec 02, 2017 ]
great reviews [ L Dec 01, 2017 ]
I really like Samsung products and this model has all the features that I want, especially the 2 way Bluetooth. [ Ed Nov 29, 2017 ]
It looks to be the best to fit my needs. [ Dave Oct 22, 2017 ]
Samsung? works for me. [ David Oct 20, 2017 ]
Highly recommended / [ david Sep 09, 2017 ]
To use with existing curved screen Samsung Smart TV; wanted 2-way Bluetooth, up scaling, and 4K [ Lynn Sep 04, 2017 ]
Research online [ Craig Schofield Sep 01, 2017 ]
It was free with my purchase. [ Anthony Frank Aug 15, 2017 ]
I have a Samsung 4K TV and want to enjoy watching 4K movies. [ Oscar Aug 08, 2017 ]
3 questions already asked
Use the optical connection. You won't be able to hear any difference. [ Nathan Feb 03, 2018 ]
HDMI, is going give a better sound quality,I use my Onkyo 5020 with my Samsung Curve , picture quality and sound are out of this world. I still have to not say anything when visit with family over by watching their set up. [ David Feb 03, 2018 ]
I personally am using the optical. The optical is dedicated to delivering audio, whereas the hdmi delivers both. That can cause a little okie in your audio. I find the optical connection gives you the cleanest possible audio connection. Hope that helps. [ JOSHUA D Feb 03, 2018 ]
Not sure if this is any help. My 9500 is connected directly to TV with HDMI. I don't have a 'receiver' and have a Bose speaker system connected directly to TV with an Optical connection. This is enough amplification for me. Lyle [ Lyle Feb 02, 2018 ]
Optical connection should be better [ Bill Feb 02, 2018 ]
The M9500 has a Smart Hub installed in it. The color is better. [ tiffany Aug 31, 2017 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Kenny Aug 30, 2017 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. You most certainly can. This unit plays Ultra HD Blu-ray discs, standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs and rewriteable discs (no 3D playback). You can find this information on the main product page under "Product Highlights". Hope this helps. [ Kenny Jun 20, 2017 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi® and 2-way Bluetooth®
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi®
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
Sony ES UBP-X1000ES
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®