Multi-battery power pack for select Nikon DSLRs
Our take on the Nikon MB-D16 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The MB-D16 power pack holds an additional EN-EL15 lithium-ion battery pack or six AA batteries, so you can continue to work when your Nikon D750's main battery runs out of juice. The power pack is also equipped with a shutter-release button, AE/AF lock button, multi selector, and main- and sub-command dials for ease of use when holding the camera in vertical orientation.
- add-on hand grip and battery pack for Nikon D750 provides greater comfort and longer battery life during long photography sessions
- can be loaded with an additional EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery or six AA batteries
- functions as an additional hand grip, making it easier to operate the camera in vertical orientation
- included buttons:
- shutter-release button
- auto-exposure/autofocus button
- main- and sub-command dials
- multi selector switch
- included accessories:
- MS-D14 "AA" battery holder
- MS-D14EN lithium-ion rechargeable battery holder
- warranty: 1 year limited
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Multi-Battery Power Pack (with plastic terminal cover installed)
- MS-D14EN Battery holder (installed in grip)
- MS-D14 "AA" battery holder
- Neoprene pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty Programs card
- For Your Safety sheet
Nikon MB-D16 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Nikon MB-D16 Multi-Battery Power Pack is designed for use with Nikon's D750 digital SLR camera. The MB-D16 takes one Nikon EN-EL15 rechargeable battery (sold separately) or six "AA" batteries (alkaline, Ni-MH, or Lithium). Not only does the MB-D16 serve as a power pack for the Nikon D750, it also acts as a vertical hand-grip for portrait-oriented shots, and provides a shutter-release button, multi selector, main- and sub-command dials, and an AE/AF Lock button.
Weight: The MB-D16 weighs 8.8 oz. (excluding batteries), 11.9 oz. with EN-EL15, and 13.6 oz. with 6 "AA" batteries.
Battery Life: The estimated battery life for the D750 camera using the MB-D16 is as follows:
- One EN-EL15 battery (in camera): Approximately 1230 shots*
- One EN-EL15 battery (in MB-D16): Approximately 1230 shots
- Two EN-EL15 batteries (one in camera and one in MB-D16): Approximately 2460 shots
- Six AA alkaline batteries (in MB-D16): Approximately 430 shots
*Using CIPA standard
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Heard that by adding this piece, you really get a much better grip on the camera when using a heavy lens. Plus it not only looks cool, but gives you the ability to double up on battery power. [ LANCE Jul 02, 2016 ]