Wireless radio commander for select Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
From Sony: Radio Controlled Lighting System
Our take on the Sony FA-WRC1M by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Creative lighting flexibility for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
Sony's FA-WRC1M wireless radio commander is designed to work with the Sony FA-WRR1 wireless radio receiver (not included) to control shutter release on compatible Sony mirrorless cameras. You can also use the FA-WRC1M to control Sony radio-controlled flashes, like the HVL-F45RM.
The FA-WRC1M can be connected to up to 15 FA-WRR1 wireless receivers for complex lighting setups with compatible Sony flash units. And it gives you easy control over flash and receiver settings.
- compatible with select Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- controls Sony radio-controlled flashes, like the HVL-F45RM
- up to 15 flash units can be paired with the FA-WRC1M on the camera
- approximately 98-foot communication distance between FA-WRC1M and flash
- works with Sony FA-WRR1 wireless radio receiver (not included) for flexible creation of multiple wireless setups with various Sony flash models
- controls up to 15 receivers, in up to 5 groups
- works with Sony VMC-MM1 Multi Terminal connecting cables (not included) and FA-WRR1 wireless radio receiver (not included) for simultaneous shutter release on multiple cameras
- allows remote adjustment of flash settings and independent adjustment of receiver settings for easy control of complex lighting setups
- 3 exposure controls with TTL (through-the-lens) metering, manual, and group modes
- built-in sync terminal
- multi-interface foot
- micro USB connection
- uses 2 "AA" batteries (not included)
- 2-5/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 3-5/16"D
- weight: 3.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wireless radio commander
- Terminal cover (installed)
- Padded storage case
- Operating Instructions
- Limited Warranty sheet (US)
- Consumer Warranty sheet (Canada)
- Notes on Remote Release Shooting
Works as stated in description. I am trying to see if I can find non-Sony Flashes and Strobes that can work with this commander.
Carlos, Rockwall, TX
Sony FA-WRC1M Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Sony FA-WRC1M Wireless Radio Commander allows you to wirelessly control up to 15 flash units in 5 groups for creative lighting over expansive areas. The unit can also remotely trigger other cameras to get multiple angles of the same shot. The unit operates over 2.4GHz radio frequencies, with a range of approximately 98.4' (30 meters). Radio frequencies are more reliable than infrared light for triggering remote flash units, especially in bright daylight, and have a greater range. The FA-WRC1M is powered by two "AA" batteries (not included), and comes with a padded storage case.
Note: For off-camera flash setups, you'll need a FA-WRR1 Wireless Radio Receiver, sold separately, for each flash unit. To trigger the shutter release of remote cameras, the FA-WRR1 and the VMC-MM1 Multi Terminal connecting cable are required.
Compatibility: The FA-WRC1M is compatible with the following Sony Interchangeable Lens Cameras and Flash Units:
- E-mount: ILCE-6500, ILCE-7M2, ILCE-7RM2, ILCE-7SM2
- A-mount: ILCA-99M2
- Flash Units: HVL-F32M, HVL-F42AM, HVL-F43AM, HVL-F43M, HVL-F45RM, HVL-F58AM, HVL-F60M
Note: Some cameras will require a firmware update to be compatible.
Wireless Flash Shooting: The Wireless Radio Commander (WRC) attaches to the Multi-Interface Shoe of the compatible camera. Each of the Sony flash units you want to use will need to be connected to a Wireless Radio Receiver (WRR). Before shooting, you will need to pair all of the receivers (up to 15) to the commander. The Wireless Receivers can be divided into up to 5 groups, with each group having its own flash mode and power level. When you press the shutter release on your camera, all of the connected flash units will flash at the same time. The Wireless Remote Commander supports TTL and Manual flash shooting, as well as High-speed Sync (HSS) shooting, with multiple flash units.
Remote Release Shooting: In addition to triggering multiple flash units, the FA-WRC1M can perform remote release shooting of multiple additional cameras to give you shots of the subject taken from different angles. For this, you will need a compatible camera, a Wireless Radio Receiver (FA-WRR1), and a VMC-MM1 Multi Terminal Connecting cable. The cable connects the Wireless Radio Receiver to the remote camera's Multi/Micro USB terminal. When you press the shutter release on your camera, all of the connected cameras will fire at the same time.
Power Requirements: The FA-WRC1M is powered by two AA batteries (not included). You can use alkaline or rechargeable Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) batteries.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.